songles - (Matthew Higgins)Member since January 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Steve Yzerman
- Comment on CTV’s Brian Wilde this week’s guest on HI/O Show (2013-12-12 12:32:52)
I like Plekanec for captain. It would be a nice way to honor a guy who is perennially underrated in the league. On many nights he's the best Hab and he's also our designated Crosby slayer, which in itself is enough to earn a captain nomination.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-06 08:12:34)
I think the primary reason the Bruins org isn't outraged at the Boychuck thing is because the hit had none of the initial, shocking horror of the Pacs hit. The hit didn't look all that gruesome when it was happening and then Boychuck got right onto his hands and knees. So I think everyone sees this as merely a freak injury from a hard play in the corner.
- Comment on Halak up next for Habs (2013-11-04 07:38:01)
If MB trades Subban, I quit.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 12:50:11)
Yeah I think Pleks' value is probably very high, but for the reasons you state I think he's still too important to the Habs to part with.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 12:47:53)
I don't see a reason to make a trade right now unless someone comes knocking. In an ideal world, we could trade Gorges to a team that needs his penalty killing and shot blocking expertise for an honest-to-goodness stay-at-home D-man, which, to my mind, the Habs don't really have right now.
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-05 09:10:33)
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-05 09:08:23)
- Comment on Brière agrees to two-year deal with Canadiens (2013-07-05 09:06:24)
- Comment on About this season … and next season … and the one after that … (2013-05-10 10:47:02)
Is anyone else a little depressed by just how pathetic the Habs collapse was? The Canadiens showed a serious lack of composure and class during this series, and I'm not sure who too blame. Coach? Captain? Subban? Teammates who aren't mature enough to deal effectively with Subban? Prust? All of the above probably. The team needs size and a good backup. DD has to go. Gionta should probably go. So long Ryder. And somewhere, this team needs to find some solid, mature leadership, because they clearly are prone to serious bouts of infantile emotional breakdowns. I'm sad. And I hope Ottawa wins the cup because they deserve it after having to play through that garbage.
- Comment on Desharnais gets four-year, $14-million deal (2013-03-15 11:49:44)
His D hasn't been as strong this year, but I think you'll see his +/- even out as the season wraps up. His line didn't have a good start to the year, but it looks like they'll finish strong.