Habitoban - (Marty S.)Member since December 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1956
Favorite current player: all
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 11:02:37)
I enjoy him as well. I maybe projecting, but seems to me that anything positive about the Habs is offered grudgingly.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: Beaulieu provides a breath of fresh air on Habs’ blue line (2015-01-19 10:47:19)
I learned two things from watching the '93 Stanley Cup final last night for fun: (1) N8 shares #28 with Eric Desjardins (good choice Nate) and (2) why Kelly Hrudey hates all things Habs.
- Comment on Liveblog: The road W streak ends ugly (2015-01-15 22:24:22)
The play-by-play guys spent a lot of time trying to pump Subban's tires for their Karlsson vs. Subban narative, but boy did #76 have yet another dud of a game. I don't know what his problem is. Maybe too much focus on Subban Inc. and not enough on Subban D., but he has got to turn his game around. And while I'm at it, Parenteau is a boat anchor on every line he's on. Happy to have Thomas and/or Ghetto back in and PAP and MM sitting.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-08 13:19:16)
O.K. I guess I just let my frustration with P.K.'s play get the better of me. I'll just learn from these posts and move on.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-08 13:09:44)
Was curious about how others took P.K.'s comments. The quotes are pretty much the standard bromides, but P.K. seemed to brush the penalty off as opposed to the "this loss is on me" response that he used to give. Doesn't matter much though since both players will continue to take silly penalties.
- Comment on Game Within the Game: The Carey Price ethos (2015-01-08 12:41:54)
Compare "accountability" responses this week from two guys known for taking bad penalties: Benoit Pouliot: “Mostly, I feel bad for the guys because we played hard, battled back, then I go do something so effing stupid like that. It’s unacceptable.” P.K. Subban: "We’ve got to be more disciplined. It starts there.... I’d love to have it back. I let my frustration get the best of me. Sometimes, that’s what happens when your emotions get the best of you. You learn and move on from there.”
- Comment on About last night … (2015-01-04 13:21:38)
So we have our strongest forechecking game with our weakest forechecker (Parenteau) in the pressbox. Hmmm.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Penguins preview (2015-01-03 10:41:03)
A thought on Weisse. He reminds me of a larger version of Jimmy Roberts from the 70s.... fast, tough, relentless, strong checker, willing to drop the gloves (often without success), unexpected offensive pop, can play up and down the line up. When Bobby Clarke was asked why the Flyers lost to the Habs in the playoffs, he apparently said something like "Because Roberts has Riseborough, Gainey and Jarvis playing as crazy as he does."
- Comment on Habs’ Subban misses practice as he battles the flu (2014-12-11 16:54:44)
I thought we we dumping on players in alphabetical order. We did "B", with Bourque and Bournival, followed by "D" with Desharnais, so next up is supposed to be Eller, not Malhotra.
- Comment on Liveblog: Wild beat listless Canadiens 2-1 (2014-12-03 21:54:55)
Jacques Martin lives!!