Jimmy9Toes - (Jim Kostiuk)Member since February 5, 2011
Habs fan since: 1985
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: The Rocket
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 79 – Canadiens blow 3-0 lead, win another wild one (2014-04-05 22:11:05)
Gorges coming back in the nick of time. Same goes for Prust, Moen and Weise.
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-03 16:20:11)
Guys like Weaver are hit and miss when you pick them up. He was playing on a non playoff team and towards the end of his career. If he wasn't traded, he would have been looking for a 1 year contract in the summer and most likely had to settle for a 1 million contract and be a 7-8 d-man. Now that the league has seen what he brings day in day out, if the Habs don't resign him this summer he will get a better deal, in my opinion.
- Comment on Budaj to start for Habs vs. Sens; Beaulieu called up after Murray suspended 3 games (2014-04-03 14:26:07)
Bun E. Carlos
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan throws an elbow as Habs head to playoffs (2014-04-03 10:05:09)
Okay, wasn't really into the righty, lefty thing. I watched a bunch of his fights and he is the kind of player we need. I would take either one on the Habs, as I fear Larry's time is over this summer. Hopefully he isn't traded for a pick.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan throws an elbow as Habs head to playoffs (2014-04-03 09:53:20)
Someone posted on this thread about trading Eller to the Canucks for Kassian. Can't see the Canucks doing it straight up, have to be other players or picks involved. I would like to see Eller + our second for Matt Martin + the Isles second.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Nilan throws an elbow as Habs head to playoffs (2014-04-03 09:39:07)
Halfway down the thread, someone suggests trading Eller to the Canucks for Kassian, I don't think the Canucks would go for it straight up. I was thinking Eller and our second to the Isles for Matt Martin and the Isles second, which would be a pretty good pick.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-02 09:23:45)
So we lost last night, so what. It was one of 82 games. I remember the day of the Bruins game, almost everyone on here was like, great Budaj is playing, give the Bruins the 2 points. Why is Weaver playing, give the Bruins 2 points, and guess what, we won the game. So what if we were outplayed and took too many penalties. I only got to watch the first period and the officiating was brutal. Oh well, if Boone and a bunch of folks think we will play the same way in every game in the first round, then go and jump on the Leafs bandwagon, they won last night so there might not be much room to jump on. We will be fine in the playoffs. We will get our whole 4th line back and Gorges as well. Bourque and Eller will be watching from the press box, unless we have injuries.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-30 14:38:57)
Actually 7 years anywhere else, but 8 with the Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 76 – Canadiens top Panthers 4-1, W streak hits five (2014-03-29 22:44:46)
I would take him as a 5-6 dman as long as the Laffs pay lots of his remaining contract.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 76 – Canadiens top Panthers 4-1, W streak hits five (2014-03-29 22:32:13)
My thoughts - Carey looked good except for being on his knees on the last 5 goals. Man I hope they resign Vanek, his passing is as good as his goal scoring. Both of Max's goals were tap ins. The mayor should bow before DD. I would like the Habs to resign either Murray or Weaver, or both to 1 year contracts and bring in Tiny and Bealieu slowly. Danny B will light it up in the playoffs. Larry played okay in TP's absence.