encore4 - (mickey michaux)Member since March 16, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Coach Therrien gives Habs players rest before playoffs (2014-04-09 13:08:58)
UCE, what is your take on the Canuck situation?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 68 – Frankie Boo wins a wild one (2014-03-15 22:11:36)
For the record: Number 55 scored the 5th and winning goal.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-06 11:51:48)
Would like to see Emelin moved to the left side. He just doesn't look comfortable on the right.
- Comment on Liveblog: Olympic Games, Game 2: Canada 6, Austria 0 (2014-02-14 13:42:48)
I believe that was Craig Simpson's suggestion.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 56 – Lost weekend for Canadiens (2014-02-02 16:05:27)
Gionta, scored earlier, hot hand. Briere, to win the face off. DD, to win the face off if Briere gets kicked out. Face off had to be won, with three players going to the net how much size do you need?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 4: Canadiens 4 – Edmonton 1 (2013-10-10 19:50:32)
How about the Gallery line, a work of art?
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Penguins (2013-04-17 22:55:57)
When you have a commentator who likens player's backchecking to watching monkeys trying to f a football, you're not going to attract the classiest of supporters. The disgrace is an extension of the standard set by the commentator.
- Comment on Liveblog: Sabres at Canadiens (2013-03-23 19:14:41)
Game 7 of the 2011 Eastern Conference quarter final. I seem to recall Halpern getting tossed from the face off due to a Plekanic false start who had lined up as a winger. Plekanic then took and lost the faceoff, Plekanic and Halpern consequenty got confused in their defensive zone coverage which led to the Horton (deflected) goal.
- Comment on Some takes on Canadiens 3-2 shootout win (2012-03-15 13:08:21)
I am surprised that very little was made of this gross injustice. Especially considering the time difference between the puck leaving Horton's stick and the hit. Also due to the fact that the league sought advice on the suspension from Brian Burke, even though that was once his job, he was fired by Vancouver which poses the question of "at arms length'. The vision of Max's head being run into a stanchion with the puck nowhere near was a hockey play and warranted no additional penalty yet Rome's hit was late and warranted four playoff games? There is no excuse for what the rioters did but I must agree this misapplication of justice contributed to the debacle. What is really disturbing though is that this third rate league doesn't recognize or admit it's errors.
- Comment on Video of the Year (2012-01-20 12:38:21)
I don't particularly like either team. Compare the time difference between the puck leaving Horton's stick and the puck leaving Miller's stick when hit by Lucic. Add into the equation that a goaltender would be less expectant of getting hit. Now, compare the discipline doled out. The Canucks were penalized because Sedin spoke out regarding the vindication of Chara on the Max Pacioretty hit. As soon as he and others questioned the NHL head office you knew there would be retribution. You have the audacity to question us, their immature "we'll show you mentality" was flagrantly exhibited. Now, would you prefer a league of class acts like the Sedins' or a league full of Marchands' and Lucics'? It appears that first rate teams are going to have an increasingly difficult time succeeding in a third rate league.