C-Sword - (Jimmy)Member since April 17, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Jaromir Jagr
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 61 – Desharnais wins insane game in Shootout (2014-02-27 22:18:49)
The RDS analysts are suggesting that MB trades Eller and let Briere center the 3rd line. I was one of the biggest supporters of Lars, I don't know if he's frustrated or lost confidence, but he shows no passion and seems disinterested, he's god awful.
- Comment on Price leaves Habs’ morning skate early; will miss at least two games (2014-02-26 12:55:59)
I bet that it was Eller who took the shot on Price as well. He did it once during the warmup of a game last year, I remember the commentators on RDS saying how pissed Price was.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 17:36:44)
Price did not make the difference, he did not have to, he just had to be there when needed, his most difficult game was against Latvia, it was probably hard for him to stay focused when the puck was always in the other zone, he could have lost focus and allowed a 2nd goal, the outcome of that game might have been different then, cause it would have been the first time the team would have played while trailing behind. He made saves look easy, because he was always calm and used his size to his advantage, he did not hesitate to freeze the puck to slow down the pace and mess with the rhythm of the opposing teams. At the end of the day, hockey is a team effort, everyone on the ice has to do their part, you don't win with goaltending alone. I liked how Team Canada was made of cup winners, there's always at least one canadian who stands out in every Stanley Cup winning team.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, gold-medal game: Canada 3, Sweden 0 (2014-02-23 09:10:42)
Did Canada give them a single odd man rush? I don't recall seeing any.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-21 20:32:00)
Teams were after Price, the Flyers were rumored to have offered Carter for Price, but the Habs said no. Why would teams be more interested in Price when it was Halak who played during that year's playoffs? Cause they knew he was the better goalie, bigger and had more potential. How much did you think Halak was really worth? People always say how great Halak was, but nobody seems to remember how terrible Valarmov and Fleury were.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, semifinal: Canada 1, U.S. 0 (2014-02-21 14:12:37)
I called in sick, was well worth it :) Price was great with his rebound controls, he looked so calm. I liked how team Canada was built around their defense.
- Comment on Non-Olympic Habs get back on the ice in Brossard (with video) (2014-02-19 19:51:09)
I'm a fan of the Kings, Quick is not unbeatable, he gets riled up and loses focus really easily. It's only too bad, this is not NHL hockey, they don't have a Gallagher standing in front of him the whole game.
- Comment on Price will start for Canada against Latvia; Subban a healthy scratch (2014-02-18 19:26:08)
Go Canada! Go Slovenia! Go Czech Republic! Go Finland!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 3: Canada 2, Finland 1, OT (2014-02-16 12:29:15)
I remember when people on this blog said that Subban was better than Doughty, that Doughtly was highly overrated.
- Comment on Habs send Beaulieu back to Hamilton for Olympic break (2014-02-10 12:25:17)
Carter has a heck of a shot, he's also one of the best at tying up games late in regulation.