Houston Habs Fan - (Greg Macdonald)Member since April 6, 2011
Habs fan since: 1971
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Yvon Cournoyer
- Comment on Sharks play party poopers for HIO Summit; Habs call up Leblanc (2013-10-27 22:47:05)
I haven't posted much in the past but want to thank Ian for the awesome summit. My wife, son and I had a wonderful time and it's now on our agenda to come every year. What a great group of people! It was a family trip for us so I wasn't able to make it out to Hurley's but we had a fun time anyway. Thanks again Ian and looking forward to next year. Greg (on behalf of Lisa and Duncan) Toronto
- Comment on Subban back on the ice (2013-01-30 14:59:55)
I'm in Toronto and have Bellfibe which I think is similar to Telus TV. I got the Winnipeg game last night but not the New Jersey game and I'm not sure why that is. Makes me think twice about getting Center Ice but I think with my system I have to get a French bundle to get RDS and I don't want to do that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Coyotes eliminate Hawks; Rangers stay alive (2012-04-23 22:29:40)
- Comment on Liveblog: Coyotes eliminate Hawks; Rangers stay alive (2012-04-23 22:24:58)
Yeah, if the Canadiens had drafted Doan they would have traded him for a bag of pucks after a couple of years.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rangers romp to 4-1 win over Canadiens (2012-03-30 20:55:23)
The whining, bitching and complaining on this forum is much more entertaining than the actual game. I've turned to Buffalo-Pittsburgh.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rangers romp to 4-1 win over Canadiens (2012-03-30 20:25:37)
Corey's worst decision wasn't firing Savard and Demers. It was firing them without having credible replacements. A lot of fans forget that Savard traded Leclair, Desjardins and Dionne for Recchi and a 3rd round draft pick. The Canadiens went into free fall after that and of course, the Legion of Doom was formed. If that trade hadn't been made I wonder if Patrick would ever have left the Canadiens.
- Comment on Liveblog: Rangers romp to 4-1 win over Canadiens (2012-03-30 18:40:28)
Not sure if this has been posted before but the next time time someone tells you they want McGuire to GM the Canadiens you should put them in a headlock and force them to read this article about Pierre's coaching regime in Hartford. He makes Mario look like Toe Blake. Here are a couple of highlights: "In 15 years of covering the NHL, we had never seen a coach so universally disrespected and disliked within his own organization." "In a blistering post-mortem, captain Pat Verbeek called McGuire's firing the best thing that could have happened to the Whalers. He said other teams mocked their coach. He said his own teammates had no respect for McGuire. He said a number of players wouldn't have wanted to play in Hartford anymore." Read the whole thing here: http://articles.courant.com/1994-05-21/sports/9405210429_1_pierre-mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens drop fifth in a row (2012-02-28 19:36:22)
Was wondering the same thing. Pretty much every number below 30 is retired why not his? I can't remember who was the last player to wear 25.
- Comment on Liveblog: Anyone expect that? (2012-01-25 22:11:01)
On the NBC postgame Pierre MacGuire interviewed Cole and asked him about the PK benching. Cole agreed with it, referred to PK's play as "selfish" and called it good coaching. Very interesting and honest.
- Comment on About last night … (2011-04-19 13:30:21)
Agree with you on the NESN broadcast. The hate that spewed out of Jack Edwards during Pouliot's fight with Ferrence was unbelievable. That guy needs some professional help. I watched the game with the sound off after that.