shiramMember since July 2, 2010
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: Plekanec
All-time favorite player:
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 15:11:26)
It might not feel right, but it's within the rules, and the owners voted on it in the last CBA. And as I've said to Matty, it worked for teams before, where they were on the cusp of bankruptcy or a move, and those picks helped them get back afloat. That said we've also seen that tanking alone does not produce a winner.
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 15:02:01)
Well overall I would think most team would prefer making the playoffs and being a contender over having a better lottery chance, but at some point teams need to be turned around, and for those places like Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg and the small markets in the States, it's tough to do with only free agency. So giving them a bonus in the lottery helps parity there. the lottery helped Pittsburgh and Chicago to turn it around already, so there is some merit there. Or should they just always move teams around?
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 14:59:04)
I think parity trumps any idea of fair play in the eyes of the League. Calgary would still be near the bottom of the League anyways. It sucks I agree, but that's not the first time or thing that sucks as it relates to the NHL.
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 14:47:04)
The League prefers parity though, and the idea still remains that giving those "poor" team good draft picks helps them get better. It worked for Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 12:20:47)
I did not think he was that bad last night, there were a few chances on their line anyways. His line was not scored on. I did see Eller hold on to the puck too long at least once, but for the most part he seems to be using his wingers well.
- Comment on Canadiens send Beaulieu and Bournival down to Hamilton (2014-10-22 11:58:17)
I would not mind if the situation on D stays the same, maybe trade one of Pateryn/Nygren, but keeping them would be good too. At forwards it's more tricky, and I could definitely see a move made to accommodate a player. Bournival is a hard worker, but he might not have what it takes to be a top 9 player, tough to say.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 10:20:27)
It's the right call, his skate was in the blue paint, but Price just slightly leaned into him as well.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 10:19:45)
Could not agree more. Though I have to say, it was interesting to learn yesterday that Gallagher was the player with the most goalie interference last season. Still he does not hurt them like Kreider.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-10-22 10:05:14)
On Datsyuk goal that was disallowed, it seems it was explained. I'll just add that this is something Price has been known to do for some time now, he did it in the Tampa Bay series last spring too. If you can take advantage of a rule, why not? If it raises enough attention, the League will try to change it. Apart from that, another 2 points, but no domination, I wonder how long this will hold up.
- Comment on Weise back in lineup, Sekac out for Habs vs. Red Wings (2014-10-21 16:46:49)
But Cherry said no one would take Yakupov!