UnkleGary - (Luke)Member since March 23, 2011
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Price
All-time favorite player: Muller
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 23:28:27)
Front you've been preaching that duo for a while. CH-eers!
- Comment on Habs, Bruins in battle for first place (2013-12-05 12:41:16)
It's really nice having these options for a lineup, one that can lean more on speed and scoring, and one that can lean more on hitting and toughness. Personally tonight I would go all out for toughness, I know that points are as valuable now as in April, but it would be nice to put it in the heads of the Bruins that there will be no rag dolling of any hab this year. And if there is you have to pay for it. As the season gets closer to the end, start dressing the best possible line up to win the game, worrying less and less about toughness. Fact is tonight can be viewed as a statement game, where more than the points matter. Parros, Prust, White and Moen would all be in tonight if it were up to me, a nice compliment to Murray, Emelin and Subban. I think Parros is the only player there that has to have really sheltered minutes, but I think Galley, Chucky and a few others will feel good seeing him on the bench. If this was a playoff game, then it would be very different, no way am I sitting Bournival, or Briere for that matter, Just my two cents on tonight. Just because it makes dollars doesn't mean it makes sense ;) CH-eers!
- Comment on Parros, Murray join Habs teammates for practice (2013-10-25 15:06:45)
Great story!! CH-eers!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 17:41:28)
good advice. '1st' for my real first first CH-eers!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 16:39:48)
well played! CH-eers!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 16:39:14)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 10 – Canadiens pluck Ducks 4-1, end short L streak (2013-10-24 16:39:00)
my first first! CH-eers!
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 16:04:58)
I find both play well but made rookie mistakes, which is to be expected. I would have Tinordi in, I think he fills a role we need more. Beaulieu seems to be a fantastic skater though, I'm excited to see him in a few years. CH-eers!
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 16:01:03)
I think the biggest question with DD is where he fits in on this team in the next few years, with Eller, Chucky and Pleks. He doesn't really fit in as a 4th line centre. I think DD is a good, one dimensional centre, but showed last night that when he competes he can be more than that, which I guess is a good problem to have, to many good centers. I think the French thing comes into play because of MBs two biggest, in my opinion, blunders are the DD and Briere contracts. I don't like the 4 years of DD, and feel like Briere was the wrong type of FA signing. I don't think it's a French thing, but I can definitely see how it might be seen as that. CH-eers!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-16 15:10:51)
I remember he was once criticizing PK, saying his yapping would get him hurt. He got high sticked behind the net, and Cherry showed the clip on Coaches corner. Cherry said he deserved it, like getting an accidental high stick to the face was justified. CH-eers!