the_larry - (Andrew)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1987
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Steve Yzerman
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-02 18:53:19)
Only if you find watching someones leg break 90 degrees right in the middle of their shin bone, breaking both their fibula and tibia gruesome. Other than that, no its fine ;)
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-26 00:48:41)
According to TSN, barring a final-week miracle from the Leafs and/or Canucks, this will be the first time since 1973 only 1 Canadian team makes it into the playoffs. What a sad stat. Even though its the Habs making it in, Im not even proud of that stat. I love seeing 4 or 5 Canadian teams make it in and see who can go the furthest. Now with 7 Canadian teams and only 1 can make it in this year, some serious changes need to happen in these clubs! As a country that just won double Olympic golds, to have 6 of its 7 NHL cities not make the playoffs, is unacceptable.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-23 00:17:37)
Im not sure if Im late to this or not, but reading some of the disgusting comments aimed at James Reimers wife have actually succeeded in making me feel less happy about the win tonight. I know I shouldn't allow sick, disgusting people whom I have never met in my life, ruin my enjoyment, but man that is really really low. I sure hope there are no Habs fan's who would stoop to that level (I know there must be some, but..)
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 72 – Canadiens win a nailbiter on Plekanec goal (2014-03-22 21:12:16)
That goal was all on Weaver turning his back to Kadri. I don't know why defensemen get so focussed on the puck and forget about the forward!
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 72 – Canadiens win a nailbiter on Plekanec goal (2014-03-22 19:13:21)
"Mario Tremblay says Pleks has to produce more." Pleks has been one of about 3 Habs players that we can safely say has been absolutely crucial to the Habs success so far. I guess comments like that are why Tremblay had such a pathetic, embarrassing coaching career.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 18:48:58)
Are they really? I probably should have looked it up before making an assumption. How is Hamilton so bad? I guess I juts assumed the Bulldogs were a good team again, since the Habs have a pretty solid young core coming up. I have to admit, I really could care less about the AHL, so I didn't pay attention. My point still stands about the NHL experience for Tokarski! :p
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 18:37:40)
I like the Tokarski start. Give the kid some good NHL experience - beneficial for the long-term. We are playing Buffalo after all, its not like we're facing the Pen's offence and require a brick wall in net. This is a good game, and late in the season, to give Toke's some extra big-league experience for him to take back to Hamilton for their playoffs, and of course to add some more notches on his belt.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 18:15:26)
Then why the comment about it, if its no big deal? Why not just post it simply as "PK has a new website up - Give it a look!" rather than beating the dead horse (which has been dead for some time) by saying "I wonder how this will play in the room."
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 69 – Canadiens skunk Sabres, complete winning weekend (2014-03-16 17:58:25)
I dont understand, are players not allowed to have their own website? Mike Fisher has one, Marty Brodeur has one, Claude Giroux, Nicklas Backstrom, Brent Burns, and even Mika Zibanejad has his own website. I don't see why PK can't. Is this just because it falls under the label of "PK is doing something everyone else does, so let's make a bigger deal out of PK's way of doing it, and then over-scrutinize it until he feels bad for doing it"? Because I feel like that's what this is about.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 66 – Brutal road trip ends with shutout loss (2014-03-08 23:45:36)
So its going to be one of those years, where we make it into the playoffs by falling on our face at the end.