BriPro - (Brian P.)Member since March 31, 2011
South Shore, Montreal
Habs fan since: early 60s
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Yvan Cournoyer
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-23 08:18:47)
Good morning my friend. Lisa showed me the heartfelt tribute from Pittsburg in singing our anthem. As we watched and saw so many of our fine neighbours singing our anthem, we couldn't help but weep a little. Yours and many others' words of kindness will never go unnoticed. To Corp. Cirillo's family, especially to his 6-year old, our thoughts and prayers. To our American family, thank you for reminding us of all the good that exists in this world.
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-21 09:13:01)
Agree on all counts.
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-21 09:12:10)
Hey Cal. Long time no speak... No salt thanks. Bad for the kidneys. Eller and Jiri are generating chances. But I look at Bourque and reflect on how outstanding he was in the playoffs, and he frustrates me along the same lines as Kovalev. Agreed on the Isles. Much improved.
- Comment on Habs recall Bournival from Hamilton; battle for jobs on fourth line (with practice video) (2014-10-21 08:31:16)
Good morning all! I'm taking advantage of a rare morning off to offer a few comments / observations / rebuttals. Now that Bournival has been recalled, my smart money says Bourque sits. At least that's how it should be. We all know the old cliche of "there are players who get you to the playoffs, and those who get you through them". Perhaps if they shelved him until e playoffs, he'll help the team to the holy grail of hockey. And I think the comparisons of PK to Hedman are a wasted exercise. PK is a far more flamboyant D and fits the Habs market more than Hedman ever could. Yes, Hedman was ranked higher in the Norris Trophy category, but I think mostly because he's a more effective stay-at-home type of D. As for putting up more points, just remember how PK fared against Tampa and the Bruins in the playoffs. If there was a playoff Norris trophy, PK would have taken it, hands-down. Finally, a quick analysis on our team's very good start. 10 put of 12 points is indeed impressive, and we can certainly conclude that this is a very good team, but two mildly deflating observations.... If they don't start the game in the first period, IMO, this success will only last so long and... Yes they're doing very well in the standings, but then, so are the Islanders.
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 12:58:29)
Regardless. Imagine if Bob Cole (an inferior peer on so many levels) was turned away from the Bell Centre? Pathetic. You can't tell me that in an immense venue, they can't find a spot for a true ambassador of the sport. Pathetic! By the way, did I say that I think it's pathetic?
- Comment on Tokarski gets start in goal for Habs against Capitals; Moen replaces Weise on fourth line (2014-10-09 12:51:59)
Ever since the Consumers Glass closed down, the place has been on life support. I'm not surprised by this announcement. I've always loved their Lobster specials, (flown in the same day) and their T-bone and prime rib used to be the best. Not so much anymore. And I was told that the place has been sold for the land to a developer, but that money has yet to change hands. The end of another era.
- Comment on Pateryn among five players sent to Hamilton by Habs (2014-10-02 16:14:40)
Back in Dublin? I thought I saw you at the 'Berry! Don't forget.... a Guinness, or twelve, for me thanks!
- Comment on Pateryn among five players sent to Hamilton by Habs (2014-10-02 16:10:18)
.... a guy in the basement, bwoar? Sacrilegious!
- Comment on Pateryn among five players sent to Hamilton by Habs (2014-10-02 16:08:38)
Now I'm really confused. First, the screamer has been edited and my comments are all over the place, including now posting first on this thread (sorry Matty... I guess I bumped you). And then, I'm convinced that my wife is stalking me online. I post on here that I have an afternoon off, and all of a sudden, I get a text from my wife saying: "Since you have the afternoon off, maybe you can take care of ......(the list)". Coincidence? I think not! I can't even chat with my hockey peers.
- Comment on Pateryn among five players sent to Hamilton by Habs (2014-10-02 15:25:09)
Grammar, punctuation, caps lock.... You need to take an inventory. And I doubt I'm young enough to be your son, but I appreciate your appreciation for my youthfulness.