songles - (Matthew Higgins)Member since January 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Steve Yzerman
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 17:04:28)
It was a pretty cheap rental though. No harm in test-driving Vanek as a Hab.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 13:23:09)
Guys. Girls. This team has lots of assets, but is in a development phase, so there will be no blockbuster, franchise defining trades. Just chill. Markov is needed until the D corps matures, and grabbing rentals right now makes no sense when a cup run is not realistically in the cards. Bergevin is shopping Eller and Bourque right now, but he's going to want so-called "hockey trades" that work with the team long-term. He's more likely to get those types of deals in the summer. In the meantime, why fault him for making a low-cost depth move or two?
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 09:41:32)
Turn that frown upside-down! By next this time next year Chucky should be maturing into more of a leadership role, and our D prospects will be on the rise. Habs will suddenly be in a position to wheel and deal. Patience!
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 08:42:09)
I like PK and I think he'll have a great career, but until his game becomes more consistent, I don't see how the Habs can afford to trade Markov. At the very least, Markov is useful in bringing up the other young D-men (none of whom project to be as good as Markov).
- Comment on Price to start for Habs against Wings and Emelin will be back in lineup (2014-01-23 15:30:51)
Can someone explain to me what happened to Subban-Markov being the best pairing in the NHL? I honestly have no idea what happened here. I've missed a bunch of games this year, so maybe I missed the exact point where it was decided that they would no longer function as an elite defensive pairing...?
- Comment on CTV’s Brian Wilde this week’s guest on HI/O Show (2013-12-12 12:32:52)
I like Plekanec for captain. It would be a nice way to honor a guy who is perennially underrated in the league. On many nights he's the best Hab and he's also our designated Crosby slayer, which in itself is enough to earn a captain nomination.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-06 08:12:34)
I think the primary reason the Bruins org isn't outraged at the Boychuck thing is because the hit had none of the initial, shocking horror of the Pacs hit. The hit didn't look all that gruesome when it was happening and then Boychuck got right onto his hands and knees. So I think everyone sees this as merely a freak injury from a hard play in the corner.
- Comment on Halak up next for Habs (2013-11-04 07:38:01)
If MB trades Subban, I quit.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 12:50:11)
Yeah I think Pleks' value is probably very high, but for the reasons you state I think he's still too important to the Habs to part with.
- Comment on Tinordi sent down to Hamilton, Pateryn called up (2013-10-23 12:47:53)
I don't see a reason to make a trade right now unless someone comes knocking. In an ideal world, we could trade Gorges to a team that needs his penalty killing and shot blocking expertise for an honest-to-goodness stay-at-home D-man, which, to my mind, the Habs don't really have right now.