kerrgte - (george k)Member since June 13, 2011
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: brian gionta - smartest player
All-time favorite player: serge savard - so solid
- Comment on Bring on the Bruins! Canadiens get ready for a busy weekend (2014-11-22 09:17:28)
MB is a top echelon GM ... and, he's not finished the team's composition rebuild. As opportunities arise, MB will address the team's shortcomings .. always with a view to optimizing team strengths and the cap position. A March trade deadline addition (rental) is a certainty. cheers
- Comment on Liveblog: The losing streak is over (2014-11-20 19:00:14)
A brilliant move in the face of potentially expensive contracts coming up next year. (Who'd have thought there'd be a taker.) Unloading Bourque's '15-16 cap hit will provide much needed cap room. Beaulieu and Tinordi will continue to get their chances to earn their keep. There's no hurry here. While keeping an eye on the longer term picture, these 'here and now' chances to improve a team's cap position must be acted upon,
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 18:51:19)
Beaulieu and Tinordi will get their chances to compete for jobs.
- Comment on Canadiens trade Rene Bourque to Ducks for defenceman Bryan Allen (2014-11-20 18:38:05)
This is another brilliant move !! No $3.3 mill Bourque cap hit for next year. This clears cap space for potentially expensive contracts next year. As for Beaulieu and Tinordi - there's no hurry.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Habs’ Weise strikes first and often against Bruins (2014-11-14 11:49:37)
MB is developing Tinordi and McCarron appropriately. Take a look at MB's own hockey history. He was up to the NHL and down to the minors for years. I think MB's brought "you gotta earn it" to this club - a very, very good thing. IN reference to the Gonchar trade, Note that MB also played NHL defence until he was about age 39, so he knows from his own experience just what a 40 year old body can do. Smart cap mgt is the key to success. cheers george k
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 07:51:26)
It was overall a good short-term trade. Long term is sewn up with Beaulieu and Tinord. I honestly don't understand the value of Bournival. He's never put up points, skates beautifully, but with cement hands. Andrighetto, on the other hand, is a very determined and talented player who should get a chance,
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 07:40:23)
Note that M Bergevin played D in the NHL until he was nearly 39. He knows from experience that a 40 year old has something to give. Gonchar is a smart guy who will dialogue effectively with MT regarding his limitations. It's a snow day here today. Only 4 weeks to go before I'm in the Algarve for the duration. chyeers
- Comment on Sergei Gonchar will be in lineup for Canadiens against Bruins (2014-11-13 11:43:32)
A very smart MB trade. It's all about cap mgt. 1. Opens up cap $1.9 mill space for next year's contracts. 2. Another mentor d- man. 3. Adds a smart d-man for the powerplay. (He'll likely get 5-6 pp minutes plus 3-4 minutes per game to keep him warmed up. (Special teams are critical today.)) Additionally, there remains $2.9 mill of cap space today which will increase as the season progresses to the March trade deadline. I expect there will a rental player added at that time.
- Comment on Rene Bourque clears waivers, sent to Hamilton by Canadiens; Drayson Bowman called up (2014-11-10 16:37:44)
I feel happy for the extra space under the crucially important Cap. Forget the 'no points' Bournival, let's see Andrighetto up in the big club.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 10:08:58)
I was impressed with that too. I think that his successful first rumble will help him. He seems to get better with every game. I'd like to see Andrighetto brought up. Why Bowman, or Bournival for that matter, was brought up was beyond me. In the preseason, Andrighetto looked great as a tireless worker and always a scoring threat. He has the best +/- and points in Hamilton. He personifies 'character' having overcome all odds to be successful in North America. Cheers