mr_jmac - (Joe MacDougall)Member since June 22, 2011
Sault Ste Marie
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix (2014-03-07 22:59:27)
Is Todd Bertuzzi the only player that disgusts you? There are countless player over the years that repeatedly did things on the ice with the intention of hurting their opponents. People are being so results orientated when they talk about Bertuzzi.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 23:43:26)
that didn't help Chucky's case for more PP time
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 23:28:22)
Man, what is with Emelin. It's like players are skating around him with ease lately. I remember a time not too long ago where he struck fear into players and they wouldn't even try it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-05 22:45:07)
MaxPac-DD-Gally Chucky-Eller-Vanek Bournival-Plek-Gio Bourque-Briere-Prust
- Comment on Loss to Kings wasn’t a moral victory, Gionta says (2014-03-04 12:45:03)
I don't understand all this talk of trading Eller. He is a RFA next year and his stats this year will allow Montreal to re-sign him at a very fair price for perhaps short term contract. This far outweighs what they could potential get for him by trading. Besides it is too early to give up on him.
- Comment on Habs’ Brière will be a healthy scratch against Blues (2013-12-19 16:36:50)
I think Murray has been steadily improving every game. He is starting to make better passes 5 on 5 and looks bit faster (or less slow) than when earlier in the season. I doubt he is going anywhere and unless he is injured I would expect him to be a regular in the line-up for the rest of the season.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 11:51:20)
I think Gionta has been playing excellent this year. Great speed and forechecking. He has had a lot of chances where the bounces went the other way. With the role he is in ... if he is underperforming it is not by uch. Is he overpaid for his work ... probably but that is usually the case in the last year of contract for players his age.
- Comment on Habs on a roll heading into New Jersey (2013-12-04 11:40:40)
With the best defensive record in the league ... I think whatever MT chooses in terms of D pairings ... he's got it right.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 26 – Winning streak ends with Shootout in D.C. (2013-11-29 18:01:06)
Over the past 5 games it seems that the team as a whole is skating a lot faster and transitioning out of their own zone into the offensive zone a lot quicker and with more precise passing. The addition of Emelin definitely has helped but my theory is that the system MT utilizes takes time to perfect and works best when players are really skating well and when players gel well their line mates. With the addition of Briere and some of the injuries earlier on in the season the team just didn't have enough time gel. Also, players should now be physically peaking. Remember last year was a shortened year and players were all skating and probably in better shape when the season started hence the fantastic start to the season which carried through.
- Comment on Fans might need to adjust cable package to see all Habs games in new NHL TV deal (2013-11-27 10:38:01)
No way. With a cap hit of 4.5 per year for the next 5 years this is one of the best values in the NHL for a 30 goal scorer.