songles - (Matthew Higgins)Member since January 18, 2011
Habs fan since: 1990
Favorite current player: Tomas Plekanec
All-time favorite player: Steve Yzerman
- Comment on Fans pack Bell Sports Complex to watch final scrimmage at development camp (2014-07-14 18:19:47)
If he's a generation player, then why not pay him $10M?
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 16:11:01)
I think the big question will be what happens to Patrick Sharp in 2015.
- Comment on Update: Habs development camp continues in Brossard (2014-07-09 16:03:59)
True, but the only reason Chicago might consider such a trade is because next year's draft is supposed to be historically deep; it's for that same reason that Bergevin, who is trying to stock the cupboards for the long-term, will be unlikely to trade a first round pick for 2015. (That said, Sharp is a 30 goal scorer with an affordable contract, so who knows...)
- Comment on Habs’ Subban already in gym training for next season; Gorges could be on way out (2014-06-30 10:07:00)
You think Subban would have accepted a long-term deal at $5 million per year? Subban took a short-term, short-changed deal knowing that it was in his best interest. He went out and won the Norris and became the most dynamic, money making franchise defenseman in the league. Bergevin has to pay the guy now, but he knew that going in. He got his "proof", and now he'll pay fair market price, and P.K. will be the face of this franchise for 10 years. In the meantime, we've got Pacioretty on the cheap, so in a sense it evens out anyway.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 13:51:11)
Yeah I suppose this year will be a sort of 'window' year for them before a minor retooling that may take a couple seasons.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 13:33:29)
How about... Plekanec and a 1st for Patrick Sharp? Fills Chicago's need for a #2 center without exacerbating their impending cap issues, and fills our need for a first line RW. It's just hard to imagine Chicago giving up their top scorer... Edit: Or does Sharp typically play LW?
- Comment on HI/O Show: ‘One of the wildest games I’ve ever seen’ (2014-05-28 17:34:16)
I guess this means the triumphant return of Raphael.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-20 00:07:17)
Gallagher hustles for sure, but he was completely shut-down on the rush about a zillion times tonight by their D. Many, many shots off the shin pads of NY rangers.
- Comment on Habs’ Price out for rest of Rangers series; Tokarski reported to start Game 2 (Video) (2014-05-19 13:54:34)
Players can also get hurt in NHL competition. Carey Price, for example, has been hurt twice in the NHL playoffs.
- Comment on Habs hold Sunday practice without Price after Game 1 loss to Rangers (2014-05-19 09:52:19)
This contradicts the hints that Dreger and the boys were dropping from their sources on TSN.