AndyF - (Andy Froncioni)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Steve Shutt
- Comment on Rookie Sekac will be healthy scratch for Habs vs. Rangers (2014-10-25 15:00:08)
Have you seen any evidence that he is earning his salary yet, though? Especially when factoring in the opportunity cost of less ice for Sekac?
- Comment on Rookie Sekac will be healthy scratch for Habs vs. Rangers (2014-10-25 13:34:37)
Enough of Moen already! I don't see why we have to continue giving him minutes when we could be giving far more talented players ice time. Sheesh!
- Comment on Liveblog: Desharnais scores in OT to beat Wings 2-1 (2014-10-21 20:35:00)
Wow, these are 2 good teams! Enjoying the play!
- Comment on Habs’ Eller back at practice; Galchenyuk moves back to wing (2014-09-29 18:21:09)
I say that of the rookies, only Sekac makes it on. I don't think Moen makes the team, though.
- Comment on The Game Within the Game: stalking Habs’ Sorkin (2014-09-24 13:24:51)
Imagine how stupid you have to be to think that being fat during a bag-skate confers an advantage over someone who's in shape? No wonder l'Antichambre is such a dog's breakfast. Skaters who are in shape (but tapered) recover much faster than skaters who haven't trained for 3 months. The trick is to arrive at training camp in great shape, but tapered.
- Comment on Parenteau scores again in Habs scrimmage (2014-09-22 08:30:28)
Fully agreed! I watch my favorite cigar-smoking millionnaires every single NHL game they play. I wouldn't miss it for anything. Go, Habs, Go! But to watch them come and steal the show from hard-working Olympic athletes who earn $20,000/year or less and get 6 minutes of coverage every 4 years is heart-breaking. NHL, stay out of the Olympics! I don't need to see NHL hockey there. I want to see speed skaters, ski jumpers, and cross-country skiers representing their country for peanuts. Sports Canada, stop wasting the Olympic hockey budget on insuring NHL pros' careers.
- Comment on Familiar faces on Sportsnet’s NHL broadcast team (2014-08-29 14:36:14)
What illegal streams are you talking about? I used hockeystreams.com, but I haven't been able to tell whether it's an illegal stream. I'm curious, if anyone knows.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 09:52:36)
Hockeystreams just worked for me, period. It had one issue on one evening, but it all got sorted out within 15 minutes. I've yet to determine whether the site is legal, though. That's the only issue I have, but might just be due to my own ignorance.
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 08:40:41)
Right, but it didn't happen twice, to different biceps, did it?
- Comment on Stubbs is all wet (don’t say it) for ALS research (2014-08-25 07:37:39)
I asked a friend, who's an orthopaedic surgeon, and he says that it's pretty classic, even without PED use. Rupturing both is a sure sign that something's systemically wrong. Your tissues heal as a result of an equilibrium of the action of "blast" and "clast" cells. The clast cells destroy ageing tissue and hollow out bone. The blast cells come in and fix damaged connective tissue and fill in bone voids. That equilibrium can go "off", which is the basis for degenerative skeletal diseases. It's quite a complex ecosystem.