Bill HMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 60s
Favorite current player: TBA. So far I like Cammalleri
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau, Bob Gainey and Larry Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-03 09:40:34)
- Comment on Habs call up Blunden, Holland, Beaulieu; Prust out for four weeks (2013-10-21 11:50:00)
Yes, we are so lucky that there is no arrogance here on HIO. I would say "humble" is more the prevailing tone of most comments.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-13 09:37:31)
Not relevant. We are picking on Diaz this month. I think its the Latino name. Force of habit.
- Comment on Price to start against Flames; Pacioretty, Gionta ready to go (2013-10-09 09:54:20)
- Comment on Tinordi and Bournival to start season with Habs (video) (2013-09-27 11:22:36)
I must admit that I don't really know how this season will go for the Habs. Will the Gallys improve or struggle in this, their second year on the team? Will Markov regain some of his former mobility and speed? Will Eller pick up where he left off last year, or will he need most of the season to fully recover from concussion? Will Tinordi stick with the team and quickly learn, or will he be sent back to Hamilton? Will Carrie Price finally establish himself as an elite goaltender who can pull wins right out of his a$$? Will Max click with DD and Briere to become a number one scoring line, or will all three have off years? Will the new muscle we have added with Murray and Parros be enough to correct certain deficiencies that became apparent at the end of last season? Will our team be crippled with injuries, or will we be healthy and over perform? None of us have the answers to these questions. We could be contending for the lead in our division, or we could be a bubble team fighting for a place in the playoffs. We might even be out of the running after 65 games. Frankly, that's part of what I enjoy about the game. We never know. Things might begin to click and all of a sudden we are in the Cup finals.
- Comment on Habs tee up new season at golf tournament (2013-09-04 15:19:57)
Crosby 1-on-1 with Mansbridge tonight on the National. He will be discussing his concussions, recovery, and his views on concussions in the NHL today.
- Comment on New career: Darche puts McGill degree to good use with Delmar International (2013-09-03 15:24:47)
Well, yes, I am excited about the coming season. But not for any of the reasons mentioned in that article. I think the guy must have been very stoned when he wrote that.
- Comment on Happy 82nd birthday to Jean Béliveau (2013-08-31 10:22:14)
Happy Birthday Mr. Beliveau. One of a kind and my all time favourite Canadien.
- Comment on Hockey is just around the corner (2013-08-30 20:46:12)
Yes, I would be interested.
- Comment on Hockey is just around the corner (2013-08-30 18:10:53)
Neither are Lehkonen or de la Rose. I expect European players playing in Europe this coming year are not invited.