ClutchNGrab - (Karl)Member since July 1, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on Liveblog: Galchenyuk hat trick powers Canadiens to third in a row (2014-12-16 21:26:51)
The Hurricanes commentator just said for a second time that Galchenyuk is a Russian player playing a North American style. It can't be that difficult to notice he only played for the US in international competitions.
- Comment on Liveblog: Galchenyuk hat trick powers Canadiens to third in a row (2014-12-16 20:48:41)
- Comment on Liveblog: Galchenyuk hat trick powers Canadiens to third in a row (2014-12-16 20:06:38)
I'm Georgia right now, with a really bad internet connection, I've been trying to watch the game but I was so frustrated I opened the tv. That's when I realized the game was on tv! I guess the deep south is Canes territory since the Trashers left. Whoohoo! Power play!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-13 00:25:18)
Doughty and the Kings were coming off a win over Erik Karlsson and the Ottawa Senators, after which Doughty said: “I always obviously want to outplay the opposing team’s best defenseman. I think [Thursday] I did it for sure [but Friday is] going to be a tough challenge. P.K.’s a good player. I’m going to have to outplay him if we want to win the game.” Doughty, on what he learned about Carey Price in last year’s Olympics: Carey is a great goalie. Both he and Quickie are two of the top three or four goalies in the league, no doubt about it. It’s going to be tough to beat Carey tonight. We’ve got to get bodies in front of him because if he sees pucks, he’s not going to let any in. He’s one of our targets obviously. Doughty, on how P.K. Subban can get to the next level when teams focus on him: Yeah, that happens. You’ll fly by kind of your first two years and no one really knows what you’re about. Eventually their whole, sole priority is just to take you away on the power play. With P.K.’s big shot, guys are just going to stand in front of him now and guys are going to have to find some other space to find lanes and to find passing lanes as well. He’ll figure it out. He’s a good player and very good on the power play especially. I’m sure that he’ll be good tonight. http://lakingsinsider.com/2014/12/12/doughty-on-subban-canadiens-muzzins-play/
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 13:34:33)
The New Yorker has a piece Subban, nice to see a different angle: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/12/15/ice-breaker
- Comment on Yvan Cournoyer heartbroken by death of “my captain” Jean Béliveau (2014-12-05 12:36:09)
Tomorrow will mark the 25th anniverssary of the tragic incident at Polytechnique. December 6, 1989 Marc Lepine entered L'École Polytechnique de Montreal and killed 14 women after claiming he was fighting feminism. Yesterday, all female MNAs, regardless of party affiliation, read part of a text in their honor, the text concluded by citing the name of all victims and a brief description of what they were looking forward to before their death. Really touching moment, here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44FDKBAtl8I
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 15:40:58)
It will probably be Kwenville.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 15:21:20)
It's worse than that... He then post this: DarrenDreger A culture change is required, but does firing coach and gm do that? Not if the team is fundamentally flawed. Tough decisions for Oil brass. When Craig Button answers: If a relatively new building is crumbling & in decay you don't ask the people who designed, built & managed it to fix it! Dregger answers back: Understood, so all from Kevin Lowe down should be terminated? He has ZERO idea what's going on. He's not even confident enough to put forward a scenario.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 14:35:40)
Quenneville has the last change that MAY help him. No guarantee.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 13:36:16)
The best way is to get the puck out...