Welks - (Rick Welker)Member since March 10, 2011
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player: Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Beliveau
- Comment on Penguins vs. Canadiens preview (2015-01-10 12:19:14)
Per the AHL Rule book All Players must wear visors reguardless of age or experience. In the NHL CBA any player with less than 35 games played at the start of the 2013 season it was mandatory to wear a visor. Eventually everyone will be wearing one.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-05 07:26:49)
It has a bit of press here in Buffalo. But then again we are so close to Canada we are not a real true representation. And most of the these Junior squads would be able to beat the Sabres on most nights so that may make it a bit more of a draw for the local Sabre Fans.
- Comment on Liveblog: Bad bounce sinks Canadiens (2014-11-28 18:57:35)
Here at the game. A lot more habs jerseys than Sabres jersys.
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 11:18:45)
I would try to pair the D to try and reduce some of the hard minutes Markov plays to keep him more fresh. I would also see how much better Emelin can be on his natural side. Emelin PK Markov Gilbert Beaulieu Weaver Tinordi PP 1 Markov PK PP2 Beaulieu Gilbert
- Comment on Gionta, Gorges headed to Sabres; Habs sign Malhotra, Weaver and others (2014-07-03 11:14:49)
I think the key to the Eller, Bourque combination and why it worked with Weisse and Gionta. I think more effectively with Weisse is that they all work best with a similar style. The North South high tempo crash the net style is where they have a higer comfort level. With Chucky who is more creative and less north south those 3 players do not seem to mesh as well. When they put Prust with Eller production went down because he is too slow to play with him, more of a grind.
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 14:30:42)
I like Markov, but I cannot see giving him 3 yrs 6 mil. At 36 years old at time of signing I believe even if he retires before the end of the contract, the cap hit stays for length of the contract. He had a good year but I do not think he can continue at that pace for 3 more years. "Players who sign multi-year contracts when they are age 35 or older (calculated on June 30 of the season the contract begins) count toward the cap under all circumstances, regardless of where (or if) the player is playing."
- Comment on Habs will clear out lockers Saturday in Brossard (2014-05-31 11:25:00)
I would like to see Emelin get a shot playing on the left side with Subban. He does not look comfortable on the right.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 23:35:47)
I thought you were describing Georges until you said clear the crease.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 17:46:50)
I would go for that. They just need to break up the same failed combos.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 13:49:45)
In watching the game yesterday it seemed like a mess, and not sure exactly how to fix it. But the status quo is certainly not working. Eller looks to have 0 confidence and I think putting the EGG line back together and adding the pressure to score would not help his situation. He is still only 24 and is a inexpensive third line option. To try to mix things up and take some pressure to produce off of Eller, and Vanek likes to play left, Chucky played C/RW in Junior. I would give this a try: Pax, DD, Gally Vanek, Plex, Chucky Moen Eller Gionta (Shutdown line) Prust White Wiese