AndyF - (Andy Froncioni)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Steve Shutt
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 09:52:36)
Hockeystreams just worked for me, period. It had one issue on one evening, but it all got sorted out within 15 minutes. I've yet to determine whether the site is legal, though. That's the only issue I have, but might just be due to my own ignorance.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 08:40:41)
Right, but it didn't happen twice, to different biceps, did it?
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 07:37:39)
I asked a friend, who's an orthopaedic surgeon, and he says that it's pretty classic, even without PED use. Rupturing both is a sure sign that something's systemically wrong. Your tissues heal as a result of an equilibrium of the action of "blast" and "clast" cells. The clast cells destroy ageing tissue and hollow out bone. The blast cells come in and fix damaged connective tissue and fill in bone voids. That equilibrium can go "off", which is the basis for degenerative skeletal diseases. It's quite a complex ecosystem.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 07:27:20)
Have the Habs improved? Definitely! In terms of player development and cap use, we're way better off. Having veterans like Gionta, Briere, and Gorges giving their spots to the kids is an important step in getting better. With more ice time, Galchenyuk, Eller, Tinordi, and Beaulieu will mature much faster. I truly found particularly Gionta and Briere very flat last year. Gionta's double bicep rupture doesn't bode well for his future. Rupturing both is normally the sign of a chronic degenerative pathology. Briere just never got in gear. Even Gorges had some really bad moments on the ice last year. For almost $4M, I think we can do better.
- Comment on Subban wasn’t fazed by arbitration hearing with Habs (2014-08-06 20:20:09)
C'mon, forget all the team awards. Ray Bourque would have been nothing if the league hadn't generously brokered moving him to the strongest team on a perfect year. Look, on a Habs team that everyone admits was far inferior to Los Angeles', Subban put up 53 pts to Doughty's 37. If that doesn't tell a compelling story, then I don't know what you need for convincing.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 13:41:52)
I noticed that Subban didn't mention MT at all in his defense of the Habs' management.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-03 17:24:50)
Love this 24CH recap: http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=66&id=473408&lang=en
- Comment on Subban, Habs submit salary figures; Lacroix new assistant coach (2014-07-30 19:02:55)
- Comment on Best wishes from HIO to young Habs fan battling meningitis (2014-07-29 17:47:44)
Ian, where can we pledge money to help Alex and his Dad make it Montreal? Is there a HIO paypal account?
- Comment on Subban mum on contract talks during appearance at Canadian Open (2014-07-29 10:05:20)
This made me tear up a little. Thanks so much for posting! Wishing Alex a very speedy recovery.