ClutchNGrab - (Karl)Member since July 1, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Will 2015 be the year Habs end Stanley Cup drought? (2014-08-22 01:15:05)
The time between Elliott Friedman scoop about Leiweke and the official announcement by MLSE probably appeared like an eternity for him. After all the denials he was finally vindicated. I assume MLSE could have just say "no comment" instead of framing him as a uninformed reporter. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459749
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 12:35:09)
What's the advantage of buying that vs an appletv? The apple tv sells for $109.
- Comment on Bozon looking forward to Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-08-16 09:01:16)
On the other hand, who could have predicted Justin Schultz would have sign with the oilers after refusing the offer by Anaheim. Calgary means almost guarenteed ice time.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 12:03:30)
Subban going through the arbitration process this year is the equivalent of Montreal starting the season without Subban in January of 2013. In 2013 Subban blinked first, probably surprised the Habs were ok with starting the season without him. In 2014 Bergevin blinked first, probably surprised the Subban camp was ready to go in front of the arbitrator.
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 12:35:11)
Is Jack Todd considered a reliable source now?
- Comment on New Hab Parenteau can’t wait for training camp to start (2014-08-11 12:29:30)
It's an old April Fool's joke from ThinkGeek: http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/looflirpa/2009.shtml
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 06:22:19)
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 11:18:55)
Here's what I don't get about MB's strategy with Subban. The more he waits, the less he will be able to get through a trade and the more the habs will have to pay to sign him. I don't see a benefit in making thise short deals.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 20:45:31)
As far as I know disciplinary department in professional leagues have not replaced the US court system. Ray Rice was arrested and found guilty in March of third-degree aggravated assault, he's waiting for his sentence. After years of ousting Blacks and hispanics from his apartment buildings and saying stuff like "black people smell and attract vermin", "hispanics just smoke and hang around the building"and "they will pay the rent and live in whatever conditions I give them" he finally gets recorded and those "silly rumors" become a reality. After all that, he loses a franchise for which he will get paid for. 0 conviction, 0 day in prison. What's your point exactly?
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 20:30:47)
I may be the only one, but I think the arbitration is a good thing. Subban's contract is probably one of the hardest to sign. Imagine how hard it would have been to sign Price if he already had one a Vezina trophy at the time. If you had to that all the changes to the collective bargaining agreement concerning their length and the bonuses there are no margin for error. The only franchise players that have been signed since the new agreement are Toews, Kane, Getzlaf and Perry. None of these players are of PK's age, none of them play in a market like Montreal. Also, while the salary cap will increase, part of the increases in the past years came from markets like Montreal. How much more money the Habs will be able to generate to keep the pace, especially the constant rumors of a new Quebec City franchise. I feel PK has been treated unfairly by a lot of people since he came in the league I'm not sure if MB will now fall in this category. If the salary decided by the arbitrator is in the 6.25 zone, MB was right. If it's around the 8.5 Subban is asking, I can't see a future for him in this city, but at least the situation will be clear for all.