ffenliv - (Jeremy)Member since March 25, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 20:13:14)
Well, the Norris is such a strange trophy now. I don't know why the NHL won't pull the trigger on a second d-man award so they can split them into offense and defense trophies, or whatever designation you please. Point-getting defenseman can be fun to watch, but Karlsson getting a Norris and to a lesser extent, even our beloved PK, is kind of silly when you consider their respective defensive weaknesses.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 20:03:07)
Nice piece on Weber there. Amusing to wonder how many Norris or Hart trophy winners never got a shot because they weren't seen, or no one was willing to take a chance on them. I mean, that's the game and how it works, but there might have been 20 more Gretzkys out there!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens clip Wings 4-1, run win streak to six (2014-11-16 19:37:38)
Amazing how a little thing can spiral into such nonsense. They get a good offensive zone power play face off win. It takes a few funny hops out of the zone, and an entire minute of the power play disappears.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Brandon Prust is Habs’ tough big brother (2014-11-16 12:50:39)
I'm glad to see Calgary getting some wins, and some respect. They have a fairly likable bunch out there.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens run winning streak to five (2014-11-15 20:51:40)
If that nonsense no-goal call turns out to be the turning point, I'm going to make my impotent and useless rage known to the NHL via a strongly-worded email!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens run winning streak to five (2014-11-15 20:43:56)
He has a reputation and, for better or worse, that gets calls made in the NHL. The replay makes it look like a terrible call.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens run winning streak to five (2014-11-15 20:27:04)
I find the goal-song hate kind of amusing. Several years ago CBC did one of their better opening montages using that song, and so I associate it with that, and it's a happy association. I love it as a goal song. I appear to be squarely in the minority, and am possibly even alone over here. In other news, nice to see a working PP.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 21:41:35)
I think the important thing to consider here is how much he turned. From the one round of replays, I thought he was looking at his back the whole way, but the player twisted a bit at the last second and might have made it worse. I don't think this was a case where we can reasonably blame a guy for turning.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 21:38:02)
He might have turned his head, but he didn't significantly turn his torso. He might not have been coming in straight at the numbers, but he came in from behind the whole way. Amazingly lucky that wasn't called for more than 2 minutes.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end losing streak with Shootout win in Buffalo (2014-11-05 20:54:11)
I understand getting beat bad by a top-notch Chicago team while on a slide of your own. I don't get not scoring through half a game against the league's worst, 3rd in 4 nights or not.