Habitforming - (Matt Godbout)Member since May 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Richard
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-13 17:10:10)
Not a chance does Bournival make the team ahead of Sekac
- Comment on Bozon at Habs’ rookie camp after battling meningitis (2014-09-12 21:19:59)
Maybe after the handshake threats, poor sportsmanship from clean hits, and all the nut shots from behind the Bruins finally find some pride and move the mentally challenged Lucic. I think moving his $6M cap hit would fix their problems and also bolster their prospect pool, since a team would likely way overpay in a trade for him.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-10 15:24:31)
I don't understand why it is such a big deal giving PK the money he is worth (he took a home team discount don't kid yourself) and having it "Handicap" the team, but its perfectly ok to pay a centre huge money like you suggest but it isn't called a "Handicap" for that position. How would we ever entice a top defense man to the Habs if we were handicapped with an Eric Staal contract? The Habs made a choice as to what is important at this very moment. There are no top centers available in trades or ever as a UFA, so PK is the smart choice to keep an elite talent. In a few years if Galchenyuk turns into that super expensive elite centre the cap situation will be very different. Looking at the overall picture for now and to who gets what in the future, MB is doing a wonderful job staying ahead of it all.
- Comment on Desharnais hopes to play on line with Gallagher, Pacioretty (2014-09-10 06:50:35)
Of course DD wants to play on that line! It masks his play and inflates his numbers (leading to a fat payday already) His numbers on that line are nothing fantastic anyway and suggest almost any Habs centre can hit those with Patches.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 14:06:21)
Its not the 50's anymore Ian. You keep your stars and fill in after that. Every cup contender does it contrary to your description of spreading it out over a roster. Chi, LA, BOS all pay their stars market value and then fill in with what they can after the fact. Unless you mean before the last 7 Cup winners. BTW- being "Disappointed" in PK? ugh .... He is looking out for himself, for his career and under pressure from various agencies to follow through. Careful not to get hurt falling off your soap box while preaching what someone else should do with their life.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 13:56:29)
Geez reading some of the clowns on here today talking about contract comparables from up to 4 years ago, or that PK is worth less than Markov makes me glad I avoided the site yesterday. I think I'll come back in September when most of these types have faded out.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-28 21:53:05)
Pretty sure Habs will have an announcement to make tomorrow.
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-26 17:15:33)
I'll say $70M over 8 years $7.5 x 2 $8.5 x2 $9.0 x2 $10 x2 $8.75M AAV
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-25 06:45:00)
I expect a great season for Bourque this year. After his concussion from an Orr sucker punch he was scared to do much, but I think the playoffs woke up a desire that he had buried for the last few years.... plus he will be looking for a contract.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 07:23:05)
DD 38 pts /82 gms without Patches DD 55 pts /82 gms with Patches Is it really Patches who benefits from DD, or the other way around?