Yikes! The CHicks are taking over!!

From The Gazette’s David Klimek, the Bobby Orr of marketing stats, some interesting numbers on HIO’s audience.

No help for it, guys.

We have to put in a second loo.

And the high-fives after loud farts?

History.

1. B says:

Ranking is down to 16th.

2. Psycho29 says:

Tony….What’s with the attitude? You should be happy!

Your Leafs are going for an 82-0 season and MacArthur is on track to break Gretzky’s goal record (92) with 103 goals….

3. Say Ash says:

He has a decent shot, more accurate than Spacek, I reckon.

4. SmartDog says:

No, yo have Max-Pac above.

And I think Palushaj is at least in the 2nd list. But I’ve only seen him play this pre-season.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

5. SmartDog says:

Tell her he only really performs a couple times a year. ;)

On the other hand, I hear he likes long walks along the river.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

6. Chuck says:

I smell a road trip!

7. fbkj says:

habs send out emails to season ticket holders

and im not claiming to know anything that isnt general knowledge about the panthers attendance, the fact you brought that up with such a bizarre tone is noted and douchechilly

8. madcap_habsfan says:

I’m on here daily keeping up with the goings on in habs world, i occasionally post something here or there but as eliisa said it’s a tad bit dramatic on here almost all the time.

-”People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” Chuck Palahniuk

Rob – Good heads-up on MaxPac.  I didn’t have him on my radar because he already was a regular a few years ago.  As well, the article didn’t mention his name or include him on their prospect list.  Maybe they feel he has somehow graduated (see bottom of the list).  Palushaj belongs in the rest of field.

10. observer says:

just got an email from the habs??? yeah right leetle boy you must mean you put yourself on a list that zillions of others also are on. besides what would you know about miami’s attendence?

11. Natrous says:

Keep dreaming and stay classy, Punk(ster).

12. krob1000 says:

Pacioretty? Palushaj? both NHLers for sure IMO ….

13. fbkj says:

agreed, they did it up in french AND offer a promotional code…

and wow their prices on luxury box rentals, even though its $2500, is chump change compared to renting at the bell center

14. SeriousFan09 says:

Kind of smart, Habs are in town and it’s a Habs crowd filling the arena. They know better than to annoy the people who contribute to the very few big attendance nights they have there.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

15. avatar_58 says:

Kinda classy actually

Here’s the shortened version.

Good prospects:Leblanc, Kristo, Max-Pac, Tinordi, Yemelin, White, Weber

Longshots: Avtsin, Maxwell, Engqvist, Nattinen, Gallagher, Carle/Bennett

Rest of Field – Don’t hold your breath.

SUMMIT NOTICE!

By the way this Habs Chick above Vicky,  just donated a pair of her season tickets to the Summit Gainey Foundation Raffle.

The chicks on this site are TOPS.

See you all at Hurleys Pub Nov. 5th

18. sholi2000.com says:

Because they sell out every time they’re there :)

They Call Me Shane

19. adam76 says:

They can send us love, or hate – were buying those seats.

20. fbkj says:

richard trophy for lulz

21. Say Ash says:

conn smythe even better

22. fbkj says:

just got an email from the habs

florida’s attitude differs from the isles, not that we didnt already know this

23. avatar_58 says:

Price winning a Vezina would be a hilarious middle finger to haters

24. bwoar says:

She’s the reason I never learned calculus.  But I don’t grudge her, I never would’ve met the cutest nurse at the VD clinic otherwise.

25. Say Ash says:

Ha! Boone censored himself!

26. bwoar says:

Well yes, but you should still count for statistical accuracy ;-)

27. mike g says:

Alright peeps…

Time for one of Mike G’s 5 question segment. This one is gonna be real fun. Here we go…

IN 10 YEARS FROM NOW:

1- Will the Canadiens have won a Stanley Cup?

2- Will the Coyotes and Panthers still operate out of deserted cities? If not, where will they relocate?

3- Who will be ther Habs’ captain?

4- Will Carey Price win a Vezina?

5- Will there be an english channel broadcasting all Habs games?

Bonus Question: In 10 years from now, will Benoit Pouliot finnaly learn how to balance himself on skates?

“These head movies make my eyes rain” -Simple Jack

I got AK at under 64.5 pts, with Triple X and Tom Nickle.

28. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Who could forgot Mary Jane Goodhead.

“When I was a baby I wish my first word had been “QUOTE”, then right before I die I could say “UNQUOTE” – Stephen Wright

29. HabsChick says:

Yeah, I was told they didn’t want to hear from me either.  Apparently being from ontario makes you irrelevant.  Or boring.  Or some such thing.

30. SeriousFan09 says:

1. Yes

2. Coyotes and Panthers will have moved on by then, the ‘Peg, Hamilton and QC are possible re-entry locations, but I suspect only 1 new Canadian franchise, Bettman will probably send the other to Kansas City as he’s threatened before.

3. Josh Gorges, P.K. Subban, among prospects, could be Jarred Tinordi, seems to have ‘it’ from reports.

4. Yes

5. Only if you own NHL Center Ice!

Bonus: I still check into a discussion board I first logged into 10 years ago so I’m betting at lesat I will.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

31. bwoar says:

It should also be said that the survey was exclusive, i.e. at one point I entered my location as Manitoba and was told “we’ve reached the maximum respondents required from your area” or some such nonsense, before answering any other questions.

And I was all set to pimp for more Boone.  Why else would anyone come here?

So these numbers are most likely B.S. in that the survey was skewed towards people from ???  (probably Quebec?)  Not sure why you would do that on a web survey but corporate types DO prefer their data to match preconceived notions belonging to advertisers.  Among over 18s the site skews old according to these numbers, hence the lovely All-bran banners to go with “Guitar Hero 57: Flash In The Pan Edition” the latest crapmobile from Dodge and endless exhortations to find out what Mary Jane Goodhead from Math class is up to all these years later.

Every site does this, just thought I’d point it out for those who are wondering about all this data.  P.S. whoever is trafficking ads for Scotiabank, TD Bank and Royal all at once….. major exclusivity fail, besides we all know Scotiabank owns the NHL anyhow.

These gender stats are used for the Summit. It looks like the gals get to buy the rounds at Hurleys Nov.5th.

33. SeriousFan09 says:

Hockey’s Future with a look at the Habs organization’s depth.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

34. SmartDog says:

It’s the Elle.  It has a full page head shot of him.

Send me your address, I’ll send you a copy.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

35. nick says:

All it said were that the roughly the same number of men and women took the survey. It doesn’t state how many looked at it and thought “meh… maybe next time”.  ;)

36. bwoar says:

just a friendly fyi, ISPs don’t transmit that kind of personal information during websurfing; this data was likely gathered from the survey behind the red image on the top right corner.  A homeless musk ox could be using your PC and Habs I/O server-bots wouldn’t know the difference.  There are other ways of getting at that data through agency tracking cookies but for a blog like this one let’s say that step is a little too deep for no real return.

No wait what is it the kids say these days,

(   .   )  (   .   )  OR GTFO

37. SLONCOLD says:

well when about 1/3 of the fans of the nhl are women ( something like 45+ in the nfl) it should come as no surprise that the NHL and it’s players support such an important cause.

38. Harani says:

Sorry about the Rick DiPietro pink pads post earlier if I offended anyone. Somehow, it didn’t click in my head that it could be for cancer awareness month. On second thought, we’ll have to endure it through 2 games in 3 days next week. And it’s just hideous since it doesn’t fit with the Isles Uni at all. Just look at it (close-up).

“It must be love!”

39. larisalapointe says:

Agree that more guys post on HIO than chicks but could it be  that more women took the survey over the weekend than the men?

40. observer says:

players? ever see jagr in his dress? or sean avery with his dolls?

41. observer says:

sorry i cant help you but i dont hero worship anyone.

42. observer says:

people lie because they know the irs and rev canada checks these websites to find out how much money posters are making.

43. derfab says:

Sure. How many transvestites?

44. observer says:

bill maher on hbo’s realtime this past friday said women didn’t care to look at the type of pictures brett lorenzo favre alledgedly sent. is that true?

45. Chuck says:

Just for the record ladies, I wasn’t the one who farted.

46. Kaptain K says:

LETS MAKE OUR OWN SURVEY!!

(Not the income one… but the male/female one)

Post here which sex u are and approx how many times a day you visit… averaged over a week… make that a 3 game week…

Male: 20 visits per game night… and about 5 on off game days…. so thats 3(20) +4(5) = 60 + 20 = 80 per week.

47. JIMVINNY says:

Since my 25 year old wife is the name on our telephone/internet bill, her stats are probably the ones that show up everytime i visit the page.  Situations like mine probably account for a lot of the female stats.

48. SeriousFan09 says:

Statistical sampling, you ask X people from Y region and extrapolate from that, +/- a certain percentage of error. Stats class in CEGEP, told me everything I needed to know about how it’s calculated and Yes Minister told me how they get twisted.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

49. Kaptain K says:

How did they get these stats…? Theres no way women check this site more than men…not being sexist but it just doesnt make sense. Maybe the survey was taken on the gazette website where maybe women visit more than men… the survey should be taken on here lol.

Captain Gionta

50. punkster says:

First of all your dealer is not a “big shot pharma guy”. He’s just a dealer.

Secondly, the advancement in research and treatments from 20, 15, 10, 5 and even 3 years ago show that people are working hard on the problem.

Put the tinfoil hat back on a recalibrate the frequencies.

51. JIMVINNY says:

The higher income percentages are included in the lower income numbers as well.

52. JasonM says:

I don’t understand how exactly they got the information on how old I am and how much I’m making.

53. Bob Dobbs says:

There must be a mistake with the household income statistics, the percentages add up to 199%.

54. HugeHabsFan says:

I would have never guessed it either.  I do keep my posts to a minimum and mostly just read the articles.  It gets a tad too dramatic.

……….. “Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!” I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE. Cammalleri: “I almost feel bad for a guy who plays an NHL career without experiencing what it’s like to be a Montreal Canadien”.

55. HugeHabsFan says:

I’m the wife ;o).  I’ve been a Habs fan since I was a very little girl and haven’t had a favorite player in years.  Cammy would now be my favorite.  My daughter (11) is a huge Habs fan as well and loves anything related to the Canadiens. It’s a fight to go to bed when the Habs play on school nights.

Oh and Boone – no worries – high fives after loud farts are completely acceptable.  I’m the mom of an 8 yr old boy…it’s just the norm. ;o)

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

56. Rudy says:

What magazine has an 8/10 of Gionta????

I’m trying to figure out how to get my hands on a copy of Elle Quebec and have it sent to me in the states.

“Start the season with a clean equipment bag and a freah bucket of febreze!”-CharlieHodgeFan

57. CrashTheNetCrashTheNet says:

Wow Nice BooBs — ( . ) ( . )

58. Natrous says:

We all do, but that’s never gonna happen. There is way more money in keeping people sick than there is in helping them do away with disease.

I big shot pharma guy I once met told me that the person who cures cancer would probably be dead within a day or two… at the time I thought he was kidding around, but now I’m not so sure.

59. 123456 says:

i’m not in the majority bucket in either pie chart – i guess that makes me a minority. now i’m left wondering (since i’m in a minority group) do i get an additional break on tickets?

i do not believe the male/female stats

i am so NOT an IT person – but are IP’s looked at when calculating, because as eluded to some people post as many users or get banned and make up additional names, would be interesting to see the stats on individuals with the most user names.

60. habaddict_andy says:

My wife got into Kovalev when she saw him in Enrique concert.  Now she calls him her husband.  I have fun telling her he sucks now, and he’s not even with Montreal anymore.

Scott Gomez to Montreal Media “You’re a pain in the neck, but you’re our pain in the neck.”

61. HugeHabsFan says:

Totally with you Eliisa :o))

62. SmartDog says:

My daughter is in love with Gionta.

8 years old….she freaks out every time he’s on the ice and made me by that magazine on the stands now so she could have his 8×10.

And Cami and Pleks are turning on the ‘grown up’ (supposedly) in the house… but not enough for her to sit through an entire game.

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

63. avatar_58 says:

My mother loves Lapierre and Gomez

64. Storm Man says:

I think he had someone very close to him die of cancer so he is wearing as much pink as he can. Watching alot of the NFL players you can tell which one’s have had to deal with having a love lost to cancer or has delt with it. I for one give a huge high five to Dieps for doing this. I wish a cure is found ASAP.

65. namgel says:

My Wife was a Hab fan before but ever since Cammo showed up now she’s a huge hab fan.  She says she likes the way he smiles during interviews.

I hear my 5 year old daughter and her giggling everytime Cammo’s on the TV.

I asked my wife if I could put up a Fat Head Poster of Cammalleri floor to ceiling in the basement.

Normally she’d not be too impressed but when its Cammo she wants it in the bedroom.

Chicks ! “Go figure”

66. habaddict_andy says:

Does this mean we could also use this site for pick-ups.  I should practice on my pick-up lines…  Just kidding ladies.  ;)

67. JIMVINNY says:

October is breast cancer month, and lots of sports have been doing several similar things.  Lots of NFL players are wearing pink shoes and gloves, Baseball players as well.  That being said, I think Dieps is taking it a little far.  That’s hideous.

68. SeriousFan09 says:

Pretty sure it’s about Hockey Fights Cancer month, but I think the guy could’ve been fine with just the mask. Playing with pad colours, well ask Price how he did in Red or Fleury about his wonderful record in Yellow…

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

69. Harani says:

Yuck! Islanders Rick DiPietro in pink pads and gloves! Pink does nto match any of Islanders unis that are Blue/Orange/White. He should prolly concentrate on staying healthy no?

“It must be love!”

70. jennifer1984 says:

i didnt know there were so many of us oh here.

obviously most of the women don’t post as ive only seen a few.

71. fbkj says:

well in fairness ive been busting his balls today and he tried to reciprocate

and failed

Just pay him by the month.! If he plays 100% he gets paid 100%, if he floats at 50% pay him for the month at 50%

73. Habhopeful says:

solution to AK46′s consistency issues?

~ Sign him to 1 year deals(until he becomes UFA) IS he UFA at the end of the year?

~ As much as i enjoy seeing him play as a dominant player on our club…He can just as easily revert to his old lazy ways…Conclusion: Trade bait near Trade deadline or at the draft table…But thats just me…(and hopefully management)

“I went to see a fight the other night…And A hockey game broke out!” ~Rodney Dangerfield~

74. Jordio-oh says:

He will become a RFA at the end of the year.

Maybe I’m just being optimistic about his performance and the possibility of it being sustainable, but i wouldn’t sell high on Kostitsyn. He’s got the goods, he’s not just on a lucky streak so I’d hold onto him.

75. Sith says:

RFA, me thinks.

Where the heck have you been? Good to see you here again Plek–A

77. Plek-Andrew says:

Wait a second… wait, wait wait…

So 51 % of page viewers are women….

and another stat states that 24% of H I/O visitors have a household income higher than 100 000$…

Damn, I NEED to get myself a sugar mama!!!

Hello ladies… ;)

I’m the Plektster… No no, it’s nice to meet YOU!

78. Say Ash says:

Many people should be paid like this.

79. SeriousFan09 says:

Applied retroactively, Kovalev, Ryder, Tenderness and Samsonov owe the Habs a ton of cash.

- I shall always remember Captain Koivu.

80. db says:

Wow, I’m so glad I’m not paid like that.

81. TOEmastro says:

Well, it’s a women who’s name is on the bill in my house but it’s the men that visit the site… even still..

Olé, olé, olé oleé

82. secretdragonfly says:

Just curious – how many of Tony’s multiple personalities are counted as female?

83. fbkj says:

would explain the vagina, now we just gotta figure out where the sand came from

84. terrygain says:

Two years ago he sustained a serious concussion and then last year a knee injury. Let’ s see how he plays if he’s free of serious injury.

85. Habhopeful says:

oh hes got the goods…but his mentality is lagging behind his skill set, he CAN be a dominant player..>When he chooses to…He played great on his way to his original contract being signed, and then “floated” the 2 following years…And now hes “back on” coincidental to the fact his contract is up this year..>I dont know, it may just be me but i think hes definatley expendable and a good asset to move for picks and or an entry level player(s)…Well see where he goes, im just tired of the inconsistenecy from him

86. SmartDog says:

HAHAHAHAH

Oh man!  That’s funny.   But what’s even funnier was the line further down:

“If the Leafs are successful against the Islanders, they are going to take on the visiting Disney on Ice team.”

———
    Listen to the SmartDog. He knows his poop!

87. Chuck says:

Hmmm… maybe it was a fluke! That said, the Fishermen are off to a great start. Can’t see it lasting, though.

Centre Hice: One fan’s attachment to the Montreal Canadiens

88. Harani says:

What’s wrong in this sentence on TSN:

“The leafs are set to prove that their great start is no fluke against the Islanders.”

89. shiram says:

I’m guessing its the Islanders??

90. avatar_58 says:

Imagine if they lose

91. arcosenate says:

I guess that explains what happened to BGL last season.

92. MikeMcLaren says:

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

/\\ike
    GO HABS GO!

93. G-Man says:

Go Disraeli Go! or, as Scotty Bowman once put it:
    “Statistics are for losers.”

94. smiler2729 says:

My wife loves hockey, unfortunately it’s the Columbus Blue Jackets. We have the Center Ice package so she can watch them and has her lap top so she can bitch at the team with fellow CBJ fans at HFboards.

Yeah, I know, it’s sick.

The Habs magical playoff run last spring did make her a casual Habs fan though… who could resist that run?

95. HugeHabsFan says:

Geeze Smiler where did you go wrong??  Told my hubby many years ago, it’s the Habs or he’s out. ;o))

………..

“Thank you Cammy for making my day even more amazing!”

I STILL BELIEVE. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE.

96. Xtrahabsfan says:

I’ve  also notice that the female Habs fan is more knowledgeable and less bitchy….As well my youngest daughter is a Habs fan ( she’s ten) and asks me occasionally whats up with the skimpily undressed young lady’s in Habs underwear as posted by some of the Males on said site? She figures it’s because some of these gentlemen wish to return back inside their mothers….;)

97. JIMVINNY says:

LOL.  Even someone as crazy as Frued would have trouble creating a parallel between admiring the female figure and wanting to return to the womb.  He certainly had lots of other interesting “returning to the womb” ideas, but I don’t think that was one of them.  Besides, if the standard by which the psyche of the members on here is now being set by a ten year old, we’ve got much bigger problems that the odd offending photograph.

98. Mike Boone says:

Now that’s funny!

99. larisalapointe says:

Hi fbkj. Excuse my ignorance, but I’ve never heard that expression before.
    Could you explain it to me? hahahahaha
    Seriously not being sarcastic. And while you’re at it, who the hell is the Breezer?
    Mr. Boone, maybe a glossary is needed for us rookies.

100. alestar says:

Post of the year!

XXIV…and counting

101. habaddict_andy says:

Thanks for the link.  I ddin’t get either.

102. ZepFan2 says:

The Breezer is, Patrice Brisebois.

————————————————————————–

“The Soft Parade has now begun.
    Listen to the engines hum.”

103. larisalapointe says:

Tks ZepF!

104. larisalapointe says:

LOL tks

105. fbkj says:

ahhhh urban dictionary… so helpfull… however i prefer the number 2 definition of the houdini :)

106. Chuck says:

No more day trips to the beach for HI/O.

107. Kain292 says:

Judging by the pie charts, the (slim) majority of the visitors of this website are older, or getting there, and the (slim) majority of visitors are females.

So, assuming that most of this older women are in relationships, or are married, we can assume that they are used to manly hijinks, having been around us long enough to understand our strange ways.

In conclusion: Change nothing.

Being a Habs fan is a way of life, and a great one at that.

108. Harani says:

WOOHOO!

“It must be love!”

109. adam76 says:

That can’t be right.

110. cashbagg says:

Look in your profile and tell me where it asks for you gender, age or salary.

Now take the survey.

As if.

111. pic1983 says:

Dont know if its been mentioned yet, but Shane Doan has been suspended 3 games for his hit on Dan Sexton.  It seems like the NHL is finally starting to get the point.  The sexton hit was the second dangerous hit doan layed out in that game.  The first hit was the one on Cam Fowler that took him out of the game which, to me, seemed equally dirty to the one of Sexton.  Story on Yahoo’s Puck Daddy:

112. scrowe21 says:

That second hit was really dirty…but first one was more Fowlers fault. Glad he got suspended

————-

2 on 1 Fake pass deke

113. cashbagg says:

I don’t buy these stats for 1 second.

Honestly, you mean to tell me more women come to this site than men?? As if.

All it means is more women took the time to fill out the survey.

If a good sample group (like 10,000 or over) were polled, I’m guessing the ratio of men vs women would look something more like 85:15.

Just my 2 cents.

114. joeybarrie says:

These stats are not based on taking a survey, but by your log in information and other such info. I am pretty sure these stats are very close to the actual numbers. Just so you know, your arguments might have more weight in them without a “AS IF”… I might be wrong.

There may be other teams, but only ONE Club De Hockey…

115. punkster says:

Remember this DDO dad, busted and fined $75 for playing street hockey
    with his kids? Pathetic waste of court time and public money but it’s
    the only way to fight these types of silly laws. POWER TO THE PEOPLE
    BABY!!!

116. JD_ says:

Grew up playin’ street hockey in DDO. Yeah, the neighbours would come out and shake a finger if the tennis ball whacked their bay window, which it did at least once a weekend, but that was about it. Very chillaxed, even though we might be on the street from sunrise to sunset.

Sometimes, the dads even joined in, kinda like I do when the four hockey-mad juvies on our crescent, includin’ my son, are out there. It’s fun cause I like to slash and crosscheck with great abandon and they can’t do squat about it.

But, there’s always the angry ol’ effin’ curmudgeon on some street or other, peekin’ through the blinds and layin’ in wait for the first violation of their space, ready to wave their cane in the air, like an arthritic d’Artagnan tryin’ to shoo away those pesky, snot-nosed punks with their dang hockey sticks, unaware of how they’ve become victims of the same hopeless melancholy that devoured the Ebenezers of their day.

That’s why mankind invented paper bags and lighters, and the doggies took care of the rest.