NewMember since December 20, 2007
Habs fan since:
Favorite current player: Eller/Galchenyuk
All-time favorite player: John Ferguson
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-21 10:55:08)
It is sort of like building a house. Carpenters make bad plumbers who make bad electricians who are lousy at drafting. A good contractor knows how to use his agents to achieve maximum return on investment. Once Martin, Cunnyworth, and the Ghost were gone the Canadiens stopped using landscape architects to lay out the HVAC system. Now a little QC on the concrete delivery and they should be fine.
- Comment on ‘So far, so good,’ Habs’ Price says about offseason training (2014-08-20 17:35:54)
He never saw him look down at the puck because he didn't have the thing.
- Comment on Habs will play eight preseason games in 13 days; Kovalev criticizes Subban (2014-08-20 15:04:51)
The Habs regular season schedule was kindly posted above by HIO with the broadcasters listed for each game. That doesn't mean much though as your service provider will black out games depending on how they and Rogers interpret the regional rules. The most effective solution is to watch fewer games. Your viewing does not effect the outcome of the game in any manner. Your not viewing however forces change.
- Comment on Markov as next Habs captain? (2014-08-18 12:38:36)
I think you'll find there is a rule against goalies being captains or alternates.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 09:31:26)
Most of them aren't reporters. I made that mistake. Most of them are columnists. A columnist writes to entertain whereas a reporter presents the facts. A columnist is expected to base the story on facts but the objective is to talk about the theme. A reporter tells you the Habs won the game 4-2 with an empty net goal at 18:42 of the third. A columnist tells you that Gomez' only goal this month was an empty netter after the game was no longer in doubt and that goal cost $2,999,999.00, hardly a bargain for the team or fans. Soon you loath Gomez. You're not really sure why. You never even seemed to have an opinion but suddenly you find you have one. Happens with sports, news, politics, just about everything. You're told what to think and don't even realize it. Like me picking Gomez as a buzzword.
- Comment on NHL players jump on board with ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (2014-08-13 09:19:22)
Notice how they all look to the past. Freudian?
- Comment on National world junior development camp underway in Brossard (Video) (2014-08-05 12:14:31)
I like your viewpoint. There is no reason Therrien can not get better at his job and no reason PK can't get better at his. One thing a year. Maybe this season PK could shoot better than 108th amongst Dmen. A little accuracy and the whole PP improves.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-05 10:19:16)
You know what? You're right. I thought Todd was a sports writer but the Gazette hired him as a columnist. A reporter reports facts in readable format. Now while a columnist is expected to give accurate information they are permitted to base the thing on their opinion. Todd isn't paid to report what happened but to entertain. Strange universe it is becoming. We get our facts from twitter and speculation from the press.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 18:51:27)
Ever notice that the old adage "Live by the sword, die by the sword" doesn't apply to guys who injure other players? They sometimes get a little suspension but always seem to have a job. The NHL changed the rules you see. Now you can't just walk up to them and say "About that spear on my pal Guy.." and wade in. Now you politely invite that team's goon to fight you in a staged event. Everyone gets to urinate blood and sip soup through a straw except the little s*** who started it. Of course in a sport with real officials the little s*** would have so many suspensions in the bank he couldn't lace up his skates for charity until 2049.
- Comment on (AUDIO) Subban signs eight-year deal with Habs averaging $9 million a season (2014-08-04 18:41:06)
I didn't like his article. The article is based on his imagination. Todd knows full well that didn't happen but since no one bothered to let him in on the negotiations he feels it is appropriate to write his own version of events as he imagines it. That is a huge problem in a world where people do not have the time, inclination, or knowledge to form an opinion so they take the first one thrust in their face. You just make up the story, it enters the collective consciousness, and a bit later someone repeats it back to you as paragraph 76 from the Big Book of Canadiens Facts.