Steven - (Steven Dakos)Member since March 20, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Brian Gionta
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-12 01:02:32)
Come on, Timo. You can't be serious... ...I highly doubt you, or any one of us, would walk out on the kind of money GMs make, even if we were lousy at it ;)
- Comment on Eller, Weaver, Allen take part in Habs’ practice (2014-12-15 19:04:48)
Situation matters, though. Of the 17 wins Manny had, how many were in the defensive zone? Now, ask the same question for DD. Good chance that Manny was put out when the Habs needed to clear their zone, and chances are that he won them and helped the Kings not set up at that particular point. You lose D-Zone draws, you get scored on. That's generally how it works. What happened beyond that is kind of irrelevant.
- Comment on Eller, Weaver, Allen take part in Habs’ practice (2014-12-15 16:58:27)
4 votes for Desharnais to lead the Habs in points? Did our favourite Ali-G fan vote four times? ;) (Seriously, though, I voted for Pacioretty. All four of those voters are infinitely braver than I am)
- Comment on ‘Our Dinner With Jean Béliveau’ (2014-12-14 12:28:31)
I'm a sucker for alliteration, so Venom and Vipers would be great. Vultures too, but less so. Also, technically, every one of those names besides Lynx has the same amount of syllables. Then again, they do ring better, can't deny that.
- Comment on ‘Our Dinner With Jean Béliveau’ (2014-12-13 22:29:08)
So, as if to make up for the (honestly negligible) 3-pointer between the Beans and Sens, Tampa and Detroit both drop games in regulation tonight. Gives our boys a chance to get back in the race for first with a good show on Tuesday
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens limp home from 1-3 road trip (2014-12-06 22:33:30)
I'd love to get Yandle on board, personally. He's a bit of a defensive liability, I've heard, but you put him on our powerplay and watch it go. ...Or, watch it not go then conclude without any doubt that it's a coaching issue.
- Comment on Habs’ road trip wraps up Saturday night in Dallas (2014-12-06 17:05:10)
Sheesh, beyond Benn, Spezza and Seguin, that's an ugly lineup. I'm glad our lineup doesn't look like that. If the team can muster up some energy tonight, it SHOULD be a victory. We'll see, though...
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 14:18:51)
Guaranteed. The commentators shared in my shock when they came back with the "good hockey goal" verdict. I had a hard time picking my jaw up off the floor, honestly.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 14:13:36)
My guess is a top-flight offensive player and a mid-to-late draft pick.
- Comment on Canadiens given day off after loss in Minnesota; Bournival sent to Hamilton Bulldogs (2014-12-04 14:12:27)
I think the griping isn't about how he's playing poorly as much as how he's playing a frustrating game to watch: He's really predictable and he doesn't seem to do much to change that. At the start of the season, he had one move in the offensive zone: Pass it to Pacioretty. Now, since his "I need to shoot more" talk, he has a second one that consists of holding the puck for too long looking for the perfect shot and getting stripped of it. Parenteau must feel like he's on an island every time DD gets the puck. As for the rest, fans here got spoiled by a really hot start. Most of the panic comes because of how clumped together the losses are, I think. If the team had the exact same record but got there with less long win streaks followed by long losing streaks(of which there really only is this one), I don't think anyone would be too up in arms. If the losses weren't as embarrassing to watch, that might help too. Either way, it's just the standard brand of overreaction that this site is famous for ;)