chinahab - (Ian Johnson)Member since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player: Markov
All-time favorite player: Brian Skrudland
- Comment on Tinordi in lineup, Weber out for Jets game (2013-04-25 02:55:44)
- Comment on Price will get start against Flyers (2013-04-15 02:04:37)
He's 25/26. That's not that young. If he were playing the way he's being paid to play (as an elite goalie), the Habs could be leading the conference. Right now he's too inconsistent.
- Comment on About last night … (updated after Sunday afternoon game) (2013-03-17 09:29:20)
I don't know what the final hit total was but I think we were massively outhit at least in the first two periods. It's great to be able to take hits and keep coming but it'll be much tougher to count on that in the playoffs. Then we won't get all the PP time and will have to grind it out.
- Comment on About last night … (updated after Sunday afternoon game) (2013-03-17 09:24:11)
We are missing some players but of them, only Prust is a proven hitter. Bourque can be, when his head is screwed on straight (like 50% of the time) but Diaz is not a hitter and Ryder is soft.
- Comment on About last night … (updated after Sunday afternoon game) (2013-03-17 08:59:47)
Nice win but does anyone else feel that we're playing with fire--that we need to hit more and play bigger. We got outmuscled by a Jersey team and just scraped out a win. It was nice, don't get me wrong, especially on the road, but this isn't the Devils of yore. I feel that the Habs are likely to prove to be a typical regular season dynamo. But once the games get tighter and the whistles are put away (i. e. playoff hockey), I just can't see this team going far. Maybe I'm greedy and should be happy that we're even on course for the playoffs. But I just wish we'd have drafted more Tinordi-type big bodies. A few small guys are okay but we've got way too many.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Rangers (2013-02-19 19:22:26)
I don't think Boone is right in saying that Sather goes and "buys" his team a star. Rangers spend up to cap limit; but so do Habs and many other teams. It's a question of good GMing, which allows you to have enough strong young cheap players to afford a star. It's also a question of philosophy. The Rangers have a lot of money tied up in their three big guns and not a lot of talent in the forwards ranks after that. Also, you have to sign the right stars: paying $6m to Cammalleri, $5m to Gionta and of course $7 to Gomez was stupid. But enough of the past....
- Comment on Liveblog: Flyers at Canadiens (2013-02-16 21:53:58)
Couldn't agree more. Philly stinks this year. Only a measuring stick if we'd have lost a should-win game.
- Comment on Liveblog: Flyers at Canadiens (2013-02-16 21:52:33)
Nice win, but Habs made it too hard on themselves. Philly should have been put away in the 2nd. Need to clean up those lazy penalties and have more of a killer instinct.
- Comment on Therrien puts end to Subban-Price post-game celebration (2013-02-01 17:15:43)
Personally I think it's great. It was always embarrassing to have them do this retro Blues Brothers gimme-five schtick. It was getting old anyway and made it seem like they had a special clique going on. I'm glad Therrien just stated it flat out that it's gone. For those who say he shouldn't have said it publicly, consdier this: the first game after they didn't do it, the media would ask Subban and Price and then there'd be all these stories and distractions. Therrien gets it out of the way now before a game. It's history. Smart.
- Comment on Canadiens drop opener 2-1 (2013-01-20 00:30:02)
Rust and cobwebs are there for everyone.