kerrgte - (george k)Member since June 13, 2011
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: brian gionta - smartest player
All-time favorite player: serge savard - so solid
- Comment on New Hab Tangradi skates on fourth line at practice; Gilbert demoted to seventh defenceman (2014-11-26 15:46:38)
I had carpal tunnel several years ago in my right wrist. It was extremely painful and the lest activity aggravated it. My GP prescribed a regimen of ibuprofen over 2 + weeks and as much wrist rest as I could manage for the afflicted joint. Avoid putting your wrist on hard surfaces, eg a desk while using a mouse. And also use a joint support (otc splint like device). I didn't need a procedure - thankfully.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-23 07:46:22)
...keep the faith. The team's obvious deficiencies will be addressed before the trade deadline.
- Comment on New Hab Bryan Allen will be in the lineup against Bruins (2014-11-22 13:53:20)
probably not. A deal arose which enabled the team to get something in return for Bourque and his cap hit - period. Allen will have to earn a spot next year just like everybody else. These are contractors, plain and simple, and paid royally for their efforts. Every member of the team is an asset and as such is available ... at the right price. And yes, there will be a trade at the deadline IF, at that time, a glaring deficiency is identified AND there is a trade available to improve the club. .
- Comment on New Hab Bryan Allen will be in the lineup against Bruins (2014-11-22 13:45:37)
... also getting better, deeper. Let's not even think of second guessing the best GM in the league .
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 09:17:28)
MB is a top echelon GM ... and, he's not finished the team's composition rebuild. As opportunities arise, MB will address the team's shortcomings .. always with a view to optimizing team strengths and the cap position. A March trade deadline addition (rental) is a certainty. cheers
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 19:00:14)
A brilliant move in the face of potentially expensive contracts coming up next year. (Who'd have thought there'd be a taker.) Unloading Bourque's '15-16 cap hit will provide much needed cap room. Beaulieu and Tinordi will continue to get their chances to earn their keep. There's no hurry here. While keeping an eye on the longer term picture, these 'here and now' chances to improve a team's cap position must be acted upon,
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 18:51:19)
Beaulieu and Tinordi will get their chances to compete for jobs.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 18:38:05)
This is another brilliant move !! No $3.3 mill Bourque cap hit for next year. This clears cap space for potentially expensive contracts next year. As for Beaulieu and Tinordi - there's no hurry.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Weise strikes first and often against Bruins (2014-11-14 11:49:37)
MB is developing Tinordi and McCarron appropriately. Take a look at MB's own hockey history. He was up to the NHL and down to the minors for years. I think MB's brought "you gotta earn it" to this club - a very, very good thing. IN reference to the Gonchar trade, Note that MB also played NHL defence until he was about age 39, so he knows from his own experience just what a 40 year old body can do. Smart cap mgt is the key to success. cheers george k
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 07:51:26)
It was overall a good short-term trade. Long term is sewn up with Beaulieu and Tinord. I honestly don't understand the value of Bournival. He's never put up points, skates beautifully, but with cement hands. Andrighetto, on the other hand, is a very determined and talented player who should get a chance,