gmur - (George Murphy)Member since June 15, 2011
Habs fan since: 1969
Favorite current player: Josh Gorges
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Weary Habs get day off after loss in Phoenix (2014-03-08 06:56:15)
Weary Habs? What about weary Hab fans who stay up all hours watching? I feel like I'm suffering from jet lag without leaving home...
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-07 07:59:32)
Goodness, Mr. Boone, the Olympics took place from the 6th to the 23rd of February 2014 in Sochi, Russia. Canada won the gold medal. Sweden is still waiting for their silver to be assembled at an IKEA factory... Glad I could be of help... I don't think they're real close to being a contender either.
- Comment on Vanek set to make Habs debut in Phoenix; Gorges returns to Montreal (2014-03-06 14:15:57)
So... Weaver, a reliable defenceman, who averaged some of the toughest minutes of any Panthers defenceman this season and has an edge to his play; http://lastwordonsports.com/2014/03/04/montreal-canadiens-acquire-mike-weaver/ Dubnyk, an insurance goaltender who has played as big as his size in the past; Vanek, a goalscorer who averages almost a point-per-game and is the Habs leading scorer as of yesterday... And there is not one player gone from the lineup of a team who sits comfortably in a playoff position without these players in the lineup. Not a bad few day's work by Bergevin. Let's hope Gorges isn't gone for long... Mike Weaver's acquisition certainly looks pretty good right now with Gorges' absence. Gives depth to Therrien to work with. Feels good to be a Habs fan today.
- Comment on Habs acquire defenceman Weaver from Panthers; Price back on ice (2014-03-04 19:23:54)
Why are people moaning about the Weaver trade, stating that we'll never have a chance to win the cup now this season? How many of you would put more than your ego on the table betting for the Habs to take the cup? We're a young team, about to get younger this year and next when Murray, Gionta and a few other players disappear, to be replaced by young players coming up through the system. We are a few years away from being a bona fide cup contender, and that's if things pan out for the team. So, Weaver? Why not? Plays a lot of minutes, hits, seems mobile... He may be a decent insurance policy against teams that leave Murray in their dust. In case of an injury, he's a move that makes sense. On the off chance we make it past the first round, it helps to have veterans in the room and on the ice.
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 18:45:30)
Agreed... getting 5 of 6 points since the Olympics hasn't hurt the management being cautious about his return...
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 18:42:35)
This phone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoTBlDfVhk
- Comment on Habs’ Budaj will get fourth straight start against Kings (2014-03-03 18:38:40)
I know this has probably already been posted, but... Markov has to stay with the Habs. The only way he should be traded is if his cap hit prevents the Habs from signing Subban long term. Some may disagree, but Markov is an underrated defenceman here in Montreal... and in the league. He consistently makes perfect outlet passes, rarely gets outplayed in his zone or one-on-one, is a top-tier point man on the powerplay... Those defencemen are few and far between... plus, he's a product of the organisation. The D-man who made me think of him on team Canada was Vlasic. Quiet, mobile, efficient, and steady as they come. The way he plays, he could be around for 5-6 seasons to come. My sense is we would regret any trade for him very much.
- Comment on Habs call up Tinordi from Bulldogs (2014-02-23 19:51:55)
Selecting Price and standing by him ALMOST absolves Gainey of the Great Alaskan Gomez Caper...
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan says the ‘curse of Ovechkin’ cost Russia at Olympics (2014-02-21 06:28:11)
I noticed that a lot fewer Americans were crying yesterday despite a heartbreaking loss... looks like they're used to Olympic silver now. Sorry, couldn't help it.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan says the ‘curse of Ovechkin’ cost Russia at Olympics (2014-02-21 06:25:05)
cute as a button...