RastamanMember since February 1, 2008
Habs fan since: birth pretty much
Favorite current player: Plekanec, Komisarek, Syd
All-time favorite player: Robinson, Gretzky, Mario
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:55:46)
Well he certainly doesn't have the worst GAA in the league, but what you're saying is absolutely correct otherwise. It makes no sense to me either. Halak must be banged up or something.
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:44:23)
We lost. But guess what. We've won way more with the #1 goalie in net this year than we have with the backup. The numbers speak for themselves. The #1 guy has a better won-loss record, a better GAA and a better SV %. He should be in the net until we clinch a playoff spot.
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:39:30)
Good point, but some guys have the makeup to handle those types of distractions. PK seems like the kind of guy who is so laser focused on being a quality NHLer and quality human being. I'm speculating obviously, but from what I've seen from him in interviews and on the ice he just seems like the type of guy who can handle it.
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:36:35)
Agreed. We need his skill and enthusiasm right now. Problem is who does he go in for? It's a shame that we couldn't move a dman at the deadline to free up some space for him.
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:34:03)
Halak being tired is really the only logical explanation. Otherwise it's the same old BS of forcefeeding the "franchise" goalie down our throats and hoping for the best. I sincerely hope it's the former.
- Comment on Price to start vs. Hurricanes’ Ward (2010-03-31 12:30:46)
Hmmm. Biggest game of the year and we're going with the backup goalie? Personally I don't like it. I'd be pretty pissed if I were Halak.
- Comment on Noise/Bruit: Youth movement pushes vets aside (2008-02-29 12:17:05)
LOL. This post will really look hilarious when Carbo wins coach of the year. My vote would go to either him or Julien at this point.
- Comment on Game 64: Canadiens romp over Thrashers (2008-02-27 17:25:22)
I did a bit of digging and noticed that the following guys were 2nd round picks for the habs over the last 10-15 years. If you scout and draft well, a 2nd round pick can definitely become an impact player: Mickey Ribs, Jose Theodore, Mathieu Garon, Guillaume Latendresse, PK Subban, Matt Carle, Ben Maxwell, Duncan Milroy to name a few. Now granted the verdict is still out on guys like Carle, Milroy, Maxwell and Subban, but there is a lot of potential there. There was no market for goalies...none. In fact I would call it a coup that Bob was able to land a 2nd rounder.
- Comment on Game 64: Canadiens romp over Thrashers (2008-02-27 16:22:50)
Couldn't agree more, but to be fair some of the credit for this rebuild should also go to Andre Savard who made some outstanding draft picks. Markov, Higgins, Ryder, Komi (I think), Plekanec amongst others.
- Comment on Game 64: Canadiens romp over Thrashers (2008-02-27 15:04:31)
That Ranger team is dangerous as well if they get on a roll.