dbsanfte - (David Sanftenberg)Member since March 9, 2011
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player: PK Subban
All-time favorite player: Saku Koivu
- Comment on Surprise! Price starts vs. Toronto, Habs sign Swiss free-agent (2011-04-08 14:25:37)
Bury Gomez' salary in the minors and we could swing it.
- Comment on P.K. and Price and playoffs are nice (2011-04-05 22:37:02)
If tonight's team shows up to the playoffs, anything is possible
- Comment on Game 79: Habs solve Brodeur, Devils (2011-04-03 18:04:07)
Gotta clear something up, here. Carey Price didn't get an inch of that puck on the penalty shot, he was beat. But we got SUPER lucky and it hit the post, ricocheting back out and into Price's legs. A good pair of sequences by Gionta/Darche, another sniper shot by PK. Glad to see it. The team was playing at about 70%. NJ was tired from the night before, and couldn't quite catch us. That made most of the difference. Improving, but don't get too cocky.
- Comment on Biggest test of Gionta’s captaincy arrives (2011-04-01 12:50:39)
The organization missed an opportunity when it passed Cammalleri up for captain. The man wanted it and, I think, he deserved it. I wonder if the Gionta choice wasn't simply a statement by management as if to reply to all the smurf accusations, "we're proud of our tiny team!" Nothing against the man personally, as if it needed to be said.
- Comment on Game 77: Canadiens snap skid (2011-03-30 00:34:32)
Defence is back to normal. Offence is still limping along a bit, but the heart has returned. These guys need passing drills. That's what's gonna kill us. And Subban needs to take more point shots on the PP. Special teams was pretty lackluster.
- Comment on OK, this is officially BAD!! (2011-03-27 01:55:47)
Wow, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Absolutely, Cammaleri was in his prime during the Centennial game. The rotating captaincy gave everyone's egos some breathing room. I think he really wanted to be captain... and he would have made a better one than Gionta.