Mondou6 - (Mondou)Member since December 29, 2010
Massachusetts via Yamaska
Habs fan since: 1970
Favorite current player: Subban
All-time favorite player: Lafleur or Dryden
- Comment on (AUDIO) Habs sign Markov to three-year contract; Burns named to Hall of Fame (2014-06-24 09:39:38)
- Comment on Markov looking for three-year, $18-million deal: report (2014-06-16 12:28:57)
I wonder the same thing about Vanek/Collberg. At the time, we're happy to get Vanek, and most agreed it was worth the gamble. But what if Collberg pans out to be a very good player? Was he worth the playoff ride of 2014? I'm not sure. In leagues with salary caps, you have to take a cold-hearted approach. Which means that yes, if we weren't willing to re-sign Markov, we should have traded him last year.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-15 21:37:39)
Well, Tinordi was on our roster last year. I guess my point is this...We stake our Cup chances on Price. The Rangers pretty obviously planned to crash Price and it worked, they knocked him out, and won the series. No one on our team did anything about it. Krieder got away with it. Lundqvist was never touched. Is anything going to be different next year? Did we learn anything from it? Or is this a recurring theme, where other teams knock out Max, Eller, Price, and we sit back and take it? Because it seems like it's becoming a pattern.
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-15 21:33:38)
- Comment on Habs trade Leblanc to Ducks; Therrien gets four-year contract extension (2014-06-15 20:25:27)
Are there any good "enforcers" on the market? I'd prefer a guy who had enough skill to be able to be on a playoff roster, and also able to fight against the typical goons. For example, when Price gets run, this guy would beat the crap out of Krieder.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 21:06:45)
I'd choose PK, partially because I'm a homer, and partially because I think, if anything, his talents have been greatly held back here. Imagine PK on the Kings. Or on any team that could afford to turn him loose.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 21:02:10)
As long as it doesn't happen to the Bruins, it will be celebrated as "part of the game". If Rask gets run, then all hell will break loose.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 20:56:07)
And Quick gets run by Pouliot. Seems the Rangers have a thing for trying to knock out goalies. Since we were too pacifist to do anything about it, I'm hoping now that LA takes out Lundqvist.
- Comment on HI/O Show: Habs will face more pressure next season (2014-06-13 20:42:46)
Good evening mes amis... Glad to see LA get on the board early. After our series, I'm comfortable saying "F the Rangers". Hopefully the Kings will roll big tonight. World Cup is fun to watch! Rooting for US, France, Germany, Brazil.
- Comment on Liveblog: Conference Final Game 2 – 3-1 loss drops Canadiens into 0-2 hole (2014-05-19 23:17:46)
Not sure what you were watching, but that wasn't fun.