AndyF - (Andy Froncioni)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Steve Shutt
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 07:00:16)
hockeystreams.com has been everything I'd hoped it would be. I've had nothing but high-quality, reliable streams. In case that matters.
- Comment on Habs’ OT loss to Penguins infuriates Carey Price (2015-01-11 12:48:14)
Remind me, again... what exactly is the upside to Price appearing in the All-Star Game and only letting in, say, 3 goals in a period? What will this bring the Habs? When you consider that there are very few conditioning (or rest) days left in the season, the All-Star break becomes a very useful weapon for teams.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-11 08:35:21)
Pleky didn't break his stick on the faceoff, from what I could tell. He broke it on Letang and they skated past each other. It broke pretty high on the shaft, too. Probably just bad luck.
- Comment on Habs’ Gonchar fills big brother role for new defence partner Beaulieu (2014-12-28 21:18:03)
Sure, but good dog walkers charge $15-$20 per walk. The good ones handle "situations" that your dog might get into at the dog park ( like getting into a scrap, or getting hurt). I'm on my second husky now. They are seriously a lot of work, if you take care of them properly. But they've changed my own lifestyle for the better. Thankfully I have a room mate to help with business trips and other inevitable events. Can't imagine how I would cope otherwise.
- Comment on Habs’ Gonchar fills big brother role for new defence partner Beaulieu (2014-12-28 20:59:37)
I just beg you to consider the question of getting a dog with all the respect that it deserves. Once you made a choice, then stick with it. A dog will depend on you for your time, love, and consistency. Don't take the decision lightly -- you are deciding the fate of a thinking, loving, and loyal animal. Dogs change your life, most often for the better. Expect your life to change, and expect to make compromises in favour of the dog in other aspects of your life. Otherwise you will be subjecting the poor animal to the harsh conditions of a shelter, if you should regret your decision. If you're alone and have a 60-hr-a-week job, then the focus of the life of that dog will consist of waiting for you to come home. Please keep that in mind.
- Comment on Beaulieu gets a promotion as Therrien juggles Habs’ lineup (2014-12-28 10:46:06)
My advice: don't get a terrier. They're stubborn and loud. How about a lab-pit mix? http://www.buzzle.com/articles/pit-bull-lab-mix-personality-traits.html
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-22 09:52:18)
Yeah, except that the gist of the original question was: if he was so good in his first season, why did the Habs can him? And it is true that he did a very good coaching job. So how do we explain the firing, and subsequent league blacklisting?
- Comment on Habs’ Pacioretty growing into leadership role both on and off the ice (2014-12-22 08:22:41)
Yes, "we" do. But some of the HIOers want to see DNA analysis. Some say Carbo might have had a little indiscretion with one of his players' girlfriend. Here's a hint at it: http://2anneessavivre.blogspot.ca/2009/11/mathieu-dandenault-marie-chantal-toupin.html Some people get mad when I mention this, for reasons that I cannot imagine. It's pro hockey, folks. Lots of ugly stuff happens. If you have a better theory, then by all means choose that one, instead. But it would definitely appear Carbo did more than just play the wrong goalie because it certainly seems that he's now blacklisted from coaching.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-21 09:35:27)
This is just a perfect answer to the question, Ronn! It's easy to confuse "coincident" and "causal" when looking at stats. The truth is that there are a few recipes for winning the Cup, and they can be quite different. Fast and nimble vs tough and grinding... Let's hope the Habs' management can find a recipe that works with the ingredients that we have.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens end homestand with a win (2014-12-20 21:38:09)
Emelin's had a great game tonight. Hope others notice, too.