HabshireMember since April 27, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-27 14:57:23)
Last deal happened 3 days before regular season: http://scoutingtherefs.com/2014/08/4146/nhl-referees-negotiating-new-cba/ Tim Peel on then off of twitter. Apparently he didn't know the rules of his contract: http://scoutingtherefs.com/2014/07/4052/tim-peels-twitter-account-waved/
- Comment on Cournoyer speaks about vacant Habs captaincy (2014-08-27 13:20:40)
Expanding to Vegas is dumb idea. They're running out of water. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10932785/The-race-to-stop-Las-Vegas-from-running-dry.html
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 16:40:44)
Came across something interesting from 2 years ago: http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2012/12/07/lawsuit-against-mlb-and-nhl-asks-is-it-anti-competitive-to-divide-live-game-broadcasts-into-exclusive-territories/ The lawsuit is ongoing but it's difficult to find results: http://www.law360.com/cases/4f60c74f03e34c3ff1000001/articles http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/comcast-looks-block-sports-fans-611142
- Comment on Defenceman Lernout, forward Audette among Habs’ six draft picks (2014-06-29 09:53:51)
Quote by Telus: "In their continuous attempts to out-bid each other on the acquisition of sports content rights, Canada's sports services have overestimated the desire of Canadians to pay for their services," http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/pick-and-pay-cable-would-mean-changes-to-local-tv-funding-say-bell-rogers-1.2690800 I think this jives with the mood in here.
- Comment on Habs’ Bergevin beaten out for NHL’s GM of the Year Award (2014-06-25 12:17:47)
I suppose if you were to subscribe to Bell in Calgary and have a buddy in montreal register a machine for you and send you said machine...as long as you don't plug in the phone jack.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 16:10:40)
Haha. Apparently there is a lot of junk grabbing in soccer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO2keOKV5g0
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 11:10:59)
Exactly. I think they believe if you are not allowed to watch your preferred team that you will instead support the local team which we all know is baloney. The CFL used to think if they did not blackout games in the local market people would not go to the games. Now all the games are televised and people still go.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 10:54:46)
In the back of your mind do you ever feel the Dutch government will shut them down at any moment?
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 10:52:24)
As far as I'm concerned there should be no blackouts to any Canadian team. Who is responsible for these blackouts: - Sports stations? - Cable companies? - CRTC? - Local teams? - Advertising sponsors? - NHL? - The Illuminati? The only thing they understand is $. I just cancelled Sportsnet. Unfortunately that meant TSN as well and I love to watch the CFL. If enough people cancel their sports package maybe the people responsible will rethink their logic. Short term pain for long term gain. I know it will never happen but I do dream. I wonder if RDS calculated how many westerners would cancel their station before signing their regional deal. They indicated they were going to lose money on each game. TSN did not find it feasible to sign up for Habs English regional rights.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-23 14:09:41)
Limited NTC so maybe a trade in year 3. As long as he doesn't retire Habs are good.