HigginsIsABeastMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: Birth
Favorite current player: Higgins
All-time favorite player: Teemu Selanne
- Comment on Game 48: Canadiens dominate Bruins – again (2008-01-23 20:56:05)
Thanks for posting that. That was so smooth. I know the rest is more important but I would have loved to see him at the skills competition. Whose filling in for Crosby BTW?
- Comment on Game 45: Habs beat Isles with better N.Y. effort (2008-01-15 09:04:50)
Marc Savard in for Heatley at the All Star Game. I'm amazed that Kovalev didn't make the roster! I know he's ranked lower in scoring than say Lecavelier or Alfredsson but he's played a very solid first half (+5 Plus Minus, amazing since most of his goals have been on the PP)and he certainly has the skill to be there. Oh and honestly, who'd want to see Scott Gomez, or Savard in the All Star game or skills over Kovalev!
- Comment on Game 39: Rangers claw back to win in OT (2007-12-31 00:04:59)
That was a tough one to lose tonight. Refs shouldn't call goals unless their %100 certain its in. A little biased with the Avery celebration. After all, if it does go in then they can always go back on the play.
- Comment on About last night … (2007-12-18 10:02:40)
The Caps are funny!
- Comment on Lapierre, O’Byrne recalled; Grabovski sent down (2007-12-05 23:06:19)
That's a good point about Perezhogin. I remember him playing some pretty solid hockey and there was always that incident in the AHL, which was terrible. He's in Russia now like Emelin.
- Comment on Lapierre, O’Byrne recalled; Grabovski sent down (2007-12-05 19:59:11)
Woah... way to shake it up. I bet a lot of people on this site are happy with these roster moves remembering the pre-season discussion. Let's hope this can generate a turnaround. Lapierre is definitely someone who can boost the energy of this team. He works hard and I got this mental picture of him closing down Crosby last year. It should also be interesting to see O'byrne in action. Hope he isn't a pylon.
- Comment on Game 27: Red Wings drop sagging Canadiens (2007-12-04 23:30:44)
Oh, and wasn't Esposito still available at the time? Wonder if he'll ever reach that potential.
- Comment on Lines for tomorrow (2007-12-03 22:11:11)
Scouting's better in Montreal, hands down.
- Comment on Lines for tomorrow (2007-12-03 22:08:21)
Good point, and I agree with your switches but although Bouillon's a beast for his size, I'd almost rather see Dandenault now that I come to think of it. Not that a huge part of his old team is still there. Oh, and it's funny cause I look at those lines and although Lafleur said the Habs have 4 4th lines, I'd say he's only half wrong. The Habs have 2 4th lines at best and 2 second lines (even strength) and their power play, which is actually their first line.
- Comment on Lines for tomorrow (2007-12-03 20:54:56)
I don't understand. If we have any hope of beating Detroit tomorrow, we need some offense to draw penalties if anything. Streit on the first line isn't going to draw calls. I say go for these lines with Latendresse on the first since has actually been scoring and Detroit would look to shut him down. In any case, we'll need special teams to come through to win. My picks: Higgins - Koivu - Latendresse Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev (Money line so far) Begin - Chipchura - Ryder Kostopoulos - Smolinski - Dandenault Markov - Komi Hammer - Streit Brisebois - Gorges