Steven - (Steven Dakos)Member since March 20, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Brian Gionta
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 23:54:28)
If Stan Bowman accepted that trade, he'd be clinically insane. (I would love it if he did, though)
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 23:08:27)
I think they'd do it now provided it makes them better. Hawks don't have much going on at center after Toews(he has more points than their 2nd at 3rd centers, Richards and Shaw, combined). Eller's having a(marginally) better season that Shaw is, so maybe they look at him and think he could help. ...Or one can hope.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 22:53:53)
I assume it would start with Eller or Emelin(since that's who MB wants to move. I bet CHI could make use of them anyway). It would get tricky once cap management came in, though. CHI wants to make more cap room, after all.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 22:52:57)
It's a deal you at least have to consider. The only thing is that Sharp is having a not fantastic year(10 goals) so you have to assume he could be had for less than Eller, Emelin and a pick. Also I THINK Eller and Emelin's combined cap is more than Sharp's 5.9. To get that deal done, we'd have to retain salary.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 22:26:40)
I've only heard that Sharp is a piece of interest(the rumour is from Eric Engel, for what that's worth). It would probably be Eller and a pick or prospect. I was thinking maybe that standard "Emelin and Eller for ____" offer we've been hearing for days around here, but no way CHI wants to be taking on salary.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 22:21:54)
Rumour has it MB is interested in Patrick Sharp. I think that could work. A guy who's a proven scorer and only has a contract till 2017. It could work.
- Comment on Devils vs. Canadiens preview (2015-02-07 15:08:29)
Only if we can find a capable starter at the same time. This team with Crosby and not Price is not as good as this team with Price and not Crosby. This team with Crosby and a legit #1, though...
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-12 01:02:32)
Come on, Timo. You can't be serious... ...I highly doubt you, or any one of us, would walk out on the kind of money GMs make, even if we were lousy at it ;)
- Comment on Eller, Weaver, Allen take part in Habs’ practice (2014-12-15 19:04:48)
Situation matters, though. Of the 17 wins Manny had, how many were in the defensive zone? Now, ask the same question for DD. Good chance that Manny was put out when the Habs needed to clear their zone, and chances are that he won them and helped the Kings not set up at that particular point. You lose D-Zone draws, you get scored on. That's generally how it works. What happened beyond that is kind of irrelevant.
- Comment on Eller, Weaver, Allen take part in Habs’ practice (2014-12-15 16:58:27)
4 votes for Desharnais to lead the Habs in points? Did our favourite Ali-G fan vote four times? ;) (Seriously, though, I voted for Pacioretty. All four of those voters are infinitely braver than I am)