aroma54Member since December 25, 2010
Habs fan since: 1961
Favorite current player: Camalleri
All-time favorite player: Claude Lemieux
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 47 – 20 wins at the Bell Centre for Martin F. Brodeur (2014-01-14 19:27:34)
If DD is indeed out, what a pity that Gal27 is injured. Finally Galchenyuk would have played some center. I guess Briere will. It will be interesting to see what the lines are.
- Comment on Gomez will play this weekend (2011-09-23 09:06:19)
good observation - so far the ten game suspension hasn't attracted a lot of attention, but it augers well for the season to come. And dare we hope that Shanahan is capable of being consistent and fair in all his future judgements? Let's hope, as a former player who is obviously concerned about player well being, that he can bring a degree of deterrence to head shots, dangerous boarding and so on. Winning the Stanley Cup should be a measure of skill, not survival of the fittest.
- Comment on Habs training camp opens Saturday morning … (2011-09-16 01:51:21)
and you are telling us this because....
- Comment on The guy McKeen’s forgot (2011-09-11 11:49:24)
feel better now that you've vented?... now maybe it's time to look for another hockey blog to frequent...
- Comment on The guy McKeen’s forgot (2011-09-11 11:46:51)
that's quite the pipe dream...
- Comment on Audio: Habs sign Cole, Budaj; Hamrlik, Halpern join Caps, Pouliot to Bruins, Auld to Senators (2011-07-01 17:35:55)
they're not the same kind of player at all. Pouliot doesn't use his size is often a defensive liability and lacks drive. Cole uses all of his size, plays with heart and makes a two way effort. More Gauthier/Martin's kinda player. I'm a little surprised that PG gave up this quickly on Pouliot and that at 825K he didn't retain our best faceoff man. Depth seems a tad thin now...
- Comment on Price in goal vs. Sabres (2011-03-22 13:37:42)
Using the bong is the only way to truly appreciate the movie you're quoting... go get him, Cowboy!
- Comment on Price in goal vs. Sabres (2011-03-22 13:35:23)
Clearly many of you are missing the joke. No way jbroderi is being serious here. So what's with all the thumb down?
- Comment on About last night … (2010-12-25 09:15:08)
or, it's time Martin was quite a bit more creative and started thinking a little outside the box:
It's a long, intense season. Does it makes sense to play four exhaused d'men, one of whom may be injured and three well into their 30s, night after night while playing with the heads of two promising young dmen? And it's about time to brace himself against the French-language press and let Picard sit. I think the Habs can survive playing Subban and Weber on the same night - they're young, it's still early in the season, they'll get better the more they play.
Lacking offence? How about a third line that some nights will provide it: Eller and Pouliot had chemistry - play them both together again. Right now the third and fourth lines kind of look like graveyards for goals.