Habitforming - (Matt Godbout)Member since May 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Richard
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-25 07:36:01)
DSP is/was a Leafs fan. He played for the junior Canadiens (hence the uni) and took advantage of meeting an NHL player at the time of the pic. He isn't a habs fan.... yet
- Comment on Habs trade Jiri Sekac to Anaheim for Devante Smith-Pelly (2015-02-24 12:28:07)
SP hasn't had to adjust to the smaller ice and NA game. Sp is a bottom 6 forward.... certainly one of the 9 we currently have was enough or could have been had cheaper than a player with the creativity and potential top 6 of Sekac. MT has his whipping boys and his favorites. I'm shocked MB was swayed into this by a coach who has a job because he can speak french. Don't think for a second this won't hurt the habs in the future if a player is trying to decide which team to sign with as a UFA from Europe.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Blues preview (with video): Pacioretty named NHL’s third star of week (2015-02-24 08:37:17)
Any line up that is struggling to produce any offense for three lines (max Pac is the only one) and has Malhotra over Sekac is one that cannot be argued for at all. You can't tell me that Malhotra is being showcased for a trade, so other than that, there is no way it makes sense at all
- Comment on Panthers vs. Canadiens preview: Tinordi in lineup for Habs (2015-02-19 15:13:21)
I can't help but think that the habs have a lot of talented, but smallish, youngsters playing all over the place that are a bit redundant or replaceable and it might be a good time to move some for the help they currently need. Even though it will be unpopular...... Hudon 5' 11" 180 Andrighetto 5' 9" 175 Lehkonen 5' 11" 175 Thomas 5' 9" 180 Bournival 5' 11" 195 Dumont 5' 10" 185 Reway 5' 9" 175 I'm sure some or all of these guys can, at the very least, help them get what they need in a trade. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but there is a list of 7 smallish players with lots of skill that really don't have a spot on the roster anytime soon with small guys like Gallagher and Desharnais already there and going nowhere. None of those names are the bread and butter of the future, its time to move them out in deals to help the big team now.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-15 08:16:41)
Franson was actually quite good last night.
- Comment on Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Sekac, Gilbert healthy scratches for Habs (2015-02-13 16:12:49)
"Eller’s been the Habs best faceoff man, best possession center, & highest per min goalscoring center. Move him to the wing & trade him lol." Mr Berkshire, is that you?
- Comment on Habs’ de la Rose will make NHL debut against Sabres (2015-02-03 22:33:48)
That might be one of the dumbest things I have read on this site. Yes, that's saying something. Weise is a fourth liner, not a top 6 RW in any pro league.
- Comment on Habs’ de la Rose will make NHL debut against Sabres (2015-02-03 15:11:21)
I'm all for some guys getting a shot vs the lowly sabres (especially DLR) but I can't help but think they missed a great opportunity to see what Hudon has got. Since they are playing a mannequin on the top line and acting like he fits or contributes, Hudon would have been a great addition to that line with or without chemistry or NHL experience. If Weise can play there, then just about anyone not named Malhotra can be tried there without an argument against it.
- Comment on Habs are a good team, but there’s still work to do (2015-01-10 05:18:43)
LOL You think Tinordi is nothing special, then mention Pateryn and Drewiske as replacements or better replacements??? just WOW
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-30 10:51:27)
Good thing I didn't say anything about production then huh? When you learn to read then join in on the conversation. Edit: After reading your other posts, just don't bother with joining in. You are completely clueless