jon514 - (Jonathan Hiltser)Member since May 12, 2011
Habs fan since: 1982
Favorite current player: Brenden Gallagher
All-time favorite player: The Rocket
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 12:10:53)
I really hope they don't give the "C" to Plek. I love the guy, but they SHOULD trade him at the deadline this year. It's harder to trade a captain because it doesn't play well in the room for the team to ditch their captain 2 years in a row. It's taboo but... Carey Price for captain?
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 12:03:41)
I think a captain should set an example on the ice. The person on this team who sets the best example on the ice, IMHO, is Brendan Gallagher. Unfortunately he's too young to be a captain, but I would give him an 'A'.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 19:22:33)
If anything Molson might have said if you choose to overpay and as a result we need to buy some guys out next year, that's OK.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 13:52:05)
Good point. In truth I think they will trade Plek provided Eller proves he can handle the defensive responsibility. Moen should be gone before the start of the 2014 season. Find a dance partner and pull the trigger.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 20:18:24)
Without laying any blame on MB or PK... I think Subban signs an offer sheet and you let him go next off season. I would trade all the good things MB has done this off season to take back this one terrible mistake.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 17:03:01)
YES! In 2 years that is going to be one of the best contracts in the NHL.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:31:04)
Sigh... I know you need to score points to make it INTO the playoffs, but when is the last time Plek or DD scored 13 points in the playoffs. Lars is just hitting his stride. What we are basically saying is Moen, Prust, Bourque are all better than Lars. That's why Prust is the 3rd line center right?
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:26:18)
Kreider deal is seriously bad news for Habs. Lots of comparables to Eller in terms of points. If we lose Lars it will be a terrible thing. 13 points in the playoffs and he still can't get any respect.
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-10 07:39:06)
It's kinda like the holocaust. We can't stop talking about it, lest we forget...
- Comment on Gallant named head coach of Panthers; Habs open 2014-15 season in Toronto (2014-06-21 20:09:04)
I think Ekblad is going to be a special player in 2-3 years. Shea Weber is my favorite defenseman, so any player in his mold makes me drool a little.