Webs - (Lawrence Nyveen)Member since March 20, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Semifinal Game 6 – Canadiens are alive! Beat Boston 4-0 to force game 7 (2014-05-12 21:12:05)
And that stretch pass for a goal is why we stat weenies prefer Beaulieu to Murray.
- Comment on Habs facing elimination in Game 6 (2014-05-12 21:11:06)
And that's why we advanced stat weenies prefer Beaulieu to Murray.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-05 00:58:18)
A month ago, Boone was insulting stat nerds and saying how much he liked Murray. Lately, he's down on Murray and he's started using Corsi and Fenwick to make his point about possession. Old dogs can learn new tricks!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 43 – Canadiens comeback earns a point, but they lose in OT (2014-01-04 19:05:42)
Fucale was brilliant at times today, merely good the rest of the time. He had trouble holding on to the puck but that didn't factor into the score. He played well enough to win, which is not what you can say about the rest of the team.
- Comment on Liveblog: Bruins at Canadiens (2013-02-06 19:37:48)
No Marchand? I guess the Bruins won't win by a nose.
- Comment on Liveblog: California split (2011-12-03 15:12:30)
At what point does insurance pay Markov's salary? At what point does his salary come off the salary cap to be applied to a new Canadien who will doubtless lead us to the cup?
- Comment on Liveblog: Three in a row! (2011-10-29 15:24:28)
They should call up Stan Chiant.
- Comment on About last night … (2011-10-27 01:43:55)
I don't understand this: "He and fellow geezer Jaroslav Spacek had the kind of ToI that befits their advanced years, and it paid off in getting quality minutes – Spatcho blocked five shots – when they were on." How can you expect that he would have blocked fewer shots if he played more after blocking the five he did block? I'm not arguing that the reduced minutes may be beneficial, but that this example makes no sense.
- Comment on They needed that (2011-03-20 19:06:52)
You can only get half of the box containing Boone's commentary with the mobile site. Is there any way to view the standard site?
- Comment on They needed that (2011-03-20 13:03:07)
You'd think they'd at least QA test the design. This is terrible.