mr_jmac - (Joe MacDougall)Member since June 22, 2011
Sault Ste Marie
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 11:51:20)
I think Gionta has been playing excellent this year. Great speed and forechecking. He has had a lot of chances where the bounces went the other way. With the role he is in ... if he is underperforming it is not by uch. Is he overpaid for his work ... probably but that is usually the case in the last year of contract for players his age.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 11:40:40)
With the best defensive record in the league ... I think whatever MT chooses in terms of D pairings ... he's got it right.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 26 – Winning streak ends with Shootout in D.C. (2013-11-29 18:01:06)
Over the past 5 games it seems that the team as a whole is skating a lot faster and transitioning out of their own zone into the offensive zone a lot quicker and with more precise passing. The addition of Emelin definitely has helped but my theory is that the system MT utilizes takes time to perfect and works best when players are really skating well and when players gel well their line mates. With the addition of Briere and some of the injuries earlier on in the season the team just didn't have enough time gel. Also, players should now be physically peaking. Remember last year was a shortened year and players were all skating and probably in better shape when the season started hence the fantastic start to the season which carried through.
- Comment on Fans might need to adjust cable package to see all Habs games in new NHL TV deal (2013-11-27 10:38:01)
No way. With a cap hit of 4.5 per year for the next 5 years this is one of the best values in the NHL for a 30 goal scorer.
- Comment on Habs shake up lines at practice (2013-11-19 10:20:07)
I was thinking the same thing the last game. Last year they seemed to be able to breakout with ease with D-men always moving their feet. This year, there are a lot of times where the D-man is basically standing still just waiting to make that first pass.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 12: Canadiens spoil MSG opener (2013-10-28 16:41:27)
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs against Rangers (2013-10-28 13:08:11)
Do they count as one player on the ice or two?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 7 – Canadiens 5 – Columbus 3 in a barnburner (2013-10-17 20:06:04)
Wow! What has gotten into P.K the last two games ... amazing stick handling sequences. Gotta sign Markov next year ... those two together are magic.
- Comment on Gionta will be in lineup against Jets; Brière demoted to fourth line (2013-10-15 14:34:16)
I don't have cable ... when the games are on TSN or CBC I actually watch them at my folks' house.
- Comment on Gionta will be in lineup against Jets; Brière demoted to fourth line (2013-10-15 13:11:30)
I really like like this line-up a lot. Fearless predictions ... Habs smoke the Jets tonight, DD has a break-out game and go 7-2-1 over the next 10 games. I think these lines create a much more balanced team. There is strength on all 4 lines with two bigger bodies on each line (Gally counts as one cause he plays like one.) These lines better suit the Canadiens style of play allowing all 4 lines to constantly keep the pressure on the opponent.