joeybarrie - (Joseph Barrie)Member since December 13, 2007
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Mats Naslund
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-10 09:35:43)
How are you going to trade a 6 foot 200 pound player who has 264pts in 437 games, for a 5 foot 7 176 pound player who is 2 years older and has only 173 points in 284 games... Straight up when the cap on both players is similar only 300k separating them. Just cause we think it can happen, doesn't mean it will..
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Canucks 3-1on an emotional night (2014-12-09 21:02:32)
PATHETIC.... Worst PP in the NHL (and AHL im sure) 5 on 2 and they pull the goalie and maybe then we have a chance at scoring.
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens beat Canucks 3-1on an emotional night (2014-12-09 20:43:02)
Our PowerPlay is just plain pathetic. really sad
- Comment on Liveblog: Canadiens lose a heartbreaker (2014-12-05 22:46:54)
ANYONE PRAYING FOR A POINT?????? YEAH EVERY BLACKHAWK AND BLACKHAWK FAN. CAUSE THEY ARE LUCKY THEY ARE TIED.
- Comment on Liveblog: Wild beat listless Canadiens 2-1 (2014-12-03 21:16:12)
If we had some of this in the first 40 we would be looking much much better in taking 2 points here.
- Comment on Thomas Vanek and Wild up next for Canadiens (2014-12-02 23:57:19)
So sad. Mr. Beliveau lived a full and wonderful life, and while this certainly isn't tragic, it leaves a great sadness and loss for so many. Seeing him in his seat at home games always made me smile. I cant believe it. This is awful news.
- Comment on About last night … (2014-12-02 10:44:38)
DD is not a sniper like MaxPac...... But the kid has to learn to shoot. Everytime her breaks the zone we know where the puck is going, anywhere but the net. Everyone including my two dogs know he isn't going to do anything but make a pass. It makes us very easy to play against. DD and MaxPac play well together, but they need to both play well with other line mates as well. Gally will be our number one C soon, and we wouldn't want to have to put MaxPac on the 2nd line just cause. PLUS DD is pretty small and gets knocked off the puck a lot. Our number one center needs to be able to get the puck into the offensive zone OFTEN. Its going to be an issue as Pleks is nowhere near done and very valuable to our team. DD wont make a good 3rd line C, IMO. If the kid would shoot every once in a while, create a rebound or maybe even actually score.... teams wouldnt just look for the pass and tie up his options as much.
- Comment on Canadiens will face well-rested Rangers team; prospect Nikita Scherbak suffers back injury (2014-11-23 15:57:02)
Cant see Perron coming to the Habs. Doubt we would trade DD as he works so well with MaxPac. and I dont see The oilers wanting DD in return. Similar cap hit. Lower numbers. Smaller. No incentive for the Oilers to trade Perron for DD, even if we throw in a pick. Far fetched dreaming at best to me.
- Comment on Liveblog: The W streak ends, not with a bang but a whimper (2014-11-18 19:56:47)
Not such a great game very quickly....
- Comment on About last night … (2014-11-17 13:03:35)
I have noticed along with the obvious, you need good players and depth to win in the NHL, there are a few keys that successful teams seem to always have. Important: -Winning face offs. Possession is a huge key that translates directly to goals (goals against) and wins. -Special teams. a great PK is essential. And of course a PP is important. -Cycling with possession. The last time i can remember us keeping pressure in the offensive zone with good cycling was with Kovy. -