Demers joins the guys on HIO

In our second episode, Stu Cowan discusses the Montreal hockey scene with Dave Stubbs and Senator Jacques Demers, the last man to coach the Canadiens to a Stanley Cup. The panel looks back at that championship season 20 years ago and talks about what has gone wrong since. Demers also shares his stories of the night he won the Cup, the day he was fired, and he has some advice for current coach Michel Therrien.

Please enable Javascript to watch this video

1. jackbutt says:

Not the first time I hear this story and it never gets old. Jacques is inspiration to everyone who pay attention to what he says. Thank you for the awesome interview. Looking forward to more.

2. twokaie1 says:

Stu, Dave, thank you for this episode. It’s always refreshing to hear stories from the battlefield. Mr. Demers has such great insights from behind the scenes. These stories help identify successes and errors committed throughout the history of our Habs and one would only hope that today’s leaders of this franchise will learn from them.

PS: Do you think that Mr. Scotty Bowman would accept and invite to be on your show? It would be a WOW moment for a lot of fans.
    Again, please keep up the good work.

Twokaie

3. Habimus-Maximus says:

Wow, great show guys. I was very anxious for the next one to come out. Never really though Jacques was going to be even better than the Chris Nilan interview. Very real honest discussions coming from Jacques…..some of theses stories have never been heard. Congrats on some original questions………..yes, sound very low, but no prob when you play at max vol.

Keep it up. This site is getting better and better. Love the cover picture of Demers

Habimus

4. Habitant in Surrey says:

…Stu & Dave …seeing You had posted a new video interview, I was a little reluctant to give it a look, feeling it may be ‘a let-down’ from the initial Chris Nilan interview, which, for Myself, was an out-of-the-park home-run for intimacy, all the ‘right’ questions and sheer ‘entertainment’ if One was a died-in-the-wool Habs Fan

…well, I hesitated, but finally gave it a look this morning out here on the Wrong Coast, and I just sat here totally absorbed

…by far, the best that I can recall and most intimate interview of Jacques Demers recalling the glorious run in ’93 …rivetting

…as an ex-goaltender, if I may make a request or suggestion, Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden would be ex-Players I would be very interested to see as among Your future guests

…Scotty Bowman as well if You could anyway corral Him when He’s back in town

…Congratulations, again, Guys …made My day ! :)

PostScript: …one of the most important values I personally associated with My admiration of My Montreal Canadiens, was the ideal and results of how much magic was spun by English and French working together to become the epitome of what is beautiful and successful in hockey when Their distinct innate skills and passions work cooperatively

…if only, the political class of Quebec could have been the Montreal Canadiens

• Habitant in Surrey says:

…one extra question Stu …seeing as this is an online video blog/interview, with no broadcast time restraints, is it possible to keep the questions and dialogue going beyond the 30 minute format, or until You run out of questions ?

…as may be apparent, …I can’t ‘get enough’ ! :)
      _________________________________________________________
      Habitant means PASSIONATE HOCKEY

Campaign to Retire Toe Blake’s Number 6 !!!

5. HAB-PROFESSOR says:

good video with Mr. Demers…but you guys need help with the audio…
    too low.

should be minimum -6db and I’m sure its WAY LOWER than that.

The N.A.G. (North American Grit) effect is the only path to success…

6. The BEAR says:

Great stuff Stu! Really like the set changes. The GAZETTE better give you a raise or TSN will grab you!!

7. Sportfan says:

I didn’t know you could win stuff!!! Aside that I really enjoyed that and it was great to see Demers say yes we had a lot of Francophones, but our Anglophones helped just as much I really liked that.

8. Goliath2 says: