neumann103 - (Peter Robinson)Member since May 13, 2011
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, Ken Dryden
"Et le but!"
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 82 – Gionta’s penalty-shot goal in OT beats Rangers (2014-04-12 19:46:38)
Among the many reasons to #FireTherrien, this. Still has absolutely no idea what he has or how to deploy them
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 80 – Canadiens lose an OT thriller to Hawks, Galchenyuk injured (2014-04-09 20:55:48)
More ready than Murray or Bouillon. And the kid is playing his off side.
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 12:32:16)
Murray and Bouillon have each been responsible for multiple goals given up in a short period of time on many occasions and have not been benched despite the fact that they bring almost nothing to the table. From the start of the reign of Therrien there has been a totally different standard for "discipline" for Subban and Eller than for others. "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 12:13:29)
"He certainly has not been improving under Therrien/Daigneault. And that’s worrisome for me, if the team is committed to it’s coaching staff. " Agreed. And almost no-one has been improving under this coaching staff this year. Which causes one to ask could it be the great majority of players getting worse, or bad coaching? "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 12:10:58)
Or has a coach(es) who is an idiot. "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 12:09:21)
Subban is not bad defensively. You are just repeating a stale internet meme. "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 12:01:28)
Matty, How bout this. What if they move some new guy into the office next door and he keeps making these phlegmatic snorkelling sinus sounds, and occasionally lets go 105 decibel burps? 8 hours a day, every day. "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-07 11:59:20)
Gerry, I am not normally an optimist but I took it as a positive sign that the Habs seemed to be fine letting him go back to Sweden last year. My assumption was that they agreed that if he did not have a chance to make the Habs, they would not keep him buried in Hamilton but instead let him go back where he can get paid and still develop against professional competition. My hope is that the player and the team are on the same page and that he will be given a good shot at making the Habs next year, and if not then let him go back. I don't know offhand how performance and signing bonuses work on entry level contracts but I assume that having played in Hamilton a bit this season he got his $92.5K signing bonus but not his perfomance bonus. I expect he makes a lot more in the SHL than the $70K he would earn in the AHL. It would seem that the thing that makes sense for all parties is letting him go play in Sweden if he does not crack the Habs roster. I expect that - like emelin - there may be some tacit agreement on that. "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-06 20:49:48)
It is comments like this and Marc10's below on Subban that make me wish there was a Recommend or Like or Upvote function. Correct on all points "Et le but!"
- Comment on Habs closing in on home ice for playoffs (2014-04-06 20:15:37)
or a few posts down, talking about trading Pacioretty for the big Neanderthal "Et le but!"