Steven - (Steven Dakos)Member since March 20, 2011
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Brian Gionta
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Leaving Habs was ‘family decision’ for Brisebois (2014-07-23 19:38:50)
But, at the same time, DD, Price >>> Eller, Halak. That rests almost entirely on Price. As far as I'm concerned, the team would be no worse off with either of the two over the other. As it stands, one keeps the puck out of your net better, and the other puts it in the opponent's net better. The net result of losing one for the other would probably be negligible. (For the record, I think Eller has and will reach the potential of putting up about as many points as DD. He's just not there yet)
- Comment on Habs’ Desharnais shoots 88 at Royal Montreal (2014-07-22 20:50:40)
Surely mentioned before, but Toronto nabbed David Booth on a 1-year contract. I think that's a great move on their part. That team wasn't looking much better(in fact, it looked significantly worse) than they did last year. Taking a gamble on this guy for a year makes sense. It's at times like these that I'm happy to be a Habs fan. I'd hate to wish that our team took gambles just to fill out the roster.
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-19 13:57:18)
I think people would still misspell it even if there were a hundred of them. Too set in their spelling ways. The prime example of this is all the people on this site who still write "Sharpe" instead of "Sharp"
- Comment on Brisebois leaving job as Habs player development coach (2014-07-18 20:44:11)
I find Burrows an odd pick for that LW spot. He's indisputably Quebec's best LW, but considering that Toronto's team has Tavares at LW when he's a C, I'm pretty sure they could have put a Huberdeau or someone there instead.
- Comment on Eighth HI/O summit planned for Nov. 29th (2014-07-17 18:38:05)
Don't know, but EA Sports seems to think it'll be Pacioretty
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 16:05:43)
Even with that cap space, there's no way they can fit both Smith and Krug into it if they're being paid fairly
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 01:45:38)
I would NEVER keep Bourque off the roster over guys like Bournival and Sekac.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 20:47:42)
Love Subban, love Plekanec, but if that's the return, I probably pull the trigger on it immediately. Letang is roughly as good a point producer as PK, though lacking in some other areas, and Malkin is Malkin.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-13 18:56:11)
So, with the World Cup ending in the second half of ET on a pretty remarkable Gotze goal, I came upon this on Twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsdSO6aCUAA7EPx.jpg:large It blew my mind to see this, but, as it would turn out, this was just a clever trick by the account's owner: List every possibility as a private account, then delete the ones that didn't happen. When done, make the account public and look like some kind of whistleblower. Very clever.
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-11 20:50:20)
From what I've heard, he's still a FA