Furk - (Furkhan Dandia)Member since April 22, 2011
Habs fan since: birth
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 14:56:17)
How come nobody asked about bringing back Ginette Reno for next year? Would have loved to see MB's reaction.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 14:49:33)
How did MB do the opposite? He praised Gio briefly for his leadership, but he quickly went on a tangent to name all the aforementioned players. If he actually wanted to highlight the need for Gionta, he would have spent the whole time gloating about him. To me if you read between the lines, MB was sending the message that they are not restricted when it comes to leadership, they have a lot of guys who have started to jump in to that type of role. Don't get me wrong...I respect Gionta and what he brings. I like him as a player, but I'm just speaking about what I conclude out of the presser today. I also think this is MB's chance to add more size.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 14:43:26)
I see your points and do tend to agree with you. May be he is worth more, and the rise in the salary cap may help him. I just don't think we should be paying him more than 3M$. We need the cap flexibility to sign PK, Eller, and guys like Gallaghar, Galchenyuk next year. If his only asset that sets him apart from most 3rd liners is leadership, I don't think that is good enough to demand more money.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 14:23:10)
I think Gio is good as gone. As Arpon Basu pointed out, when asked about Gio's leadership, MB quickly jumped to point out guys like Plecks, Gorges, PK, Price and Patches. This MB's chance to rid of a terrible Bob Gainey signing and replace Gio with a bigger forward that contributes the same on the 3rd line.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 14:15:07)
I agree. I can't believe how much people on this post are thinking of offering Gio. He can be easily replaced. I don't understand how people can inflate his value based on leadership. 2-3M$ is probably fair. He can't even break the 20 goal mark.
- Comment on GM Bergevin says Habs are a team that still needs to mature (with video and audio) (2014-06-02 13:58:22)
Why would he pay a 3rd liner smallish forward 5.5$ million dollars? At best Gionta deserves 2-2.5$ million/year at 2 years max. We would be doing Gio a favour by signing him, I don't think he would get many contract opportunities elsewhere besides NJD. No offence to Gio, but unfortunately he is not the player he used to be, and the NHL has evolved significantly.
- Comment on ‘You’ll see tonight,’ Therrien says of possible lineup changes for Habs (with audio and video) (2014-05-22 14:34:33)
Wouldn't it be awesome when Therrien says "You'll see tonight" and Carey Price jumps on to the ice, pulling a stunt like the WWE. That would sure throw the Rags off, and we might just win four straight. Doesn't hurt to live in a fantasy world.
- Comment on ‘Momentum can change quick,’ Habs coach Therrien says (2014-05-20 12:53:10)
I think the problem is Tokarski plays small too. He was aggressive at times, but his rebound control was poor. I'm not blaming the kid, but he's not ready for the big stage. There were times where he made the saves, but he made them look more difficult than they actually were, and there were times where he had no clue where the puck was. It's not looking good at this point. It's happened in the playoffs where goalies have come out of nowhere and stolen games, but I don't think we have anyone like that in the pipeline.
- Comment on ‘Momentum can change quick,’ Habs coach Therrien says (2014-05-20 12:34:20)
First.. On another note, I'm really hoping the Habs can turn it around. I'm thinking they'll stick with Tokarski. Even though Budaj has played well during the regular season, he doesn't seem to fare well when the team is counting on him under high pressure scenarios. This is looking like the collapse against the Senators in the first round last year.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Bring on the Rangers! (2014-05-16 11:50:29)
How do I get in on this? I would be very interested.