huge_polar_bear - (Robert Solek)Member since February 3, 2008
Habs fan since: Born with a Habs jersey on...
Favorite current player: Lars Eller
All-time favorite player: Patrick Roy
- Comment on Habs trade Travis Moen to Dallas for Sergei Gonchar (2014-11-11 14:21:16)
Nice story out of Hamilton on this remembrance day. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ahls-bulldogs-to-honour-cpl-nathan-cirillo/
- Comment on Rene Bourque clears waivers, sent to Hamilton by Canadiens; Drayson Bowman called up (2014-11-11 08:14:35)
Very well said.
- Comment on Habs bring 2-0 record to Philadelphia to face Flyers on Saturday night (2014-10-10 14:06:41)
Thank you so much for sharing this!
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 09:52:03)
Agreed, training wheels for PK and Max. See who can handle it better, see who steps up and takes it.
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 09:50:17)
I really think this means one year for PK or Max to "prove" that they are comfortable in this leadership role. The Habs brass keeps talking about the young veterans and how they need to step up as leaders. So this let's them have a good long look.
- Comment on Habs will go with four alternate captains this season (2014-09-15 09:31:36)
I think this means that the next captain will be either Max or PK. Because if it ends up being Markov or Plekanec, then why wait an extra year to name the captain. This is probably to give the two young stars the opportunity to ease into the leadership role, with training wheels so to speak.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 12:28:51)
I imagine that you (and UCE below) are correct, the asking price was not met to pull the trigger on a trade involving Plekanec. I can also imagine how many people won't think about it any more and will just read the fact that the Habs wanted Plekanec out. He has plenty of qualities that would make him a good captain, I just find it odd that the author uses it as justification to make Plakanec an easy choice for the next captain. I just think that I have read better opinion pieces here by our contributors and we don't get paychecks for writing them.
- Comment on AUDIO: Former Habs captain Saku Koivu announces his retirement (2014-09-11 11:44:30)
I sometimes wonder about RDS and their reporting / opinions. So there is an article up now where Stephane Langdeau mentions that Plekanec would be an easy choice because the Habs could not trade him. That's a reason for choosing a captain? Excerpt and link below: Plekanec comme capitaine, c’est un choix facile parce que selon les rumeurs, le contrat de l’attaquant le mieux payé du Canadien aurait été offert aux autres formations de la Ligue sans qu’il n’y ait de preneurs. http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/que-doit-on-d%C3%A9coder-1.1342775
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 22:58:46)
Forgot to mention my package includes RDS, TVA, a bunch of Sportsnet channels ... All for around $80/month
- Comment on Habs ink three-year deal with Sportsnet for regional TV coverage (2014-09-02 22:49:06)
So if I am with Shaw satellite in the Ottawa region are the blackouts still possible, you can't stop the signal, right? Since it would be the same satellite as the one that feeds Montreal. This could also maybe work in the GTA. Last year I got the American commercials for the Super Bowl because that satellite also broadcasts to the US and the CRTC can't impose the Canadian commercials. Is this a viable alternative for people on this site?