lazman - (P Lazarus)Member since February 28, 2011
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 16:46:54)
or name a few, rather
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 16:45:42)
I would personally like to see both Tinordi and Beaulieu play, but they are both left D. Emelin and Markov take up two spots, leaving room for one of them. I am not one of the many who think Emelin should be moved - big mistake. We have all too often given up on D's in the past (Langway, Chelios, Desjardins, Robidas, Beauchamps, McDonagh to mane a few).
- Comment on Lines taking shape as Habs prepare to face Blackhawks (with video) (2014-09-30 16:34:57)
According to Wikipedia, Bouillon's mother is French Canadian, father's from Haiti. Moved to Quebec when he was three. But he retains his American citizenship. However, I don't think heritage is the issue in Bouillon's case though - it is a trust issue for the coach, who tends to develop his young players slowly (a bit excessively in the eyes of most fans I would say).
- Comment on Carolina last stop for Habs before Olympic break (2014-02-07 14:29:52)
FunkyCrabChairNF: I read your posts with interest. You had every reason to argue the quite ridiculous post from Habfan10912, but doing it in a calm and sensible way always gets you much further. Using denigrating words like a-hole gets you nowhere, especially on blogs like this where everyone can hide behind a computer screen. You'd be much better off arguing the points without getting inflammatory.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 23:14:29)
Agreed - major overhaul, starting with the coach.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 52 – Canadiens plumb new depths of suckitude in 5-0 loss, fall behind Leafs in standings (2014-01-25 23:06:19)
I have watched the Habs since 1968. The demise of this franchise has been something to behold. The issues: 1. Terrible management pre-Bergevin. Little by little, management had given away our assets and talent has been frittered away. The present team is a reflection of this in large part. 2. For the last 15-20 years, the focus has been on copying the NJ Devils trap system instead of playing Montreal Canadiens firewagon hockey. I keep hearing how we haven't had the horses for this style of hockey, and I say B.S. The best hockey is one with a strong forecheck, not this neutral zone crap. 3. Probably the most important aspect: There has been way too much emphasis on hiring coaches who are French Canadian. Talk about limiting yourself!!! Crazy is what it is. Maybe the Dallas Stars should just hire coaches from Texas?? Can anyone name the most successful coach in Habs history? Surely no one from Quebec would be against hiring the next Scotty Bowman. A continuation of the policy of hiring coaching retreads like Therrien, Martin, etc, will keep the franchise from improving. 4. I would continue to focus on building through the draft. Like others on this site, I would also definitely be focusing on selling the vets including, unfortunately, Markov. 5. The thing is, I like Bergevin - a lot. You can just tell, he is bright, articulate, knows the game. He has made a couple of doozy mistakes that I cannot explain (signing DD, Briere, to a lesser extent Murray); it seems that he signed them just to buy some time. There has been a push here and on other blogs to bring up Tinordi, Pateryn, etc, now. There is no doubt that Bergevin has been hesitant to do this, not wanting to make some of the same mistakes of his predecessors. He is in it for the long haul, nurturing his young players to learn and grow before they get to the big show, and this makes sense to me. But there is no doubt, that the present team looks lost. I think, unfortunately, that Bergevin thinks of Therrien as a place-holder until the younger crop of players arrive in 2-3 years. All I know is that it is hard to watch.
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 22:50:57)
Good to see you are still ready to provide input!! Always insightful.
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 21:56:24)
lol. Not even Loonie would do that!
- Comment on Drewiske out five to six months following shoulder surgery (2013-10-16 21:48:02)
While I am a regular reader here, I don't post often. Anybody know whatever happened to Loonie, aka Tom Nickle? He always provided some good, sometimes controversial, insight to this blog.
- Comment on Tinordi and Bournival to start season with Habs (video) (2013-09-27 16:49:08)
Heard about MB switching Tinordi's number from 42 to his father's number 24. This is the kind of thing that develops loyalty and admiration from all the players. Kudos to MB - solid guy.