ffenliv - (Jeremy)Member since March 25, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Rangers, run record to 7-1 (2014-10-25 19:56:45)
That's twice this year Price has had to remove his mask while play was going to get the ref's attention regarding a loose strap. Seems to me that's pretty basic stuff. The official looked right at him.
- Comment on Carey Price will be back in goal for Habs against Rangers as Michel Therrien coaches his 600th game (2014-10-24 16:01:24)
The Oilers are proof that tanking (I'm not saying they did tank, but rather teams that might consider it) is no sure thing. Hall, Elbery, RNH, Yakupov, all these guys were 'franchise' players.
- Comment on Habs return to the ice after day off and a Halloween party (2014-10-24 12:09:37)
I think there are almost always reasons to think that a year may not be 'the year' to make a run at it. I think things in favour of it are: 1)All-world goalie 2)Plenty of young talent 3)Respectable veterans 4)Talented youngsters in the AHL that could be used as trade bait 5)Some good to very good people entering their primes, like Subban and Pacioretty. On the other hand, of those 4 things, only #3 will fade noticeably with each passing year, particularly with folks like Markov. So maybe there's a window of 2 or 3 years? Personally, I'd be inclined to take a run at it now, and make the best of that window.
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 14:00:48)
Conversely, if you want a lesson on how not to rush players in, see: Oilers, Edmonton.
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 14:00:05)
If you're interested, Datsyuk has 7g, 2a in 11 career games against Montreal.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win fifth of six, 3-2 over Colorado (2014-10-18 19:20:52)
Can you bench a player you signed to a deal like that for an entire period? I'm not saying he should be out of the lineup, but his decisions and play have pretty much been crap. If you saw a guy play like that through 10 games who was looking for a new deal, you'd offer him a spot in the AHL.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens win a wild one, 6-4 over Boston (2014-10-16 22:50:24)
I don't know what people expect. League and on-ice officials make hundreds of judgement calls in every game. This is no different. They do the best they can.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 21:49:35)
If someone had told me they'd head home 3-1 from a season-opening four-game road trip, I'd have taken it. However, if you'd told me they'd have to come from behind each time, Subban would look awful, Price would look human, and the last game was a really bad loss to a division rival, I'd have thought about it.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 21:15:14)
A terrible powerplay and a faltering penalty kill. A recipe for success if ever I saw one.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 21:09:34)
I can't believe Tampa let Anders Lindback go. I really liked that guy.