Habitall - (ML)Member since February 15, 2011
Habs fan since: Mid 70s
Favorite current player: Desharnais, Pacioretty, Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Lafleur, Naslund, Muller
- Comment on Habs’ division rivals not quiet (2012-07-06 14:27:15)
Love to have Powe on my team, for the toughness factor. Not a huge guy, but punches in above his weight. And he was a one-man wrecking ball against the Habs when with the Flyers a few years ago. Still prefer Malone, though.
- Comment on Habs’ division rivals not quiet (2012-07-06 13:07:38)
The above response shoulda been down here ...
- Comment on Habs’ division rivals not quiet (2012-07-06 13:06:41)
Habs need toughness and a left winger. Hmmm ... I see Ryan Malone put up 48 points in 68 games last year. Wonder if Tampa could be persuaded to make a deal. He may be a jackass, and who knows how the team would react to him in the room, but he's a 6'4" heavyweight who can play.
- Comment on Jagr to Dallas (2012-07-04 13:46:20)
Keep Ellis. I have a feeling he's going to be one of those quiet but valuable defensemen for years to come once he gets a start.
- Comment on Jagr to Dallas (2012-07-04 10:07:46)
It wouldn't kill Leblanc to have a little more seasoning in Hamilton, especially if he's not going to get decent minutes in Montreal. That little extra time Pacioretty had in the AHL did wonders for him. White and Eller are up to stay, though. All to say, keeping Gomez for a little while longer may serve as a stopgap measure. If nothing else.
- Comment on Jagr to Dallas (2012-07-04 09:53:51)
- Comment on Jagr to Dallas (2012-07-04 09:52:25)
Ah, Wikipedia. Why didn't I think of that. Okay then, what about Paul Mara lite -- I'm thinking of Mark Mitera. We're still too small on the back end. Bouillon may be tough as nails for his size, but he's not clearing the crease of guys 6-7 inches taller than he is. At most, they'll just regard him as a nuisance.
- Comment on Jagr to Dallas (2012-07-04 09:37:59)
Anyone know what ever happened to Paul Mara? Seemed to me his second stint with Montreal was pretty good, and he didn't look out of place in the playoffs against Boston. Guy is 6'4", a former first rounder, and he liked playing in Montreal (which is not uncommon for a lot of Bostononians, strangely enough). I bet he'd sign on with us for the league minimum, and could be a solid crease-clearing depth D-man.
- Comment on Contract updates on Subban, Price; camp audio (2012-06-29 16:07:46)
- Comment on Contract updates on Subban, Price; camp audio (2012-06-29 14:22:37)
Bourque sure looked good against the Habs when Calgary played us, I'm thinking especially of the outdoor game a few years back. He's the kind of guy who excels on a line with at least one other big guy who goes hard for the net, so as to capitalize on rebounds. In Montreal's case, I'd be interested to see him on a line with Cole, who goes harder and faster to the net than anyone. Plus, Cole may be a help in the attitude department. Thoughts?