Bill HMember since November 10, 2007
Habs fan since: 60s
Favorite current player: TBA. So far I like Cammalleri
All-time favorite player: Jean Beliveau, Bob Gainey and Larry Robinson
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 13:16:18)
Well stated. Thanks for your thoughts. Its true that Eller has a lot to prove. DD is playing much better these days.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 10:59:30)
Thanks for your very respectful response. I think, as many do here, that the team needs to get bigger and grittier. Davey has certainly been playing well, since his extended slump at the beginning. I think Eller has more potential than Desharnais. There are diverse opinions here. Mine is but one.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-02-28 10:29:31)
Eller will be a solid second line centre. He hasn't been given the opportunity to prove it by giving him the wingers he needs. The team has an overabundance of centres - Desharnais, Eller, Galchenyuk. Pleks, White. I think the solution is to trade Desharnais in the off season. He's small, but MB should be able to get something for him from a team without the same size issues as the Canadiens. He has now proven that his break out year was not a fluke. Galchenyuk, Eller, Pleks, White down the middle is a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, Desharnais is an important part of the French character of the team. So I don't think he will be traded.
- Comment on Price gets Game 1 start for Team Canada; Boone will be blogging live (2014-02-12 09:26:48)
I guess the people who reviewed that goal don't have the benefit of sound. The whistle clearly was blown before the puck crossed the line. If Canada wins, that taints the victory. Its hard to imagine why they allowed that goal. On the other hand, the puck was obviously in play and the whistle should not have been blown. But I didn't know they could "unblow" the whistle upon review.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 43 – Canadiens comeback earns a point, but they lose in OT (2014-01-04 19:59:10)
I haven't read posts yet, but I am assuming since the Habs aren't playing a boring defensive style, everybody must be happy?
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-08 10:47:27)
The Thornton assault once again raises some serious questions. Passionate and well reasoned argument by the flower in favour of goons patrolling the ice to protect skilled players: "Today they are dropping nightly so you tell me how suspensions can or are making a difference. You tell me why what worked for years cannot work today?" 1.) The suspensions dished out by the league are usually a joke. Make suspensions more consistent and more severe if you want to reduce concussions and other injuries. 2.) Equipment today is rock hard and leads serious head injuries. Change equipment to reduce injuries. 3.) Players today are bigger and faster than they were back in the days of Gretzky. Marty McSorely cannot protect Gretzky in today's game, irrespective of the instigator rule. The NHLPA is as much to blame for the injuries as the NHL. The PA needs to educate its own membership.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-12-03 09:40:34)
- Comment on Habs call up Blunden, Holland, Beaulieu; Prust out for four weeks (2013-10-21 11:50:00)
Yes, we are so lucky that there is no arrogance here on HIO. I would say "humble" is more the prevailing tone of most comments.
- Comment on About last night … (2013-10-13 09:37:31)
Not relevant. We are picking on Diaz this month. I think its the Latino name. Force of habit.
- Comment on Price to start against Flames; Pacioretty, Gionta ready to go (2013-10-09 09:54:20)