joeybarrie - (Joseph Barrie)Member since December 13, 2007
Habs fan since: 1976
Favorite current player: Carey Price
All-time favorite player: Mats Naslund
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 32 – The winning streak ends at five as Kings pot six (2013-12-10 22:04:30)
best last 10 record in the entire NHL. But lose a stinker 6-0 and its back to fire everyone and the team is losing all their games because they are tiny and pathetic. relax. Its one game. besides in the playoffs we only have to beat a western team in the finals. And that's just fine with me.
- Comment on Habs vs. Kings could be a defensive battle (2013-12-10 11:16:02)
As it always frustrates me to see people bashing our players when they are deemed to be under performing. I decided to look this up: 1. Galchenyuk 23 2. Briere 27 3. Plekanec 27 4. Pacioretty 29 5. Gallagher 30 6. Eller 32 7. PK Subban 32 8. Gionta 34 9. Markov 42 10. Prust 43 11. Desharnais 46 12. Bourque 53 13. Diaz 61 14. Emelin 66 This represents how many minutes on the ice each player plays and registers a point. So Galchenyuk leads our team with a point every 23 seconds. Look who is number 2......... It just frustrates me when we bash our own and make things worse based on nonsense. So next time just consider this, how well would certain players be doing if they got 18-20 minutes of ice time?
- Comment on Habs’ Markov looks fine at practice (2013-12-10 10:35:21)
Funny how we always jump on the player who we deem to be performing the least, and go crazy. Briere has averaged 12 minutes per game of ice time, and the last 3 times he went pointless he played under 10 minutes. The last time he went 13 points for 11 playoff games he was playing almost 20 minutes per game at least. The last 5 games he played in less than 10 minutes he didnt register a point. That being said, he has points in 10 games this season, Max Pacioretty has points in only 9 games this season. MaxPac has played one more game than Briere and has 4 more points. But of course Briere is useless and MaxPac is a scoring god. MaxPac also averages 18 minutes per game. We need to start to look at reality when we look at our team.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-07 21:39:57)
Boston steals it. Smash and grab
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 31 – Canadiens win ugly for fifth in a row (2013-12-07 21:38:20)
boston ties it up
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 30 – First place, baby! (2013-12-05 21:23:53)
I was thinking what was the difference on the hit on boychuk and the one on prust. I really hope Boychuk is ok. No one deserve to be hurt or injured. Even if they wear a B.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-02 21:30:42)
Great bowtie Mr. Stubbs. Very well done.
- Comment on Liveblog: Game 28 – Canadiens beat nemesis 3-2 (2013-12-02 20:46:09)
I'm thinking the pass to the open man in front of the net that PK stopped with his stick.
- Comment on Habs’ Murray misses practice; Budaj will face Capitals (2013-11-29 12:07:19)
captain laich is out with an injury. They are going with Neuvirth again. gotta have faith, cause I don't want to hear the jeers after the game. I prefer the boos when we win. please lets go 5 in a row.
- Comment on Habs’ Murray misses practice; Budaj will face Capitals (2013-11-28 13:52:55)
While at first glance it seems like its the old way vs the new way. You actually help prove my point. I agree that the newspaper and the like are still important and popular. But the information we get now comes from different sources and is much quicker. Catching up on the worlds events is still going to be done. But our opinions are mostly already formed. We read about things afterwards but we are mostly aware. Nothing against catching up, but its mostly about advertising now.