Scott in MontrealMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1978
Favorite current player: Markov
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 19 – Canadiens rally late but lose 2-1 in Shootout; Price makes 44 saves (2013-11-12 23:55:21)
One thing about this game: Brière at centre - on his first game back after an injury - was much better than Brière on a wing, and nobody missed Desharnais (least of all Mayor Corderre). Also, Murray made a case for himself, and looked like a meaner Hal Gill. Pacioretty needs to step it up. Bourque too.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 19 – Canadiens rally late but lose 2-1 in Shootout; Price makes 44 saves (2013-11-12 22:44:24)
The three shootout shooters all went glove-side. The only one who shoots left (Galchenyuk) went to his backhand... so that it was glove-side. *sighs* Left-shooting Eller, Pleks, Pacioretty, and Bourque all unused. Amazing game though, third period on. Price was a monster.
- Comment on Game on! Boone returns to HIO with live blog (2013-01-19 07:08:25)
Worth finding my log-in credentials for! A hearty welcome back, Mr. Boone. I'll never forget meeting you as a guest lecturer back at my Concordia J-school class (can't for the life of me remember which), but the year would've been 1988 or 89 and you were the long-standing radio & TV critic at the time, poring over BBM tea leaves and such. Very much looking forward to the return of your singular wit in this space, sir!
- Comment on Liveblog: Devils beat Flyers 4-1, even series (2012-05-02 06:37:21)
Bit of advice to Bergevin: at your first press conference, hand out an endless supply of cookies!
- Comment on Quick Hits (2011-03-09 00:19:55)
Timo, I don't think dubious means what you think it means.
- Comment on Canadiens acquire Sopel, Dawes from Thrashers (2011-02-24 14:50:55)
Someone just reminded me of another intangible benefit to Sopel on the Habs blue-line: he can handle the Flyers. Instant psychological barrier lifted for entire Habs D.
- Comment on Canadiens acquire Sopel, Dawes from Thrashers (2011-02-24 14:43:23)
I like this trade. It signals to the team the GM is happy with what he's got and sees potential for a lengthy playoff run. Sopel is a right-hand shot, and is finally the kind of guy we needed to take Gorges spot in the line-up. He is great in his own end, and has tons of valuable play-off experience. He and Gill on the PK should be a treat. This allows Hamr and Subban to catch their breath, and the Wiz and Weber have less pressure on them too. Dawes is insurance I guess.
Only down side is Maxwell is the featured player on my Habs calendar for the month of March (of course November it's Markov, and December it's Halak!)
...i guess this also means Spacek is out for the season.
- Comment on Quick hits (2010-12-23 22:50:41)
BG is still a presence, however I whole-heartedly agree about the second half of your comment. I think the team is all biting their tongue, waiting for Gauthier to make the obvious move necessary to shore up the D (as in: replace Markov so Hamr and Spatch can concentrate on mentoring Subban). Their is still something wrong with Cammalleri - maybe he wanted the captaincy more than anyone realized.
- Comment on The West is the test (2010-12-21 23:20:54)
- Comment on Quick hits (2010-12-10 22:40:29)
Good point, except that he looked a bit tired tonight. But since we lost, it would be best if Carey played. Back on the horse and all that.