Habitforming - (Matt Godbout)Member since May 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1975
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Richard
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Lesser lights shine for Penguins as Habs focus on Crosby (2014-11-19 13:22:58)
I know Nate will be crucified for his "Give away" here without reading a single post. However, his pass was perfect, stick to stick for a clean breakout. No one could have predicted the puck to hit something and skip over Weise's stick right to Bennett. It doesn't matter who makes that pass, its just crappy luck
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-17 13:04:59)
Mike Zeisberger (Toronto based paper mind you) has the habs 8th behind 1. Pitts 2. ANA 3.STL 4.TB 5. Det 6. LA 7. Nash 8. Habs 9. Canucks 10. Hawks
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-14 07:18:06)
I don't put too much stock into the back to back excuse. The habs beat the Bruins 3 times last year on the second night of back to backs.
- Comment on Canadiens send Jarred Tinordi down to Hamilton, try new look on power play (2014-11-12 12:06:14)
Bergevin tried to get him at the end of last season and again in the summer. I like your version better, but I think Gonchar has always been the target for MB.
- Comment on Canadiens send Jarred Tinordi down to Hamilton, try new look on power play (2014-11-12 12:04:36)
True, I always bet on something foolish with him (like playing vets that can't produce over kids that can i.e. Bourque over Sekac) and he totally blows me away with another move that isn't even fathomable (like Weise going from the "unable to crack the fourth line" press box seat, to a week on the first line)
- Comment on Canadiens send Jarred Tinordi down to Hamilton, try new look on power play (2014-11-12 11:53:35)
Bouillion and Murray = no playing time for Beaulieu and Tinordi, not ready for playoffs. Boo Boo and Murray gone = minutes for both kids to be ready for post season 16 games in Gonchar and Weaver = No minutes for Beau and Tiny and again won't be ready for the playoffs I don't believe it for a second that MT will use Gonchar at 12 mins or less per game. He loves to overuse veterans no matter how bad they play, while crucifying young Dmen for the same mistakes.
- Comment on Canadiens put Rene Bourque on waivers, recall Jarred Tinordi from Hamilton (2014-11-10 08:53:39)
The unofficial asking price for E. Kane is Beaulieu, Gallagher and a good pick (first maybe?) I can't see MB doing that one at all.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-09 08:46:30)
I think the "Sekac was tired from camp and a few games" ( of 11 mins) quote was nothing more than to appease the fans and media with a "reason". The truth of the matter is that a 22 year old doesn't burn out from training camp and 6 games.....just doesn't happen. If by some miracle it did happen, he certainly doesn't need 6-8 games to rest.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-05 07:52:48)
You're kidding right? No room for Sekac or Bournival? I assume you like watch Weiss swipe at pucks from 5 feet out and miss the net or fan completely? Or how about the many times he doesn't even see the pass in the O zone and it just passes through his feet? Saying there isn't room on the roster when they have a 4th line player on the first line is short sighted. Saying you can't sit a player because of his contract size is foolish. If a player making $3M can't do or play as well as a $900K player then that $3M player has to be moved or benched until he gets his act together and plays like his salary dictates. That's up to the coach. The PP that isn't even shooting, let alone scoring, is up to the coach. Being prepared for games is up to the coach. Pulling line combos out of a hat and putting 15 point players on your top line is unbelievable. Yet somehow putting Sekac in the line up at all is "riskier" than making the best line you have completely ineffective. I expected this team to take a step back from last year, I didn't expect the coach to go back 15 years.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Flames preview: Price earns Molson Cup, Therrien juggles lines at practice (with video) (2014-11-02 10:47:21)
I get that, but if you're going to go crazy with the lines like it just doesn't matter than why not put Sekac on the top line? He brings much more to the table than Weiss does. Sekac should be playing no matter what really.