Habitoban - (Marty S.)Member since December 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1956
Favorite current player: all
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 22:43:30)
Probably been said, but Beaulieu has talked about the big change in his play being how the game has slowed down for him. The criticisms of Tinordi are that he often makes a poor first pass and also makes some poor decisions. These mistakes are a function of him rushing because the game is coming at him too fast. If Beaulieu is any indication, the game will slow down for Tinordi as well and his play will improve as a consequence.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Red Wings preview: Gilbert will take Gonchar’s spot for Habs (2015-02-15 21:56:46)
Most folks want our team to pick up a physical D-man and a RW who can score. I want that, but I also want our team to stand still during the national anthem(s). I don't know why players feel it is OK to hop up and down and /or rock during the anthems. It isn't. Interestingly our european players exhibit more respectful decorum during the anthems than our canadian players. A desire to stay loose is no excuse, since all but 6 players head to the bench after the anthems. A character team should show respect during the anthems. MB, make it so.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens post winning weekend (2015-02-08 23:31:32)
Feeling a bit sad. I think the rivalry may be dead or dying. But wait, are the Rangers the new Bruins?
- Comment on Tough schedule ahead for the Canadiens (2015-02-04 19:40:13)
12:34 of ice time is pretty good vote of confidence, especially given DLR's rough early start. Good on MT. And good on DLR who showed pretty well in the second and third period for a 19 year old in his first NHL game. He is going to be a good one.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-02-04 10:03:04)
Shaky start for DLR. Good on MT to keep playing him. It seemed to me that by the 3rd period he stopped over-thinking and his game started to improve markedly. He is going to be a good one. As for Thomas, he played well, but I'm not sure that we have room for a second Gallagher.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 11:02:37)
I enjoy him as well. I maybe projecting, but seems to me that anything positive about the Habs is offered grudgingly.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 10:47:19)
I learned two things from watching the '93 Stanley Cup final last night for fun: (1) N8 shares #28 with Eric Desjardins (good choice Nate) and (2) why Kelly Hrudey hates all things Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 22:24:22)
The play-by-play guys spent a lot of time trying to pump Subban's tires for their Karlsson vs. Subban narative, but boy did #76 have yet another dud of a game. I don't know what his problem is. Maybe too much focus on Subban Inc. and not enough on Subban D., but he has got to turn his game around. And while I'm at it, Parenteau is a boat anchor on every line he's on. Happy to have Thomas and/or Ghetto back in and PAP and MM sitting.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-08 13:19:16)
O.K. I guess I just let my frustration with P.K.'s play get the better of me. I'll just learn from these posts and move on.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-08 13:09:44)
Was curious about how others took P.K.'s comments. The quotes are pretty much the standard bromides, but P.K. seemed to brush the penalty off as opposed to the "this loss is on me" response that he used to give. Doesn't matter much though since both players will continue to take silly penalties.