habs_flan - (Jim Flanagan)Member since June 26, 2011
Habs fan since: 1988
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on ‘Knuckles’ Nilan joins TSN Radio 690 (2013-03-13 10:39:46)
Gabriel Dumont skating on a line with Ryan White, a Manitoba native. Riel's legacy well and truly alive. And the Habs keep winning, I'm seeing a Pateryn.
- Comment on Canadiens draft Collberg, Thrower in second round; Bozon in third (2012-06-23 19:18:45)
Philly wanted a rough, no nonsense, stay at home dman. Schenn fits that bill. He's young, has experience, and is under contract. The habs do not have an equivalent. This one trade does not make MB a passive GM.
- Comment on P.K. called to order at practice (2012-01-24 17:20:36)
You live in your own little world if you think that should be the real story. I heard langage far worse than that when I played minor hockey. That's nothing. Far worse gets said every practice and game then "wake the (expletive) up".
- Comment on About last night … (2011-11-20 15:25:03)
I think that in an ideal world, Subban would be on the first pp unit. Clearly, he is a better player than Weber. However, his shooting has becoming erratical, like the Dion Phaneuf of last year. Once he works out the kinks and demonstrates to the coaching staff that he knows when to pass, wrist it at the net or fully unload a shot, he'll be back on the top unit.
- Comment on Liveblog: A significant and satisfying win (2011-11-19 20:06:05)
The reason Eller doesn't get more ice time, despite his obvious talent, is a result of not playing smart hockey. Most recent example...20 seconds on the clock and Eller tries to dangle at the Rangers blue line instead of dumping it in. Result - turnover.
- Comment on About last night … (2011-10-30 12:51:51)
I wonder if dealing with Gomez will be part of "thinking outside the box" and at the same time related to the Pearn firing. Pearn was the assistant coach in New York while Gomez was still there. Perhaps he was against demoting Gomez and/or placing him on waivers.