voyageur9 - (Paul Koring)Member since December 30, 2007
Habs fan since: 1967
Favorite current player:
All-time favorite player: Yvan Cournoyer
- Comment on Lightning vs. Canadiens preview (2015-03-10 08:54:02)
So if the Habs' AFL team moves to St. John's but the Bulldogs name stays in Hamiliton as Michael Andlauer has promised, what's the team name in St. John's and, perhaps, eventually Laval Voyageurs I hope.
- Comment on Jack Todd: Canadiens could win the Stanley Cup (2015-03-01 13:36:54)
Ducks put Rene Bourque on waivers
- Comment on Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens preview: Gonchar returns to lineup for Habs (2015-02-27 11:57:41)
Dept of idle speculation: If Edmonton really wants Fucale what would the Oilers trade for him? And is it a multi-player package or another one-for-one?
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-13 17:34:52)
21st shootout for caps this season
- Comment on Habs will open playoff series Wednesday night in Tampa (2014-04-13 17:33:21)
shootout in Washington
- Comment on About last night … (2014-04-06 10:21:46)
Curious twist to the new divisional alignment. If the current 1st-round matchups last LA-San Jose Chicago-St. Louis Dallas-Colorado Minnesota-Anaheim Philadelphia-New York Pittsburgh-Detroit Boston-Columbus Montreal-Tampa Then the Montreal-Tampa series has the longest travel in the East and 2nd longest overall (2100 kms albeit in the same time zone.) In the west, Minnesota-Anaheim (2400 kms) is longest, followed by Dallas-Denver (1000)
- Comment on Habs select McCarron in first round, Rosèmere native Fucale in second (2013-07-02 14:43:16)
Preds put put veteran blue-liner Hal Gill on waivers, per Lebrun Great career, fine man, hope it ends gracefully
- Comment on Bring on the Senators! (2013-04-29 07:56:06)
Look past the first round. Assume the Penguins beat the Islanders (likely the highest probability.) In that case, the Habs can only face Leafs, Bruins or Capitals in the 2nd round.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens at Penguins (2013-04-17 17:15:47)
Because he deserves (at least) five games, and if the victim had been wearing a Habs jersey, no one on HIO would disagree. That sort of careless (or deliberate) play that is almost certain to injure needs to be punished out of the game. Sooner, rather than later. No matter who is doing it and no matter who is on the receiving end.
- Comment on Bourque out indefinitely with a concussion (2013-02-26 14:13:38)
Will create an oddly unbalanced schedule, especially for teams -- like the Habs -- in eight-team divisions. 28 games against the 14 Western Conference teams (one home, one away). 24 games against the eight teams in the other Eastern Conference (two home, one away or vice versa to be rotated every season). 30 games against the other seven teams in the Habs' own division; (five games against two teams and four games against five teams four times) So every western team will visit the Bell Centre once, all eastern teams will visit once, some twice, and every divisional rival will visit twice and one team will visit three times.