Habitoban - (Marty S.)Member since December 31, 2010
Habs fan since: 1956
Favorite current player: all
All-time favorite player: Larry Robinson
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-09 13:23:13)
Any word on Bourque? The TV shot of him after that hit showed a guy who looked like he was dealing with concussion nausea. He managed to gut it out to the end of the game, but given his history, I wonder what his long term prognosis will be. It took him quite a while to come back from the last concussion, and even longer to start playing a physical game. To use a phrase rarely seen on HIO..."Hope I'm wrong."
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 27: Canadiens skate to early lead, beat Leafs 4-2, move into third place (2013-11-30 17:35:39)
Bourque and Bournival would be an improvement over Gionta in both size and scoring potential. Sadly, "C" stands for Can't sit.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 24 – Canadiens beat powerhouse Penguins 3-2 (2013-11-23 22:35:48)
Funny. Team started heading south last year when we lost Emelin, now that he's back it looks like we're heading north.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 24 – Canadiens beat powerhouse Penguins 3-2 (2013-11-23 22:24:35)
I apologize in advance for being petty, but ... Jacques Martin, that is how you hold on to a lead!
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-23 09:59:32)
Kudos to White. Could only catch the 3rd period but again saw some good play out of White. He has really improved his game this year despite limited ice time. His PK is strong, he is skating well and with purpose, and is even showing some offensive smarts. He is also playing disciplined hockey (haven't check his face of #s). Maybe dropping down on the "enforcer" depth chart has taken some pressure off him so he can concentrate on hockey instead of being distracted by his unofficial role as resident tough guy. I will leave to others to determine the full impact of the haircut on his game.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-20 09:28:54)
Here is the "a" that I dropped. Please insert as required.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-20 09:23:20)
Re: Bourque. Not sure where this "flotter" complaint comes from. He skates hard (certainly harder than Briere), uses the body and is strong on the boards (certainly more so than Max), goes to the net (more than Pleks) and is a threat with the puck (more than Gionta). He's not the sniper that Cammy was, but I think he has more dimensions to his game.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-11-16 10:53:46)
I must need a new TV cuz mine has been showing Bourque playing pretty well al year.
- Comment on Leblanc, St-Pierre sent down to Hamilton; Desharnais back in Habs’ lineup (2013-11-06 16:26:38)
And those who spelled "pines" have pissed off their coach once too often.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-11 09:29:05)
Lot of talk about descriptive names for lines. Here are few that come to mind: sky line: a very high ceiling dotted line: only visible every other game help line: Spring call ups clothes line: any line with PK gas line: under a lot of pressure chat line: incessant trash talking con line: keep promising to break out DEW line: haven’t scored in a month tag line: chase each other in our own end fault line: according to some, any line with DD trap line: all NJ lines phone line: just dialing it in by line: potential buy-outs tree line: very little growth potential soup line: Depression victims hog line: don’t share the puck can can line: has two Canadian-born players