ross - (Ross)Member since February 29, 2008
Habs fan since: Conception
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Loved Kirk Muller as a young'n!
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 19:49:52)
Ah, just found it myself! Marshall Gillon & Les Sabler.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens routed to end road trip on sour note (2014-10-13 19:41:14)
I missed the name of those anthem singers, but loved their rendition of 'O Canada'! Anyone catch who they were in the introduction?
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 64: Markov scores in long Shootout to beat Ducks 4-3 (2014-03-06 01:12:35)
I think it's more complicated than that, though. On the two views (front and above) that RDS were showing, what I gathered was that the puck was flipped on its side when it touched down and *looked* (from the front view) that it had crossed the line. It looked that way because you could tell the moment the puck hit the ice, and in that moment there was white between the puck and the goal line. But the overhead angle showed that it never totally went over the line, so the puck must've been partly on its edge when it hit the ice; literally a matter of centimetres, if not millimetres, away from being a legit goal. But that white ice between puck and goal line... I can honestly see that throwing most anyone for a loop.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 20:32:06)
I think it was an extra 2 for unsportsmanlike after the play.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 49 – Leafs win 5-3, tighten playoff race (2014-01-18 23:22:43)
I know, and with all those big centremen willing to sign for peanuts during free agency, and the glut of big centremen being offered daily in exchange for AHL pluggers, what's the excuse for Marc so-called "Bergevin" anyway?!?!?!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 46 – Markov wins classic game in OT 2-1 (2014-01-11 21:02:41)
I would've assumed that the photo is from the last time the Hawks and Habs faced off, in 2011. Cole was still on the team then. edit: ahhh but the helmet does say 'Devils'. They could've fooled me into thinking it was a weird/older version of the Chicago jersey, if not for that.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 37 – Canadiens trounced in St. Louis (2013-12-19 23:21:07)
The best goal-scoring season Gionta ever had was with New Jersey alongside Gomez. The second and third best goal-scoring seasons in Gionta's NHL career were both with Montreal, in the 2010 (29g) and 2009 (28g) seasons. He's currently fifth on the team in points, and while he's only on pace for a sub-par 12 goals, that dip in production is no reason to label him as excess baggage.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-08 11:11:14)
I used to think similarly about Gionta, but no longer. At the end of the day, he gets the job done. His second and third best seasons (in terms of goals) were with the Canadiens, believe it or not, in the 09-10 and 10-11 seasons, right after he signed. In the 11-12 season, amidst a couple injuries (one of which ended his season) he was on pace for 21 (40 points) goals. In the lockout-shortened season, he was on pace for 24 (44 points). And even in this young 13-14 season, he's already on pace for 20 goals. His production may wane this year or next, but a perennial 20/25 goal-scorer is not something to sneeze at, especially when you consider that he's also been around the league long enough to be respected.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 13: Canadiens outshine Stars 2-1, even Bell Centre record at 4-4 (2013-10-29 20:43:45)
Screened, maybe? In the replay it looked like it didn't react until the puck was halfway to the net. Still, agreed: that's not a good one to give up.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 13: Canadiens outshine Stars 2-1, even Bell Centre record at 4-4 (2013-10-29 20:29:42)
Oh, Eller, brother - don't be like that with the fake face-grabbing... :( You're too good for that.