Michael - (Michael Flynn)Member since March 25, 2011
Habs fan since: 1984
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Maurice Richard
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-19 17:14:44)
He was a VERY good sport about it.
- Comment on The Big Three reunited as Lapointe’s No. 5 headed for rafters (with video) (2014-06-19 17:09:24)
Funny story from last night. I was at a Toronto comedy club hanging out with some comedian friends & some guys I'd never met. I was wearing my Habs hat, when a gentleman that looked a bit like Thor advised me I was wearing the wrong hat. Me: Are you a Leafs fan? Thor: I used to be. Me: Well Leafs fans should be happy with our season, we didn't win the cup but we did take out Boston, right? Thor: Who else did you guys beat? Me: Tampa, but f*** them, we swept them. Comedian: Ask him what his name is Mike. Me: What's your name man? I'm Mike. Thor: My name's Michael Kostka. Me: Well I very much regret those disparaging remarks I just made.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-13 17:37:58)
Lol, why does Boone keep calling the advanced stats fans "weenies?" I mean, I know there's still a LOT of work to be done on those metrics, and the theories that sound keen often produce laughable results, but it seems like a useful endeavor to quantify athletic achievement, no? I think the advanced stats will prevail in the end.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-05-13 15:52:01)
Classy post, Chris. I agree wholeheartedly.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern Semifinal Game 5 – Bruins win 4-2, take series lead (2014-05-10 22:03:15)
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 4 – Bruins win 1-0 in OT, tie series (2014-05-09 00:01:44)
LOL, no seriously man! I mean, I'm not trolling, I love the Habs. This was simply a bad game of hockey in my opinion. Both teams played very poorly. The number of stoppages & turnovers seemed extraordinary to me. It just seemed like no one could get anything going for either side. Even during extended periods spent in the attacking zone (again, for both sides), it was mostly dump-ins & dig-outs with very little chance of offensive production. It was just bad hockey.
- Comment on Liveblog: Eastern semifinal Game 4 – Bruins win 1-0 in OT, tie series (2014-05-08 22:38:04)
Possibly the least entertaining game of hockey I've ever seen
- Comment on About last night …. (2014-05-07 03:38:02)
Can you please post the unabridged version?
- Comment on Hurry up & wait: Inching toward Habs-Bruins schedule (2014-04-30 01:00:36)
Read the thread dude
- Comment on Carey Price steals a point for Habs in shootout loss to Lightning (Video) (2013-11-15 16:42:53)
More interesting is the fact that this is not even close to being true. Montreal has 3 of 12 shortest players in the NHL. 68 inches Francis Bouillon, MTL Chris Conner, PIT Cory Conacher, OTT Martin St Louis, TBL Jordan Schroeder, VAN Cam Atkinson, CBJ Mark Arcobello, EDM 67 inches Stephen Gionta, NJD Mats Zuccarello, NYR Brian Gionta, MTL David Desharnais, MTL 65 inches Nathan Gerbe, CAR Not saying we're tall, but get the facts straight! Montreal does have 2 of the 5 shortest, but not even close to 8 of the 12 shortest. In fact, we only have 6 of the 28 shortest players in the league. Where did you hear that we had 8 of the top 12? NESN or something?