Habitoban - (Marty S.)Member since December 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1956
Favorite current player: all
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Bring on the Sabres (2014-03-25 14:05:08)
Thanks all. LaGriffe was the feed I used through Habsonline, which was locked out. I'll try again and also see JL posts a good link at game time.
- Comment on Bring on the Sabres (2014-03-25 13:00:24)
Habsonline was a great live RDS feed for me. But last time I tried, the site was down/frozen out. Anyone one out there know if it has popped up again under another address, or if there is another good RDS free feed available. Thanks.
- Comment on Price in goal for Habs as Roy returns to Bell Centre with Avalanche (2014-03-18 13:56:03)
I'm wondering why when White would fight in the past he would sit the next game, but when Prust fights every game (usually for no good reason) it's White who sits. White may be wondering that too.
- Comment on Price takes part in full practice, but still listed as day-to-day (with video) (2014-03-14 12:54:46)
White over Prust on the 4th line? Don't get it. Frankly I've lost patience with Prust and his need to have an fight every game, regardless of the context. White, Weisse and Moen look like a much faster, tougher, and more disciplned trio to me.
- Comment on Habs get day off after loss to Bruins (2014-03-13 13:26:42)
Vanek made a few blind passes last night assuming that there would be someone there. Well, on an offensive team I suspect that there would have been, but welcome to Montreal , where the ghost of the Count still walks the dressing room halls. With a few exceptions, our forwards seem to have no offensive IQ, not even on the PP. I’m always amazed how our PP players rarely get into a position somehere on the open side of the net for the cross ice pass and one-timer. Players like Crosby live there. Cammy lived there. No it’s perimeter cycle and back to the point. Hard to watch.. and then there is the shooting....
- Comment on Habs’ Price won’t be ready to face Bruins (Video) (2014-03-11 13:41:30)
Agree. But you could argue that a "team player" does whatever managment tells him to do, including cooling your blades on the 4th line along with the other 4th liners. But that all aside, I never got why Beaulieu was sent back down.
- Comment on Habs’ Price won’t be ready to face Bruins (Video) (2014-03-11 13:16:11)
Re: Beaulieu's "bad attitude." I remember a few years back Patches said that he had no interest in coming up to the big club to play limited 4th line minutes when he could be advancing his career by tearing up the AHL. People we're surprised, but mostly impressed for sticking up for himself.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-06 10:23:44)
Seems to me that, unlike life under the Count, this team doesn’t wilt in the 3rd period on tough road trips or after back-to-back games. Somebody deserves some credit for their improved conditioning or improved motivation, or both. Or, maybe I’m seeing the world through Vanek-coloured glasses.
- Comment on Audio: Habs make late deal to get Vanek from Islanders; Tokarski to start against Ducks (2014-03-05 19:57:40)
Well Vanek may not take us to the Promised Land. But getting close enough to gaze across the Jordan would be fine with me.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-03-04 10:21:12)
The ugliness on this site drives me crazy most days, but then a great post like this brings a smile to my face. After all, hockey isn't about firing the coach or how useless a given player is. Hockey is about a kid with stickers on his helmet. Thanks