HI/O Show: Jacques Demers is our special guest this week

Senator Jacques Demers, the last coach to win a Stanley Cup with the Canadiens in 1993, is the special guest on this week’s HI/O Show, joining Gazette columnist Dave Stubbs and sports editor/host Stu Cowan.

All three give their predictions for the first-round playoff series between the Habs and Lightning and Demers compares the 1993 team he led to Montreal’s 24th Stanley Cup to this year’s squad.

Other topics of discussion include:

What is the pressure like for a Canadiens coach?

The relationship between Michel Therrien and P.K. Subban.

Apart from Carey Price, who was the Habs’ MVP this season?

Is home-ice advantage in the playoffs over-rated?

1. Dug says:

Great episode! I too had to disable AdBlock (upper right for Chrome users) to finally be able to watch again. It seems a shame that this great show has had to constantly battle such a clunky site, imo. I wonder how many others have lost patience…

2. HIO Dev says:

Hi all,

If you’re unable to view the Show, I’d like to help.

Please reply to this comment with the following information:

1- What platform are you on? ( eg.: Desktop or Mobile? Windows XP, 7 or 8? Mac os 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9? Linux?)

2- What browser are you using (eg.: Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 or 10, Safari, Chrome, Firefox?)

3- Are you using ad-blocker software?

4- What do you see? Is the video loading and not playing? Not loading at all? Is the little coloured wheel spinning endlessly?

Thanks for helping us fix this,
    Sebastien
    Gazette Developer

• Habitant in Surrey says:

Hi Sebastien

…thanks for responding

…I think We have already solved the temporary problem

…in My case, I use Chrome (the latest version) …never a problem before playing the show on Chrome, until I tried to run the Coderre show

…the link showed zero …no response to a click, therefore no pin-wheel to observe

…it was solved by following Vinny Red’s advice below …I disabled AdBlock (My version of AdBlock, there are several)

…the version of AdBlock I used previously did not have this problem …the one I am using now obviously does

…glad to know HIO’s tech people are helpful …thanks Sebastien

GO HABS GO !!! :)

Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

…and, last, but not least:

Mike Boone; MARCH 25, 2014 AT 7:54 AM:

“Finding every way to stir up sh.. is pretty much my job description.”

• savhabsman says:

I use Windows 7
      I use Chrome
      I use do not track me
      When I get to the link, all I get is an image that can’t be clicked on.

Thanks for your time,

Savhabsman

3. Cal says:

Great show. It was a treat to see the Habs last Cup winning coach.
    Had to disable my Adblock, but the HIO show is always worth it.

4. Habitant in Surrey says:

@Stu Cowan

…Stu, this is second consecutive (including the Coderre segment) HIO show I am unable to view

…I use the Google Chrome browser

…is there a technical limitation We are unaware of ?

…can Your technical people look into this ? …as I seem not to be the only other HIO member to have this problem

…thanks Stu …as You are aware I really enjoy these conversations with Yourself, Dave and Your guests

5. Habcouver says:

Great show, Stu.
    Keep ‘em coming!

We Are (Not) All Canucks.
    Proudly Canadian but passionately Canadien!

6. Danno says:

New threat…

________________________________________

“Hey Richard, two minutes for looking so good!”
    Updates, highlights & great discussions on all things Habs

7. JohnInTruro says:

Winning the first game will have such a large impact on this series. Statistically we know it does anyhow, but between the playoff rookies (or guys we have with only a handful of games under their belts) we have, and the rookies TB has putting confidence forward for our crew, and putting the TB guys back on their heels would be huge with the inexperience in this series.

8. habs-fan-84 says:

That was one of the best HI/O shows yet!

9. Habilis says:

Dwyer and O’Halloran are the zebras tonight. Cormier and Miller are the linesmen.

No Chris Lee. Phew.

10. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/sholi2000/TBLOGO_zps4b01e03e.jpg

Shane Oliver
    Twitter @Sholi2000
    Custom Sports Figures
    Congrats Carey Price and PK Subban, Montreal’s Gold Medal Members!

11. Paz says:

All hail the Senator.

12. Say Ash says:

First, baby!

13. B says:

Stubbs gives a prediction? Gypsy?

At the risk of being redundant, GO HABS GO!

–Go Habs Go!–