mdp2011 - (MDP)Member since March 21, 2011
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Guy, Guy, Guy
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 13:09:07)
So when his daughters are in school from September to June, what the heck is he going to do all day? That is where the "go into idle mode and bake cookies and dust furniture all day” comes into play.
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-24 09:27:02)
This article on Eller pretty much sums up HIO. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/eller-always-a-polarizing-figure/
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 20:22:54)
Excellent post. Bang on.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 11:11:06)
Re: Eller. As Luke pointed out, these are numbers that have to be submitted for the arbitration hearing which are made public. This doesn't mean the Habs and Eller are not negotiating and are close to a deal.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 10:37:10)
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC 1m Eller (MON) requests $3.1M...Canadiens counter with $1.65M Yikes, that is a real low offer on the Habs part.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-23 09:19:27)
Morning Luke, I am not a big fan of front office leaks either, but it would be comforting to hear whispers that the Habs and Subban/Eller are close to a long term extension though.
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 12:53:28)
Actually, it is a pretty major announcement. They fired 2 top execs and hired an up and coming executive. That is the equivalent of the Habs firing Dudley and Larry Carriere, and hiring someone new to be assistant to MB. You don't think that would be major news?
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-22 10:17:48)
steve simmons @simmonssteve 1m Heads up: There's something brewing with the Maple Leafs today. Expect an announcement of significance sometime today.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-22 10:15:00)
Arbitration hearings are not as rosy as you make it sound, that is why teams try to avoid them as much as possible, and contracts are usually hammered out before the hearing. That is why there have only been 1 or 2 in the last 2-3 years. They tend to lead to irreparable damage between team and player. Also, in Subban's case, if it goes to arbitration, he becomes UFA in 2 years and he will be gone.
- Comment on Habs sign first-round draft pick Scherbak (2014-07-22 09:35:00)
So, anyone else worried that Eller and Subban's arbitration hearings are fast approaching and neither of them have signed yet or seem close to being signed? I know the Habs are really secretive when it comes to contract talks, but I am starting to get a little worried that we haven't heard a peep on either contract negotiation. This has the potential to get really ugly. The last thing the Habs need is for Eller and especially Subban to go through arbitration. Colorado is a in a similar boat with Ryan O'Reilly and he will likely walk away in 2 years when he becomes UFA, although Colorado have lots of depth at center and can actually use O'Reilly as a trade chip for a stud defenceman.