GenerationYHabs - (Rick)Member since June 27, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: M.Cammalleri
All-time favorite player: K.Dryden
- Comment on Canadiens hit all-star break on a high (2015-01-24 11:47:38)
It's going to be a slow day here today. Here's a video with a few stars showing off some crazy skills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAVM2H9zV7M It really makes me wonder why Subban isn't tried on the shootout more often.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-18 17:40:42)
Resigning Markov and Subban, as well as assembling the supporting cast on the team to surround Price, Paccioretti, and Galchenyuk, were all Bergervin's moves.
- Comment on Galchenyuk dropped from Canadiens’ first line as Therrien mixes things up at practice (2015-01-13 08:41:46)
Emelin has been absolutely terrible defensively this season, while Beaulieu has been emerging as a true top 4. Sure hits are nice, but the defenseman's first priority is keeping the puck out of the net, something which Emelin has struggled to do this season. Also, you assessment that Beaulieu can`t be all physical, is false. He isn`t a push over, nor is he a smurf. Just because he is an offensive defenseman doesn't automatically mean he is the next Diaz. Plus he completely demolished his opponents in the two fights he had earlier this year. As far as Tinordi goes, as much as I would like him to steal a spot on the big club from one of the borderline nhlers we have on our bottom pairing (not at the expense of Beaulieu), he is now injured for an undetermined amount of time.
- Comment on No changes to Habs lineup against Lightning (2015-01-06 12:32:17)
If you think that`s a joke, you should go check out the power ranking on NHL.com. Those clowns had us at 13th if memory serves me.
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-22 11:28:29)
My Family`s solution to this was to implement a $50 secret Santa amongst the adult members. No suggestion list and no gift cards are allowed. The 50$ limit means that it`s not such a big purchase that you have to worry about screwing it up, yet you still need to think carefully about what you buy. This way everyone still opens a present, everyone is legitimately surprised at what they get, and best of all nobody has to break the bank. We still cant help spoiling the little ones rotten though.
- Comment on ‘He was in a class of his own. He was Jean Béliveau': Geoff Molson (2014-12-10 14:08:16)
I find it almost poetic, how the greatest captain this team ( or any team really) has ever seen, leaves us on a year where the position has been left void for only the second time in it`s history.
- Comment on Carey Price will start in Buffalo; Habs’ power play gets a new look (2014-11-28 07:56:42)
I might not be able to make any of the events, but I'm just popping on to wish all you guys a fun and safe summit this year. If Hurleys has any stock left by Sunday you guys definetely did it wrong.
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-27 12:42:33)
@ Cal: That's more of a problem that has to do with distribution and economics, rather than production. The amount of food that's wasted every year in the developed world is astronomical.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Blues bring out the best in Canadiens (2014-11-21 13:03:31)
I find it absolutely hilarious how the Habs can be first in the league for the better part of the season, yet the geniuses you write the NHL power ranking constantly have them ranked low week after week. They have the first place habs as #13 on the list, yet the Blackhawks who aren't impressing anyone right now are at #2. Why? Because they have good advance stats.. What a joke!
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-09 20:41:07)
CTCUM ? Wow, hehe you really haven't been to Montreal In a long while, have you?