kalevine - (Ken Levine)Member since May 2, 2011
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Mats Naslund
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-21 18:09:04)
I have a different memory of 2011-2012, that being that the Habs were in most games entering the 3rd period, often actually leading the game, and blew it then, so I'm not sure that the opponents had a chance to do what you say, until maybe late in the 3rd.
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-21 17:58:37)
He was my college roommate, a native Montrealer and a die hard Habs fan. I think before the Sens return (in the 90s?) he followed the Habs for one of the Ottawa papers
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-03 15:02:35)
one of my few really perceptive predictions was that he would be a dark horse in the playoffs last year, which he was, with several big goals and helpers, and a solid high energy game that distracted opponents from our big guns
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 17:45:53)
of all of Gauthier's weaknesses (apart from his MBA style management), his biggest was that, when he wanted to trade someone, he did it stealthily for some reason,m and hence the value in return was less than it should have been
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 17:13:52)
I think PK should be overpaid by a bit because he was underpaid for 2 years on that bridge contract, when all those lesser and unproven players were getting long term deals. So whatever you think he's worth over 5 years, add 1 mill per year.
- Comment on Habs’ Subban expects arbitrator to decide on his contract (2014-08-01 09:51:00)
I don't agree. I think he would be popular anywhere, maybe more popular in some US markets, where they are less afraid of flamboyance and non cookie cutter athletes. I'm pretty disappointed right now. So many duds have gotten more respect than they deserved and PK already gave them a big discount for the last 2 years
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 14:24:42)
great job Ian and the generous members in Calgary and elsewhere. This community stands together....at least in matters not directly related to hockey :) Glad to see Alex is doing better
- Comment on Mike & Max’s excellent adventure: Weaver’s dream summer with Pacioretty (2014-07-09 21:35:21)
I only have one child, who is 21, and he's a cat. He will not influence my choice of activities this weekend
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 16:08:53)
:) No, I just needed to get that off my chest!
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 15:52:09)
Max is very much a bargain at his current contract, but that doesn't automatically mean it would be dumb to trade him, just that any trade involving him needs to be especially favorable to the Habs since the opponent is not only getting a premium offensive player but great value for the cap hit. IMO he should not be traded because the Habs have lost enough offense already and he is due for a breakthrough playoff, and young enough that he could still have one. A breakthrough playoff for Max could well lead to a playoff run that will make the 2014 playoff seem like small potatoes