Steven - (Steven Dakos)Member since March 20, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Brian Gionta
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-09 21:11:54)
Yeah, you caught be forgetting entirely about their broadcasts. Absolutely dreadful, though I still feel Jack Edwards takes the cake on the whole homer thing. Then again, I feel like announcers should only really have a reason to homer it up with their home team. Even though part of the RDS audience consists of Sens fans, I'm not sure there are enough to merit the announcer homering it up more than Pierre Houde(who doesn't homer it up at all as far as I'm concerned.)
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-09 20:56:53)
Watchning Sens vs Flyers on RDS. I wonder which team the announcer is rooting for... (For clarity for those who aren't watching: The guy's jumping out of his seat with an "ET LE BUT!!" every time the Sens score and he can barely be bothered to get the words out when the Flyers score.)
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-09 18:35:16)
Wow, Thrower's really lighting it up; he's at a point per game pace. Haven't heard a thing about him this year, so he's doing that fantastic work rather quietly. Also interesting is the production of Gregoire, Hudon and Reway. They all have quite a few points, but Reway has the most with the least games played. Very impressive.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-08 00:12:57)
Well, not from the media anyway, Habsolutely
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-07 23:46:57)
I understand that, and I'm sure in some it is racism, but I really feel like many who defend PK in this(So that last comment was not directed at you specifically so don't take it that way) like to say that it's a racism thing. I don't buy it. Like Elgin said below, if he were a Leaf we probably would hear nothing bad about the guy. It's probably just that he's a Hab, Richards shot his remarks, and the CBC and TSN ate it up. By that point it just spread like wildfire.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-07 23:17:08)
I think we need to stop calling the racism card so much. Anson Carter and Grant Fuhr were both good players(not as good as Subban, per se, but still) and no one hated on them. I really doubt it's racism. At worst, it's hating on a rising star that wears the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge, which is actually fairly reasonable considering the stations we're speaking of. What it probably really came from was Richards saying he's disrespectful which just kind of stuck, same way as people say Subban is poor defensively and it sticks or how people say Price isn't clutch in the playoffs(despite putting up good numbers there more than once) and that stuck. If it was a matter of racism, people would be all over Wayne Simmonds, too, and they're not.
- Comment on Habs, Bruins in battle for first place (2013-12-05 12:14:39)
I wouldn't. Although you always love a #1 center and having more than one is a good thing, you need some balance on your team, too. Galchenyuk in all likelihood will be a #1 sometime soon. Subban is an undisputed #1 defenceman and then we have Price in nets. You trade Subban(who is irreplaceable in his entire capacity) and you get two #1 centers(maybe 3, it depends on how you look at Eller) and a gap on defence. Not worth it, though I'd be all for getting MacKinnon by some other means.
- Comment on Four games in six nights for Habs (2013-12-01 22:48:29)
Gomez absolutely was. We just all forget because he stunk up the joint here.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 27: Canadiens skate to early lead, beat Leafs 4-2, move into third place (2013-11-30 18:41:12)
Does that make Subban our best tender?
- Comment on Habs’ Murray misses practice; Budaj will face Capitals (2013-11-28 22:08:48)
Points for effort.