jon514 - (Jonathan Hiltser)Member since May 12, 2011
Habs fan since: 1982
Favorite current player: Brenden Gallagher
All-time favorite player: The Rocket
- Comment on Habs enjoy a day off in Florida on New Year’s Eve (2015-01-01 09:57:34)
Happy new year to all! Does anyone else think the habs should try and trade Pateryn? Last year he looked on the bubble. He started the year with a BIG statement to the media that he had nothing left to learn in Hamilton. His spirit seems to be broken under the log jam of defense prospects and I would go so far as to say he's number 4 on the farm not counting Beaulieu. Time to cut and run I think. Not the biggest move, but still a trade might bring back a high 3rd round pick.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Islanders preview (2014-12-23 08:11:35)
Hi guys, I seem to remember something about a Dec 23rd curse and a losing streak for all games on this day for the habs. Anyone know if that's still in effect? Edit: Apparently they broke the curse in 2009. It stood for 64 years! Thanks, Jon
- Comment on Carey Price will start in Buffalo; Habs’ power play gets a new look (2014-11-28 06:32:19)
Craig McTavish should organize a Black Friday sale on Oilers superstars. 8 losses in a row!
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 12:10:53)
I really hope they don't give the "C" to Plek. I love the guy, but they SHOULD trade him at the deadline this year. It's harder to trade a captain because it doesn't play well in the room for the team to ditch their captain 2 years in a row. It's taboo but... Carey Price for captain?
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 12:03:41)
I think a captain should set an example on the ice. The person on this team who sets the best example on the ice, IMHO, is Brendan Gallagher. Unfortunately he's too young to be a captain, but I would give him an 'A'.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 19:22:33)
If anything Molson might have said if you choose to overpay and as a result we need to buy some guys out next year, that's OK.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-02 13:52:05)
Good point. In truth I think they will trade Plek provided Eller proves he can handle the defensive responsibility. Moen should be gone before the start of the 2014 season. Find a dance partner and pull the trigger.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 20:18:24)
Without laying any blame on MB or PK... I think Subban signs an offer sheet and you let him go next off season. I would trade all the good things MB has done this off season to take back this one terrible mistake.
- Comment on Eller agrees to four-year, $14-million deal with Habs (2014-07-24 17:03:01)
YES! In 2 years that is going to be one of the best contracts in the NHL.
- Comment on Habs, Eller far apart heading into salary arbitration (2014-07-23 14:31:04)
Sigh... I know you need to score points to make it INTO the playoffs, but when is the last time Plek or DD scored 13 points in the playoffs. Lars is just hitting his stride. What we are basically saying is Moen, Prust, Bourque are all better than Lars. That's why Prust is the 3rd line center right?