Michelob - (Paul Della Penna)Member since March 9, 2011
Habs fan since: 1955
Favorite current player: Brendan Gallagher
All-time favorite player: Henri Richard
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais scores in OT to beat Wings 2-1 (2014-10-21 20:55:06)
You've got to be impressed with the Wings. They won't let the Habs touch the puck. Maybe that first goal will wake them up.
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais scores in OT to beat Wings 2-1 (2014-10-21 20:27:12)
My impression is that the Habs were totally outclassed until the last 2 minutes or so. The Wings seemed to always have the puck, they moved out of their zone with ease and maintained possession for long stretches in the Canadiens end. Going the other way it was pretty anemic. The only reason the home team was still in it was the goaltending. Does this mean they will always be vulnerable this year to the skilled teams? It will be interesting to see how they come out in the second.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 6 – A long, fun ride is over (2014-05-29 22:52:19)
They got outhustled from beginning to end by a determined team. It's not like we haven't seen that before. Never mind: we had some sweet moments and we have lots of excitement to look forward to in future seasons. And Price will have all summer to heal. Congratulations to the Rangers and thank you to the Canadiens, too. When all is said and done, it's been fun.
- Comment on ‘This isn’t something that can’t be done,’ Habs’ Gionta says of a comeback (2014-05-26 19:04:21)
I guess I'm just too critical of this team and their coaches. What I have been seeing from the Rangers in this series is consistent effort. They play like they want to win. The Canadiens, on the other hand (and I didn't watch Game 2) are playing like they did most of the season: no passion, no intensity, no determination, no conviction. It isn't about hitting, it's about competing and making every play count. The Rangers seem to be playing like that. Am I just seeing things through turd-coloured glasses? Last night, my impression was that they only started to play like that in the second half of the third period. All you have to do is look at the way DD is playing and the way Gallagher is playing and compare to just about anyone else on the team who isn't a goalie. Are they tired? Are they bored? It's a constant mystery. I have no doubt that they are as talented as the Rangers, but it beats me how they are going to get it together mentally and emotionally to win the next three games. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 4 – St. Louis scores in OT, pushes Canadiens to the brink (2014-05-25 21:41:33)
I don't understand it. They are weak on face offs, rarely have the puck, often scrambling in their own end, they've been playing like this all year. But here they are with a chance to go even in the Conference Final.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 1 – Canadiens annihilated 7-2 by Rangers in series opener (2014-05-17 13:40:36)
No surprise with this game so far. St. Louis's mother is huge motivator. Bruins were afraid to lose, Rangers have nothing to lose, Habs are just emotionally drained. If they win this series, it will be an even bigger accomplishment than beating the Bruins.
- Comment on Rangers, Habs meet in playoffs for first time since 1996 (2014-05-16 16:10:49)
I get that the Rangers will be attending the funeral of Martin St-Louis's mother on Sunday. Not only is it the right thing to do, they are sure to ride the emotion into the next game. Good on them. But tell me, why wouldn't the Canadiens players also attend the funeral? Is Martin not a respected NHL hockeyeur, everywhere in the league, and especially here? Take a timeout from the hostilities, show some class.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 23 – Canadiens notch big road win, 3-2 in Washington (2013-11-22 21:44:21)
I often see the comment that the most dangerous lead in hockey is 2-0. But the original quote is from Bobby Clarke, who said the most dangerous lead in hockey is 3-0. And that's especially true when you take that lead in the 1st period. Hang on.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 16 – St. Louis wins in Shootout, Canadiens set shot-blocking record (2013-11-05 22:45:24)
Am I the only one who gets tired of watching the same inept passing and uninspired play in every game? Is it just me, or does the other team always seem to have the puck? Do they track time of possession in hockey?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 3: Calgary jinx continues, Flames win 3-2 (2013-10-09 22:24:55)
What a truly awful team. I missed the first two games and have watched a total of about 10 minutes of this one, but if this is representative of what we can expect this year, I won't be watching. The Flames look like they are out for a Sunday afternoon skate at their neighbourhood rink while their kids try to keep up. Pathetic. I don't care what the score is.