habs99Member since February 27, 2008
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player: P.K. Subban
All-time favorite player: Wayne Gretzky
- Comment on Video from the last morning in Brossard (2012-04-09 15:19:18)
Price and Subban are the staples of this franchise. You dont like them, tough luck, start looking for another team. Only bandwagon habs fans still think Halak is a better goalie and we should have kept souray over markov. Price and Subban should get whatever it takes to get them secured for a long time. If you look at any team out there that has a chance to make the dance...they need a top goalie and a stellar D. Lock these two up and we have a fighting chance to be there again, soon. A Top 2 pick wouldnt hurt either! ;)
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 15:54:43)
This makes no sense at all. Nash will be losing suter and weber after this season and some others. They are going for it now. This predicts them to be a worse team next year and therefore the 2013 pick becomes higher. I am happy they didnt get a 2012 pick, 2013 will be 5-7 spots higher.
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 13:49:56)
Dude, relax...do you know that getting a 2nd and 5th was actually a steal?
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 13:46:34)
Exaclty and AK is a free agent in 2 months...I dont get it, I would be pissed if we gave up a 2nd rounder for a player that will be here for 2months?
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 13:44:54)
Ironic, everyone thinks it so high to give up a 2nd rounder (i.e Tanguay) but getting one is not good enough? AK is a UFA...no team is going to part a 1st rounder for a player that may walk away in 2 months. All this crap about he has no Centre, blah blah...if Cammy, Gionta were scoring for us in the 2 playoffs, run, why didnt he? They both had the same Centre at some point in time? Im sorry, AK has a lot of talent (see AK27 senior) but talent means squat if you cant be consistent. THis is a good deal. we got a 2nd rounder in 2013 from a team that is good now but will suck next year so that pick will be high.
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 13:27:35)
you forgot the following adjectives: floater, disinterested, inconsistent...and UFA in 2 months. If Vermette was traded for a second rounder, Gauthier got plenty for Kots. And...2013 pick is much better because this year Nashville is going for it, next year, suter, weber most likely gone...all they will have is KOTS brothers...i like our chances on that being a very high pick.
- Comment on Liveblog: Andrei Kostitsyn to Nashville is first trade of the day. (2012-02-27 11:11:20)
let's flip the situation around... would you give up a first round for a ONE-DIMENSIONAL 20 goal scoring floater? Not to mention he will be a UFA in a few months. cmon, yes we all cant stand Gauthier, but really this was more than a fair trade.
- Comment on Liveblog: GOMEZ!!! (2012-02-09 14:50:29)
- Comment on Liveblog: GOMEZ!!! (2012-02-09 14:49:12)
1. YES 2. YES 3. DATSYUK contract is up in 2014 and would be 35. Detroit is getting older, perhaps this offseason would be the time to get rid of him. Unfortunately it would take a package including Pleks or Cole to get him. The reason to get him would be to mentor Pleks and Eller. 4. You lost me at Tony, lol. If you can get an elite C, sure. 5. a) yes, lets see what we have for next year.
- Comment on Liveblog: GOMEZ!!! (2012-02-09 14:35:21)
Yes playing Darche and Leblanc does help! :) Thanks for the tip on the long post...LOL