Habitoban - (Marty S.)Member since December 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1956
Favorite current player: all
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Dinner with Max: An enlightening look at Habs sniper Pacioretty, on the ice and off (2015-03-27 17:34:52)
It's pretty standard stuff to move opposition players out of the blue paint once the play is finished leaving the goalie to stay between the pipes. Not so in our end. The opposition stands around like they are at a cocktail party while our guys look like they are about to start serving canapes. Meanwhile, #31 often has to skate out of his goal. Doesn't send much of a message about defending your goalie.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-16 23:27:54)
Funny how some players show more in the NHL than in the AHL. Cases in point: Pateryn and DLR. Good on the coaching staff for recognizing these two.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens take the broom to Islanders (2015-03-14 21:56:47)
Great win. Just caught the 3rd. Observations: (1) Galchenyuk sees plays that no one else does, lately that seems to be because they aren't there. (2) Pateryn clears the net... so nice to see that for a change.
- Comment on About last night … (2015-03-13 02:37:54)
My biggest fear after the Tampa Bay game is that the Room is losing Price.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens blow lead, torched by Sens (2015-03-12 22:31:36)
Caught the third period. Looks like "first half season" Subban is back, which isn't good.
- Comment on About last night … (west coast insomnia, Eller? Eller! ELLER!!! edition) (2015-03-06 08:53:56)
Special commendation for Weise, who set the tone for the comeback with an aggressive and physical forecheck and some very effective puck control down low, where the Kings showed themselves surprisingly vulnerable.
- Comment on About last night … (POed, sleep-deprived, late-night west-coast edition. (2015-03-05 08:04:15)
Surely the coaching staff must know that a 5'4" forward in front of a 6'4" goalie does not provide a visual screen on the PP. Contrary to ALN, I thought that DLR played fine and that the 19 year old should offer to provide some of the veterans on the team with a seminar on how to finish a check effectively.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Ducks preview: Parenteau, Malhotra healthy scratches (2015-03-03 22:09:07)
Oops. Wrong location. Responding to an earlier comment on Ryan White's production this year.
- Comment on Canadiens vs. Ducks preview: Parenteau, Malhotra healthy scratches (2015-03-03 22:04:13)
Management made Whitey a fighter cuz we had no one else then were surprised when his game didn't seem to improve. I love the kid. As far as I'm concerned, he was treated shabbily by the team (slewfoot of the coach didn't help). Another player treated shabbily was Pouliot, whose final sin was taking a boarding penalty on Boychuk. Imagine, being physical with the Bruins at their nastiest. Benny is also doing quite nicely in Edmonton, despite breaking a foot blocking a shot (cue the tripping over the blueline jokes).
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 22:43:30)
Probably been said, but Beaulieu has talked about the big change in his play being how the game has slowed down for him. The criticisms of Tinordi are that he often makes a poor first pass and also makes some poor decisions. These mistakes are a function of him rushing because the game is coming at him too fast. If Beaulieu is any indication, the game will slow down for Tinordi as well and his play will improve as a consequence.