melski - (Mel Kalinski)Member since March 30, 2011
Habs fan since: 68-69 season
Favorite current player: Andrei Markov
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-01 10:59:20)
I was struck with this thought as I watched the game last night - the missing piece may have finally arrived. Big Jean has convinced the ghosts that it's time to take up residence in the New Forum and add their magic to the team.
- Comment on Former Habs coach Claude Ruel dies at age 76 (2015-02-09 12:34:10)
I remember meeting Claude Ruel in Baltimore. I guess that had to be a Clippers/Voyageurs game. He took the time to talk to me, never seeming distracted but genuinely interested. Condolences to his family.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a nailbiter (2015-01-27 18:15:05)
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-15 07:10:43)
bonus - Frank Mahovlich? (wore #10 for one game)
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 5 – Bruins win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-10 20:30:27)
we're finally seeing the Habs that we saw all season
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-08 10:27:18)
thanks, jf. here's hoping Philly comes in 8th
- Comment on Therapy day for Habs’ Markov, Emelin and Subban; Pacioretty named NHL’s third star (2014-04-08 10:19:45)
a question regarding playoff matchups: I was under the impression that there is only crossover if both wild card teams come from the same division. If 7 and 8 come from different divisions, it remains divisional play (1 vs 4, 2 vs 3). So if Detroit and Columbus are the wild cards, Detroit would play Boston and Columbus would play Pittsburgh. Correct?
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, quarterfinal: Canada 2, Latvia 1 (2014-02-19 12:49:01)
shades of Noel Price!
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, quarterfinal: Canada 2, Latvia 1 (2014-02-19 12:34:46)
Ozolinsh doing a Noel Price imitation
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 1: Canada 3, Norway 1 (2014-02-13 12:52:55)
Had occasion to watch most of US vs Slovakia and some of Russia vs Slovenia. What a difference watching games on the big ice; plenty of room for slick passing plays as opposed to dump-and chase. Would that the NHL would consider going to the larger surface.